Another week, another record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Another week, another record.

Originally posted by topjars
I see the Pork held onto thier record too last night.....cant beat the Bombers with Fletcher in the side

Thatll hurt with possible losses in the next 3 games:p

Not confident enough to make it next 4 games?

Originally posted by beartoo
I thought this was the Adelaide thread? How about you Power people move back to your own. Or are you the only ones that can read?

It is an Adelaide thread and then you guys started talking about us, can't help it if all you want to do is talk about our team. ;)

Originally posted by SpringChoke
Remember, September is just around the corner. The pressure will be even more intense this year as the question will be asked "did the chokers sign Williams too early"??

Any reason why you needed to create a new log in name to state you point, grow some balls!

I don't think we signed Mark Williams too early, he is a good coach, a better question is did Adelaide sign Neil Craig (behind the scenes) too early?

Adelaide now just look embarrassed to state the obvious. :eek:

Originally posted by Scott
Any reason why you needed to create a new log in name to state you point, grow some balls!

I don't think we signed Mark Williams too early, he is a good coach, a better question is did Adelaide sign Neil Craig (behind the scenes) too early?

Adelaide now just look embarrassed to state the obvious. :eek:

do u know for sure that Craig has been signed???

Believe everything u read in the paper and hear on the radio do you??? :eek:

dont dribble ***** unless u can back it up! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bresh
Made two prelims without Primus and Francou, no worries.
The problem is you didn't go on with it, like we did when we were missing the likes of Modra & Ricciuto when we won our cups.

Originally posted by Tyson20
do u know for sure that Craig has been signed???

Believe everything u read in the paper and hear on the radio do you??? :eek:

dont dribble ***** unless u can back it up! :rolleyes:

Its purely speculative, however I won't be the first or the last person to think on these boards that Craig has been signed sealed and delivered.

Remember we are talking about a club who stated that Ayres would be the coach until the end of 2004 even right up until the day before his sacking.

So when Triggy comes out and states that its not a done deal he just expects everyone to believe him?

Adelaide don't appear to be moving fast enough considering that a couple of other sides are in the market for a coach as well.

Its just the vibe.

Originally posted by Macca19
Our squad isnt in a bad state.

Agreed. Still top-four despite an injury list that would've made us shut down West Lakes.

As I said on the Port board, the Power went into that game without Wangas, Wilson, Hardwick, Francou, Primus; Chad Cornes got smashed in the first quarter and wasn't the same, Pickett injured his knee early and didn't come back, Brogan went off with ribs, while Dewy hobbled around on one leg for the duration - all this away from home against a side 110% on its game - yet Port managed to come back to almost within a kick (if not for Junior Burger hitting the post), before the score blew out late on.

Yet a gaggle of Matthew's siblings (all named Mongol Lloyd) are wheeling out the usual comments about Port's squad and are liberally using the c-word?!

Bizarre.

Originally posted by Scott

Remember we are talking about a club who stated that Ayres would be the coach until the end of 2004 even right up until the day before his sacking.

and he was going to be the coach until the end of 2004 until HE DECIDED TO QUIT

Originally posted by Amac
and he was going to be the coach until the end of 2004 until HE DECIDED TO QUIT

Yes. Because the board told him they wouldn't renew his contract mid-year. Any man with half a scrap of dignity would've resigned immediately - like Schwab and Spud should have.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
The problem is you didn't go on with it, like we did when we were missing the likes of Modra & Ricciuto when we won our cups.

Absolutely, but I never said that I expected our future line-up to be premiership material, however we'll certainly be in the top 8 in some form for the next 5-6 years all things remaining equal. Something the likes of Kirky have not addressed in this thread.

Originally posted by noddy
A little surprised that you have started a troll thread PAfolwr,

oh well live a little learn a little.

Might have been a crap game to watch but i bet those guys out there (especially the young ones) would have gained a lot more out of that win than by the display we put on such as the win against the Demons a couple of weeks back.
Actually it wasn't meant to be a troll, but a continuation of another thread prior to this game where someone (Macca23?) pointed out all the records that were being broken.
Not my fault you have a few sensitive posters that changed the "tone" of the thread early on.

Wish it was a deliberate troll, as it ended up getting quite a number of replies. You can usually tell with my troll attempts by the lack of replies I get. :D

And (for the others) our squad is VG atm. Good blend of youth and experience.
The best bit about it is that unlike what happened with the Crows we have players that so far seem more than capable in all age groups with varying levels of experience. That means we should not have a repeat of your situation this year where all of a sudden you were forced to try a large number of totally inexperienced players all at once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by dyertribe
Yes. Because the board told him they wouldn't renew his contract mid-year. Any man with half a scrap of dignity would've resigned immediately - like Schwab and Spud should have.

You left out the fact that Gary asked the board to make the decision earlier than originally planned! Hence why the decision came early.

Put in Garys position I too would have resigned, effective immediately, however he was the reason why he left early, not the club!

Originally posted by Tyson20
You left out the fact that Gary asked the board to make the decision earlier than originally planned! Hence why the decision came early.

Put in Garys position I too would have resigned, effective immediately, however he was the reason why he left early, not the club!
Once the decision was made public, it was better for Gary & the club that he left, rather than being a dead-man walking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back