Andrejs Everitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Carlton screwed the Crows. Oh, this one wins the day.

Gibbs has no personal problems thst required him to leave and there is no evidence we asked for Sloane let alone 2 first rounders with him.

So the problems that meant that his wife and son wanted to go back to Adelaide were made up by Gibbs. were they?

But then, Carlton aren't prone to sensitivity. They are the team who held a press conference to announce Malthouse as coach, while the rest of the footy world were mourning, the day after the death of Port footballer John McCarthy.

I'm surprised that Carlton didn't decide to sack Malthouse the day after the Phil Walsh murder, just so that the focus could be put back on Carlton again.

Lol. Carlton screwed the Crows. Oh, this one wins the day.

Gibbs has no personal problems thst required him to leave and there is no evidence we asked for Sloane let alone 2 first rounders with him.

Maybe SOS should have asked for Adelaide to trade with GWS, and then trade a couple of GWS players to Carlton, since you have, what, 10 of them already.

So SOS's list strategy is steal all the GWS players from the Giants, and have them be at Carlton instead. When the Blues get Jonathan Patton or Callan Ward, I might take them seriously.

So the problems that meant that his wife and son wanted to go back to Adelaide were made up by Gibbs. were they?

But then, Carlton aren't prone to sensitivity. They are the team who held a press conference to announce Malthouse as coach, while the rest of the footy world were mourning, the day after the death of Port footballer John McCarthy.

I'm surprised that Carlton didn't decide to sack Malthouse the day after the Phil Walsh murder, just so that the focus could be put back on Carlton again.
You're a very sad and angry individual. I pity you.

Oh and Gibbs needs to call MENSA pronto if his kid is talking about the benefits of living in SA before he's even 1.

Maybe SOS should have asked for Adelaide to trade with GWS, and then trade a couple of GWS players to Carlton, since you have, what, 10 of them already.

So SOS's list strategy is steal all the GWS players from the Giants, and have them be at Carlton instead. When the Blues get Jonathan Patton or Callan Ward, I might take them seriously.
I'm guessing Geelong takes Carlton seriously after this:

Another re-tread gone.

Seemed handy when his head was in the game, but it all went pear shaped in the last half of the year.
Bolton will pump games into Curnow which is a good move. Short term sacrifice on goals kicked, but he's the one that needs to be developed for long term success.

You're a little slow on the uptake here. Perhaps the axe you have to grind has you confused.

You said personal and family problems. Moving back to Adelaide so the grandparents can see the child more is a family problem. Bryce doesn't have personal problems that affect his ability to play for Carlton.

He saw an opportunity and tried it out. He loves Carlton, loves his teammates. He has been posting photos of his trip away with teammates with #baggers at the end. He is not struggling. Meanwhile his partner has been indulging in the delights of the spring racing carnival. Carlton have offered to help them with child minding.

Carlton traded Tom Bell when he was contracted so he could be with his sick father.

Carlton postponed their Malthouse announcement as it was set for the day we found out about McCarthy.

The Walsh hypothetical is just your flair for the dramatic.

Not sure if I should bother explaining list strategy to you as it may be above your head.

Our strategy was to look for players who could fill a spot where we had no depth, players who had been injured or not getting games so their value would be cheap but generally had been highly rated youngsters only 2-4 years ago. We were also prepared to take on existing contracts to help GWS manage their cap.

Aside from Marchbank GWS were happy to part with these players.

Patton and Ward would cost more and that would be counter productive to our rebuild. This is a Moneyball strategy we appear to be playing.

A couple of years on the list for Sumner, Lamb, Palmer. Perform or move on. No harm on our side.

Plowman is a great pick up. We have high hopes for Marchbank as he completes our defence. Pickett could be anything.

Simply SOS had a relationship with these players and was using that to ou advantage. GWS has new recruiters and that trading relationship might now favour Richmond. We move on.

I am really not sure what Gibbs, Carlton insensitivity or our list building has to do with the Andrejs Everitt thread anyway but you had a lot of vitriol to unload so any port in a storm I guess.

We took you too lightly.

If we were taking you seriously, a 10-goal drubbing against you would have been on the cards.
This is quite possibly the most stupid, under considered statement I have read on BF. " if we were taking you seriously". I was there and your mob were outplayed, out tackled and harassed all day. By making this statement you completely devalued Carlton's performance. Grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t
Mentions sensitivity then makes an outlandish hypothetical about someone who was murdered to suit his narrative

Holy s**t

Holy s**t
Mentions sensitivity then makes an outlandish hypothetical about someone who was murdered to suit his narrative

Holy s**t

But someone falling to their death isn't outlandish enough to stop Carlton holding a presser to introduce their new coach.

Talk about hypocrisy!

You're a little slow on the uptake here. Perhaps the axe you have to grind has you confused.

You said personal and family problems. Moving back to Adelaide so the grandparents can see the child more is a family problem. Bryce doesn't have personal problems that affect his ability to play for Carlton.

He saw an opportunity and tried it out. He loves Carlton, loves his teammates. He has been posting photos of his trip away with teammates with #baggers at the end. He is not struggling. Meanwhile his partner has been indulging in the delights of the spring racing carnival. Carlton have offered to help them with child minding.

Carlton traded Tom Bell when he was contracted so he could be with his sick father.

Carlton postponed their Malthouse announcement as it was set for the day we found out about McCarthy.

The Walsh hypothetical is just your flair for the dramatic.

Good that you held off your Malthouse announcement the day that McCarthy died.

Too bad that, less than 24 hours later, you went ahead and announced it anyway.

You could have waited a week. I mean, everyone knew already that you snagged Malthouse, so it wasn't like some other club would snatch him from you in the meantime.

It smacked of "Hey, media, stop talking about Port Adelaide. Put the attention back on us, where it belongs".

Not sure if I should bother explaining list strategy to you as it may be above your head.

Our strategy was to look for players who could fill a spot where we had no depth, players who had been injured or not getting games so their value would be cheap but generally had been highly rated youngsters only 2-4 years ago. We were also prepared to take on existing contracts to help GWS manage their cap.

Aside from Marchbank GWS were happy to part with these players.

Patton and Ward would cost more and that would be counter productive to our rebuild. This is a Moneyball strategy we appear to be playing.

A couple of years on the list for Sumner, Lamb, Palmer. Perform or move on. No harm on our side.

Plowman is a great pick up. We have high hopes for Marchbank as he completes our defence. Pickett could be anything.

Simply SOS had a relationship with these players and was using that to ou advantage. GWS has new recruiters and that trading relationship might now favour Richmond. We move on.

I am really not sure what Gibbs, Carlton insensitivity or our list building has to do with the Andrejs Everitt thread anyway but you had a lot of vitriol to unload so any port in a storm I guess.

The fact is, SOS's trade strategy at GWS is wondering who to pick up with twenty of the first twenty five picks in two drafts.

Hell, I could pick a decent team with 20 of the first 25 picks, two years in a row. I mean, how hard is that.

Then his trade strategy at Carlton is to poach the same players, and have them at Carlton instead.

How many players has SOS actually had to pick in a proper draft, not relying on GWS?

I've seen four premierships in my lifetime. How many have you seen?

Three. And I am betting that I will see my team get a fourth before yours gets another one, champ!

PS We also got ours without cheating the salary cap, tanking,opening the chequebook to buy the best players, or by accumulating wooden spoons.

Three. And I am betting that I will see my team get a fourth before yours gets another one, champ!

PS We also got ours without cheating the salary cap, tanking,opening the chequebook to buy the best players, or by accumulating wooden spoons.
Tell me how we won the 81, 82 and 87 premierships by cheating the salary cap.

Good that you held off your Malthouse announcement the day that McCarthy died.

Too bad that, less than 24 hours later, you went ahead and announced it anyway.

You could have waited a week. I mean, everyone knew already that you snagged Malthouse, so it wasn't like some other club would snatch him from you in the meantime.

It smacked of "Hey, media, stop talking about Port Adelaide. Put the attention back on us, where it belongs".

It didn't smack of any such thing. For a start it was mid finals so other things were going to be talked about as well and Malthouse as a former coach of McCarthy wanted to say something about him and did during his press conference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back