List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Adelaide and GWS deal for pick 4 is interesting.. that’s pretty close to the hand we had. 12, 18 and 2020 first for pick 4. We had 14, 24 and 2020 first. If we got in early a couple of late pick swaps would have got that done. Just wonder whether we did actually explore all options or if we were just consigned to the fact that we were going to give Geelong what they wanted from the outset. Had all week to try and grab a top 5 pick for leverage.

Look your right, I’m sure we will have 40 players on our senior list in 2032 or whatever the cap is then, so we won’t be “players short”.

This doesn’t change the fact we have missed out on 4 specific players that could have been on our list then but now can’t be.

There’s a very good chance at least one of 14, 2020 first, 24 and 33 will be playing in 12 years time, and therefore could have contributing to a future premiership wce premiership. Kelly’s chance meanwhile is 0.

We better hope that 6 years of kelly is worth more than 48 years of the four drafted at those picks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The chances of getting 48 years of football out of 4 draftees in any year are absolutely zero. (as I'm sure you know which makes me wonder why you wrote it)

Can someone tell me if we have an academy?
Is there any chance we will get a top draft prospect through an academy in the near future

I think of it like buying a house - do you risk missing out on the one you want by trying to haggle down to the lowest possible price? Or do you just get the deal done, knowing that in 20 years or after a premiership you won't care if you paid a bit extra.
We were never going to miss out on Kelly we blinked .......

I think you blokes should be happy and leave it at that. You got your man who will likely go up a level or two being where he wants and back home. Happy house happy family. If he went to the draft I believe he would have gone 1st pick. Min 3rd. So you actually got a bargain.
Cats were not going to blink and milked what they could. In the scheme of things they are old and slow and rebuilding. Eagles are in the window.
The more I have thought about it, after initially thinking you got blindsided and neglected future talent in a good first 30, the better the deal for West Coast.
You got an absolute gun and barring injury will play 200 games.
As far as selections go I would be looking locally at mature age talent. Find that Brett Heady.
Good show.

Can someone tell me if we have an academy?
Is there any chance we will get a top draft prospect through an academy in the near future

Cameron was an academy pick for us last year. I'm sorry mate i'm not meaning to specifically pick you out.

FMD.

Can people do no research themselves.

And just to clear it up one last time. We have to take 3 picks in the national draft as a minimum each and every year. Rulings on this have relaxed over time so that first 1 rookie pick upgrade was allowed to be one of those picks. It has since been changed again with the cat a and cat b rookie system that you can use multiple cat a to main list upgrades towards the tally.

Now we won't do this but as an example if we just wanted to use say 1 national draft pick this year we could upgrade both Watson and Edwards. For the moment though with both Brander and Rotham on the list as well as Gov, Barrass and Schofield still around we probably won't upgrade Edwards until we have to or he has a break out season which then means being poached or multiyear contract etc so we won't.

Our draft is looking really simple, 2 main picks and upgrading Watson to the main list. To do all of this we need to delist 2 more players, one of which is Mutimer. If we somehow manage another semi decent pick in the main draft I can see all of Mallen, Brayshaw and Mutimer being delisted but it's likely that one of Mallen and Brayshaw is kept. Whether that's on the main list or rookie list is anyones guess at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade that would have kept (most) supporters happy that we didn’t pay overs :

Pick 14
Pick 33
2020 First

Completed trade that has (some) supporters melting :

Pick 14
Pick 24
Pick 33 >>>> Pick 52
2020 First >>>> 2020 Third (Geelong)

Total difference is that we’ve downgraded pick 24 to pick 52 in return for a future 3rd from Geelong

Do we walk away from a deal because we didn’t want to swap 24 for two third round picks? Hold out for longer and risk losing a frustrated Kelly because he wants some certainty over his future and decides to stay in Geelong or agree to a move to Fremantle?

Or do we cough up the points equivalent of a pick around 40 and get this deal done so that Kelly has the peace of mind that he gets to where he desperately wants to be. And who’s to say we get a better deal by holding out, maybe it was Geelong who conceded ground because getting this trade out of the way enabled them to work on other deals with a whole week left

Incrementally the completed trade isn’t that far over what I had hoped for. Sure it’s overs but not enough to get upset about
You really know how to make a girl feel good about herself Keys.

Our draft is looking really simple, 2 main picks and upgrading Watson to the main list. To do all of this we need to delist 2 more players, one of which is Mutimer. If we somehow manage another semi decent pick in the main draft I can see all of Mallen, Brayshaw and Mutimer being delisted but it's likely that one of Mallen and Brayshaw is kept. Whether that's on the main list or rookie list is anyones guess at this stage.
Reckon Brayshaw gets another year.

Just listening to Vozzo’s interview on Trade Radio today.

Mentioned that we’re “well into advanced discussions” with Will Schofield to stay. He was also asked point blank if he’s expecting Ah Chee to stay, Vozzo said in no uncertain terms “yes we are.”

Just listening to Vozzo’s interview on Trade Radio today.

Mentioned that we’re “well into advanced discussions” with Will Schofield to stay. He was also asked point blank if he’s expecting Ah Chee to stay, Vozzo said in no uncertain terms “yes we are.”
Stay at the beags

[/QUOTE]
Anyone envisage a way we can parcel up our future 3rd and current fourth round to get into the 2nd round? Do we have to put someone like Petch or Duggan on the trade table to get back into the 2nd round early?
Do we have any restrictions with what we can trade pickwise now?
But with a second rounder and two third rounders next year, we'd be pretty appealing to the dogs who need points value next year. Could use them to come up draft order this year or next.

Do we have any restrictions with what we can trade pickwise now?
But with a second rounder and two third rounders next year, we'd be pretty appealing to the dogs who need points value next year. Could use them to come up draft order this year or next.
[/QUOTE]

Can trade one of the 3rd rounders we have but must keep at least one 2nd and one 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back