And the new host of My Restaurant Rules is...

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't have minded that Bill from Lifestyle, the SYndey Chef, cute as a button, and coooks the most wonderful stuff, that acutallly works when you try it yourself.His steak sandwiches and scrambled eggs are mouth watering.

campbell said:
I wouldn't have minded that Bill from Lifestyle, the SYndey Chef, cute as a button, and coooks the most wonderful stuff, that acutallly works when you try it yourself.His steak sandwiches and scrambled eggs are mouth watering.

Bill Granger would probably be too nice. Come to think of it, most of our chefs would probably be too nice (and if it was Kylie Kwong, we'd have too many soft focus scenes of her looking vaguely into the distance).

What the show needs is someone like Gordon Ramsay (who would make Dicko look like Marcia Hines in comparison) or Anthony Bourdain. It's a shame that Bernard King is dead because he would've been excellent.

Shinboners said:
Bill Granger would probably be too nice. Come to think of it, most of our chefs would probably be too nice (and if it was Kylie Kwong, we'd have too many soft focus scenes of her looking vaguely into the distance).

What the show needs is someone like Gordon Ramsay (who would make Dicko look like Marcia Hines in comparison) or Anthony Bourdain. It's a shame that Bernard King is dead because he would've been excellent.

I must admit, I love that Gordon Ramsey.

Does Dicko know what a kitchen is??????

Shinboners said:

big fan of anthony bourdain...

they should do an australian iron chef... and have all these nice aussie chef's square off against each other....

Worst kept secret of 2004. :rolleyes:

Good luck to Dicko, he'll need it. From what I heard this show only became popular towards the end of the show this season, so it will be interesting to see if they can make it interesting from the outset.

He'll be missed on Australian Idol, though - big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the worst kept secret of 2004 was that the big brother "secret" would be crap and not enhance the show in any way shape or form

luke2177 said:
Good luck to Dicko, he'll need it. From what I heard this show only became popular towards the end of the show this season, so it will be interesting to see if they can make it interesting from the outset.

All that early stuff showing them competing for the money and then having to find a location, get the permits, do the fitouts, hire staff etc. etc. went on for too long. They have to try and condense it.

But in the end, no matter how they rejig the show, I doubt that it'll get good ratings. I suspect that it'll be like the Block 2 where the ratings were a shadow of the first series.

luke2177 said:
He'll be missed on Australian Idol, though - big time.

I pity the person who has to follow Dicko - he'll be a bloody hard act to follow. Will they try and be themselves or will they try to be Dicko ver 2.0?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back