• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Either he is genuinely too stupid to see that his broader vision is not widely shared outside of his narrow world, or he is just trying to bring down Turnbull deliberately.

or he could be totally genuine in his beliefs and believe he is right. And that it's better to be Right and ineffective government than allow the liberal government to govern in away that he believes is wrong. He could be smart enough see that his vision isn't shared but stubborn enough to try and force his view on his party by whatever means available.

I find it quite funny that Abbott promised to not undermine Turnbull when he was ousted yet his conduct since has definitely proved otherwise.

If he thinks that he can lead the Libs to an election victory when he knifes Turnbull - well, expect a 50 seat majority to ALP if he does so.
Yeah am wondering if he is more a wrecker than Rudd

He said it himself. He wants to have battle lines. Is a clear difference to the alp

Both sides do this and as mentioned on insiders they tend to cut through more than pollies who commission such as gonski. Finkel. Infrastructure Australia. Then it's just a matter of priorities. Boring politics great policy

But looking at our fast population growth we can't afford this. Every dollar in these areas needs its maximum effectiveness. There should be no more east west link debacles.
The only way this can be locked in is if voters reject the media and vote for boring

For the record. In my opinion PM Abbott talked a big game on infrastructure but was terrible in practice

Yeah am wondering if he is more a wrecker than Rudd

He's more artful than Rudd, which is saying something, but he's got time to take the crown.

Get impression that at least Tony has an idealogical rationale that drives him.Rudd was just a nasty campaigner

This pretty much describes the Aus political divide

Libs evil stupid selfish ideological backwards always corrupt campaigners

ALP nasty power hungry hopeless sometimes corrupt campaigners

Get impression that at least Tony has an idealogical rationale that drives him.Rudd was just a nasty campaigner

Like Blair. A happy coincidence that his ideology coincides with his backers.

Let's not forget the grub is the world champion expense claimer

or he is just trying to bring down Turnbull deliberately.

After the mountain of lies Abbott told pre election, did anybody really believe him post spill when he said Turnbull had his full support and he gave his word there would be no wrecking, no sniping and no undermining?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or he could be totally genuine in his beliefs and believe he is right. And that it's better to be Right and ineffective government than allow the liberal government to govern in away that he believes is wrong. He could be smart enough see that his vision isn't shared but stubborn enough to try and force his view on his party by whatever means available.

If it is not what the electorate wants, and not even what the rest of his own party wants what right does he have to try and force his view on everyone else. Complete arrogance and hubris, not to mention elitism to think that he alone is right and everyone else should just do as he says for their own good.

The kicker was that interview at Lang Park on SBS a day or so from the election when he made that infamous no cuts to anything promise, which he immediately broke on taking office. He didn't have to say that, he was ten lengths ahead and yet still he did knowing full well he had no intention of doing so. He doomed his government before it had even begun. The other thing I suspect he didn't see happening was the abject performance of state Liberal Parties, with the exception of NSW. I honestly think he expected wall to wall Liberal governments across the country within a year of taking office.
That and I don't think he (and Credlin) ever took into account that they won by default. The ALP basically had laid down and died after the leadership changes. It was not a change of government where anybody had high hopes of the incoming mob, which for example Rudd had and quickly proved wrong, but the least worst of two options.
Every election is like that to an extent, where a "least-worst" of two wins rather than a "best", but I don't think any have given the public less hope than that one.

It takes a special sort of delusion to be Tony Abbott. The whole Senate reform thing sums him up perfectly, present policy so bad the Senate rejects it, it's their fault. He's a joke, and it was a joke that he was PM in the first place

I miss him actually omg the memes were hilarious, every day was a new disaster or embarrassing gaffe. I've never had so much fun in politics.

It takes a special sort of delusion to be Tony Abbott. The whole Senate reform thing sums him up perfectly, present policy so bad the Senate rejects it, it's their fault. He's a joke, and it was a joke that he was PM in the first place

The one and only person on this planet who had nurries to stop the country shoppers dead in their tracks, balls of steel.

He didn't stop them though, he adopted Rudd's reapplied the Pacific solution. He can't even list that as one of his achievements.
Nah they added their own touch of shutting down any reporting on the issue after they showed how well an unscrupulous opposition could make a meal of the issue through the press.

He didn't stop them though, he adopted Rudd's reapplied the Pacific solution. He can't even list that as one of his achievements.

Geez Gough you are full of s**t, you're blind hatred of Abbott has frizzled your brain. Abbott had the navy out there on day one and none have arrived since. Had the ALP or turncoat been in charge it would have been business as usual.

Didn't that Turnbull fanatic Niki Saava have a point in the end about Abbott.

Back