Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

just stop FFS
I’m actually on nobody’s side here. Just asking questions that are valid. I can’t imagine anyone being able to crack into the power circle at the AFC, but apparently the CEO is s**t. He could well be. We don’t know the goings on.

I’ll rephrase the question. Do you think he has a CEO’s full rein?

I’m actually on nobody’s side here. Just asking questions that are valid. I can’t imagine anyone being able to crack into the power circle at the AFC, but apparently the CEO is sh*t. He could well be. We don’t know the goings on.

what reasonable basis is there to assume such questions are valid?

There is literally zero evidence to suggest he has any less than full reign

I’m actually on nobody’s side here. Just asking questions that are valid. I can’t imagine anyone being able to crack into the power circle at the AFC, but apparently the CEO is sh*t. He could well be. We don’t know the goings on.

So you don’t think he approved of the camp? That he didn’t rubber stamp it? Open your eyes.

Why do we want to hear from our CEO anyway?

We want to hear from the Chairman (well that is gone, Football Operations manager in Kelly and the Coach.

Fagan is here to fund the club, those other three should be front and centre for footy questions. Where hell are they.

(His interview was still rubbish)

what reasonable basis is there to assume such questions are valid?

There is literally zero evidence to suggest he has any less than full reign
Seems like he’s been relegated to the back bench. That could be all his doing or his incompetence but it’s reasonable to suspect he’s been put there by the people with the real power at the club. From the start he’s alway been guarded about what he says like he’s had to fall in line with the established mindset at the top.

Is it so unreasonable to see it that way?

Why do we want to hear from our CEO anyway?

We want to hear from the Chairman (well that is gone, Football Operations manager in Kelly and the Coach.

Fagan is here to fund the club, those other three should be front and centre for footy questions. Where hell are they.

(His interview was still rubbish)
See the Demons Presidents response. Rarely says a word in public but came out to the media and lashed the players about having pride in the jumper.

What do we get - either nothing or insipid responses.

I just want someone to put him under the pump for his “best footy program” comments, and how he thinks the current setup compares to that.

It’s quite possibly the cheapest, least experienced group ever assembled. Not to mention the big fat duck egg in the win column.

Hang on a sec, I’m no fan of him or most of the admin......
But we did make a gf under his watch and had possibly one of the better coaching groups on that run.
Clearly at some point he has been muzzled with respect to the footy side of the business.

Every time he opens his mouth it reinforces just how badly we need this fraud out. The moron has communicated this to us:

I hope you and your family are staying safe and doing well in these uncertain and trying times brought about by the pandemic. The loyalty and commitment you continue to show the Club has been nothing short of extraordinary and on behalf of the Board, management, staff, coaches and players, I would like to say thank you.

Being a part of the Crows family means we get to share the joy and excitement of on-field success, as well as the frustration and disappointment of losses and unfortunately there has been far too much of the latter lately. We did not perform anywhere near the required level on the weekend and it was a backwards step after the progress made across the previous few weeks.

We entered this season knowing there were going to be challenging periods as we worked through the rebuild of the playing list. However, we expected to perform more consistently than we have. It hurts because we have and always will be ambitious and demanding of success.

However, I want to reinforce the fact that our performances have not come through a lack of effort. Everyone inside the four walls is going above and beyond to turn things around and we must, and will, do even more. I ask for your patience as the type of sustained success we are trying to build takes time and there will be some pain in the short-term.

Every part of the Club, whether it be the administration or football department, is reviewed annually and as you would be aware, this was headlined by a thorough external analysis of our football operations at the end of 2019. It led to significant change, most notably the appointment of a new Senior Coach and Head of Football, and both Matthew Nicks and Adam Kelly need time and the opportunity to implement their philosophies that will underpin our future success. They have quickly earned the respect of players and staff, and their impact off-field has already been significant.

We now also find ourselves going down a path of aggressively rejuvenating the playing list with a strong emphasis on youth. We are excited about the opportunity to secure high-end talent in what is regarded as a strong draft pool this year. We are not the first, nor will we be the last club, to take this approach. It requires patience, commitment and a narrow focus on staying the course with a well thought out strategy, as well as sound decision making both on and off the field, particularly in the area of recruiting and list management. I can assure you we will execute on our vision.

We made some bold list management decisions at the end of last season, we will target the first round of the draft in the next couple of years, and then invest in fast-tracking the development of those young men, along with the talented players already at the Club.

More broadly speaking the Club is in the final year of a five-year strategic plan and while we achieved many of our objectives, such as growth across the organisation and two AFLW premierships, we obviously did not win a men’s premiership despite making our first Grand Final in 20 years. This remains our central point of focus.

The process of building a new blueprint for the future had begun prior to COVID-19 and like many organisations around the world, we are now working on a short to medium term plan focussed on recovery to ensure we emerge from the pandemic in the best possible shape both on and off the field. We are committed to sharing this vision so you can clearly understand the path forward and we can openly measure our progress against it over the coming years.

Thank you once again for your loyalty and passion and like we have done in tough times of the past, let’s stick together and emerge from this stronger. Take care and stay safe.

We Fly As One!

Regards

Andrew

See the Demons Presidents response. Rarely says a word in public but came out to the media and lashed the players about having pride in the jumper.

Nobody is more disappointed in their performance, Peter! NOBODY! Just like last year, and the year before, but the more important thing is that through all this disappointment and failure we have to keep backing the guys in. That's the most important thing, back the guys in. Be disappointed, but back them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Demons are what we should be espousing Peter?
Lord help us if that’s the rebuild we’re going for.

But we did make a gf under his watch and had possibly one of the better coaching groups on that run.
Clearly at some point he has been muzzled with respect to the footy side of the business.
You cant cant claim the success and make excuses for the failings, I think that's what people are suggesting.

We made some bold list management decisions at the end of last season, we will target the first round of the draft in the next couple of years, and then invest in fast-tracking the development of those young men, along with the talented players already at the Club.

What BOLD list management decisions did we make?

Giving away quality players like Keath and Greenwood, or giving away players on excessive contracts like Jenkins and Betts, while still paying them?

Both list management decisions would be aggressively traded for quality - like Port did with Rozee.

Fagan is completely full of s**t.

This is a red herring the club has started to throw out in their communications with us and in the media to justify themselves.

But we made a GF in 2017.

We had our pants pulled down in the GF, we are currently the worst club in recent history.

I can not believe he has said we’re still in the final year of a 5-year strategic plan.

It was clear by the end of 2018 season, having lost Cameron after 2017 and McGovern after 2018, combined with decreasing output from Walker, Jenkins and Betts, that our forward line was in need of major tinkering, having been the strength of our projection to the top of the table over 16/17.

Enter the greatest draft in living memory and 3 absolute gun South Australians at the end of 2018. And we fudged it.

The 5-year strategic plan should’ve been re-written by August 2018 and we should be on the up again by now.

Under Chapman - we had been too slow in moving on Craig, then Trigg and now we’ve spent another 3 years treading water waiting for Fagan to finish his 5-year plan. FFS.

I can not believe he has said we’re still in the final year of a 5-year strategic plan.

It was clear by the end of 2018 season, having lost Cameron after 2017 and McGovern after 2018, combined with decreasing output from Walker, Jenkins and Betts, that our forward line was in need of major tinkering, having been the strength of our projection to the top of the table over 16/17.

Enter the greatest draft in living memory and 3 absolute gun South Australians at the end of 2018. And we fudged it.

The 5-year strategic plan should’ve been re-written by August 2018 and we should be on the up again by now.

Under Chapman - we had been too slow in moving on Craig, then Trigg and now we’ve spent another 3 years treading water waiting for Fagan to finish his 5-year plan. FFS.
It's only taken Fagan 5 years planning to achieve a wooden spoon... but for Chappy it's been a lifetime....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back