twaters

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
What a courageous bottle MM and crew have taken on Rowe, Maxwell, CCloke last year and again this year, with a little flutter on two 05 newbies Fanning and TCloke demanded by injuries.

Yet if we are going to lose anyway, I'd rather have even more new blood injected such as Yakka and Rusling (maybe HShaw, Egan) than folk who seem to have begun going through the motions (I suggest Williams, O'Bree - if as suggested MM ended his 3 Qtr time tirade at Burns [who at least remonstrated with Hird on Wakelin incident and on sideline injury list most of 3rd? quarter] instead of these two, then he deserves to have lost the support/ motivation of the senior players which is now almost a touchable given. You do not publicly on TV humiliate unless you fear you too are being humiliated.

05/06 loom as transition years. Our newbies in. Our coach and senior group out and passing on the batten. Wouldn't it be a great moniker for our coaching team - got them to 2 unexpected grand finals; then got two years to grow up our next young stars; then, along with our ageing strong bodies, we got out to allow for new space, talent and ideas.

The only batton we picked up is the worst team in the competition. By the end of the year we won't be. We can't compete without our best players on the paddock, anyone can see that. Blood the Yak, Heath, Egan and Rusling and when Bucks and Josh are ready we can then have a real crack at the second half of the season. Then we'll beat all these crap sides we've been losing to.

according to mike sheahan, the 3 quarter time tirade was actually directed at woewodin, not burns, which would make more sense.
not that i usually give a stuff what mike thinks.

tomaraya said:
according to mike sheahan, the 3 quarter time tirade was actually directed at woewodin, not burns, which would make more sense.
not that i usually give a stuff what mike thinks.

Woewodin is a dud. Its good to see that Malthouse (and yourself for that matter ;)) is beginning to see it.

Give Heath a chance - it even rhymes!!!!

I'm not one for playing youth for its own sake, they need to earns their spots. But they are in good form (most of them) and therefore now is the time. Bring in Heath and Iaccobucci immediately. Consider closely Swan Egan Rusling and even the much maligned Lokan. And dont consider Lonie until he pulls his digit out. And rush Richards back asap.

Lestat said:
Woewodin is a dud. Its good to see that Malthouse (and yourself for that matter ;)) is beginning to see it.

Malthouse should just drop Woewodin back to the Williamstown Reserves, so he can get some form.

But the question is, Can he get back to his Brownlow best form?

Lestat said:

How can you rate a player like Woewodin a dud. He has had 2 bad matches in a row...it doesn't make him a dud. Have you just started watching footy this year, or just have no football knowledge or memory.

No doubt that we should play some of the youngen, but we can't play them all at once. So they must wait for the chance and impress when they do get their chance to make it hard to be dropped. At this stage i wouldn't mind Williams, Walker being droped for a first gamer. Maybe even Rowe, even though he is young and a gun in the making.

Lonie_from_50 said:
How can you rate a player like Woewodin a dud. He has had 2 bad matches in a row...it doesn't make him a dud. Have you just started watching footy this year, or just have no football knowledge or memory.

He's a dud. Stop accepting mediocrity.

He's soft, he's so slow he looks like he's running on the same spot half the time, and for someone thats supposedly on $380,000 a year, he doesn't nearly do enough.

Even his good games (which are far and few between) are just that...good. He's never taken a game by the scruff the same way that for example a Burns can, or even Licuria for that matter.

Melbourne made the right decision by trading him. He peaked in 2000 (how the hell he won the brownlow??), and now he is just another run of the mill Collingwood passenger. We have plenty of them...thats part of our problem.

He's a show pony, much more worried about how he looks then his performences. And did I mention that he's soft!

Mate, I've been watching footy since you were still in your dipers.....and been to many more games then you can imagine. And as for the whole 'no knowledge of football'.....unlike you I'm not deluded, and say it how it is. With players like Woewodin, O'bree and Williams in the side we will never get anywhere, and if we have lots of deluded souls like yourself supporting the club, who are so accepting of mediocrity and crap, soon we'll be another Stkilda who ejaculate in there pants when they make a final series, a couple of times every decade!

Besides, weren't you the one who started that pathetic 'Ben Kinnear' club.

You rated Ben Kinnear....ENOUGH SAID!

Seems that you have a thing for duds! I bet you think Williams is captain material.

ThatThis said:
How does that Rhyme??? :confused:

it rhymes with the John Lennon song ,(All We Are Saying is) Give Peace a Chance. Read the name of this thread.

Lestat said:
He's a dud. Stop accepting mediocrity.

He's soft, he's so slow he looks like he's running on the same spot half the time, and for someone thats supposedly on $380,000 a year, he doesn't nearly do enough.

Even his good games (which are far and few between) are just that...good. He's never taken a game by the scruff the same way that for example a Burns can, or even Licuria for that matter.

Melbourne made the right decision by trading him. He peaked in 2000 (how the hell he won the brownlow??), and now he is just another run of the mill Collingwood passenger. We have plenty of them...thats part of our problem.

He's a show pony, much more worried about how he looks then his performences. And did I mention that he's soft!

Mate, I've been watching footy since you were still in your dipers.....and been to many more games then you can imagine. And as for the whole 'no knowledge of football'.....unlike you I'm not deluded, and say it how it is. With players like Woewodin, O'bree and Williams in the side we will never get anywhere, and if we have lots of deluded souls like yourself supporting the club, who are so accepting of mediocrity and crap, soon we'll be another Stkilda who ejaculate in there pants when they make a final series, a couple of times every decade!

Besides, weren't you the one who started that pathetic 'Ben Kinnear' club.

You rated Ben Kinnear....ENOUGH SAID!

Seems that you have a thing for duds! I bet you think Williams is captain material.

You backed up your point, which I am glad to see. But calling Woewodin a dud is very harsh. He was close to our best player last year, if not...He was one of very, very few who should consistency and that was recognized. Well...atleast by most of us. He is slow, but in what way does he need pace. He isn't damaging by his pace, he is damaging by his skills in and under. He might be soft, but atleast he goes for a tackle now and then unlike 70% of footballers.

I expect you watched the 2000 season, as I believe you are a football follower. He happened to come 2nd in my POTY award from Koutoufides. He had an awesome season. That is why he won a Brownlow. Because he had a good season. A Brownlow isn't career based individual award, it is how you perform during a season and he was the best and fairest in 2000 in the league. The fact that he will never win a Brownlow again, he obviosuly will never be a player again. He is over-rated, but heavily over-rated in regards that if he doesn't have 30 disposals each match, you wanna shoot him.
He has had a bad start to the year, and should go to Willy this week for some discipline and what-ever, yet In my opinion he is not a dud.

Ben Kinnear - Never really rated him, it was all a part of being a fan of the football and i will tell you now, it was great fun sitting out there as a teenager with the number 28 on the back and the banner in the 2003 final series. He never was a star player, and that is why we did it. We formed a supporter club between mates (not you, or anybody else, just the four of us) to support the 'dud' of the team, and it resulted well. He broke into the side and broke (his ankle) out of the side, and then straight after found his way back in for the final series. It was a proud moment of my football following career, and a memory that will stay in all 4 of our lives forever, I am sure.

Wouldn't you love it, if you were a no-name playing footy each week for the best side in the country, and you knew there was a supporters group out there for you. How many supporter groups do you see out there each week, not many, well...Benny Kinnear had one more than alot of people ever would have.

Anyway, get over BK and get on with footy. Woewodin will be back, O'Bree is not a hack, but not a star, obviously under-rated season so far, and Williams will be going back to his town to finish of his career in Black and White, or shall i say, Royal Blue and Gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to answer Stakerz question....yes he will, once he is fit and has a week or two at Willy, i would imagine he will slot straight back in...especially considering how woeful our forward line is at moment

grayza said:
to answer Stakerz question....yes he will, once he is fit and has a week or two at Willy, i would imagine he will slot straight back in...especially considering how woeful our forward line is at moment

Davidson will not return straight back into the seniors. Thats ridiculous.

It sounds like we are going to push through the youth, which is pleasing.

However, I don't think they should just put everyone in at once. A lot of these boys are between 17-20 and they would get slaughtered out there against the big boys. Maybe just put a couple in every week and rotate them through. We aren't going to win the flag, so lets start building for next year.

If players in the seniors are not up to it due to a lack of form or ability they should get dropped. The best replacements at Willi at present are young. We may as well play as many as we need. I don't really subscribe the theory that you will damage them if you play too many at once. The worst that can happen is the side gets belted for a couple of weeks and you retreat to the safety of the older players who will minimise the damage but * the progress.

I am reluctant to give up on the season too early but it won't be long before early becomes late. May as well drop Williams who is clearly not good enough, O'Bree who has no upside and has damaging (to us) disposal, Walker who just hasn't improved enough and bring in King who we need to make a call on before too long, Rustling and Iacobucci. Seems the logical thing to do to me. When Fraser and/or Richards are fit and have played a form/fitness finder at Willi then Cam will be under pressure to hold his spot. May as well leave Travis in for a good month or so even if he doesn't repeat last week. Get him heading in the right direction.

First year players struggle to see out the season. The pre season and the matches take a toll on them. You have to get games into them early while their energy levels are high and their bodies are sound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back