Apple Isle Showdown: Tas Govt threatens to end Hawks, North deals if no plan for 19th side

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KGV always made more sense. A lot easier access to the brooker, which would save those travelling from the north/northwest at least an hour in transit. Far more car parking options, just the ground, probably needs more updating. Think back in the 80’s before the DEC was built, most big events were held at KGV rather than boot park, which is on the a-hole side of Hobart anyway.
Bellerive was originally chosen for cricket, and it does seem to rain less on the eastern shore - important for cricket. Denis Rogers being a Clarence man who later headed the TCA and CA quite probably had something to do with it as well.

It is a rubbish location for getting to and from though. KGV would be a much better football location, more easily accessible from central Hobart and basically anywhere except the eastern shore. The showgrounds for parking, and maybe run shuttle buses from Elwick and the DEC parking.

KGV always made more sense. A lot easier access to the brooker, which would save those travelling from the north/northwest at least an hour in transit. Far more car parking options, just the ground, probably needs more updating. Think back in the 80’s before the DEC was built, most big events were held at KGV rather than boot park, which is on the a-hole side of Hobart anyway.

Yes, Dire Straits played 2 concerts at KGV in 1986. 25k the 17k at the Saturday & Sunday gigs. It was terrific. We managed to smuggle some rum in, stuffed in our socks!!

Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers also played at KGV in the mid 1980's.

200.gif

I can't believe McDonald's and KFC have been giving away lots of tickets for todays game in Hobart to and yet lots of people have been unable to get them that want them.This is a game against Geelong not GWS or Gold Coast and most of these people will most likely just throw these away.

It might be the thing that shuts Tasmanians up. If every club played here once a year that would be great. 5 down south, 4 up north and better developmental pathways.
Yes you could be right,it will be interesting to see how many turn to the Geelong game in Hobart today considering the huge amounts of freebies they are giving away.

I can't believe McDonald's and KFC have been giving away lots of tickets for todays game in Hobart to and yet lots of people have been unable to get them that want them.This is a game against Geelong not GWS or Gold Coast and most of these people will most likely just throw these away.
According to some on here we don't give out freebies, but the truth is ALL clubs do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why give out freebies to a game against Geelong,I heard of Soo many missing out.
That's beyond me as well, but that's how the AFL operates and i don't know why.
Why give out freebies when you can sell out tickets is the question that needs to be asked.
We understand whyb the AFL give out free tickets for games involving GWS and the Suns, as despite the BS they are about as popular as cancer

Richmond home game, so, no. Even if it got moved, it would probably not be to Tassie.
It looks like Hawthorn v Collingwood will be at York Park.

is this Collingwood's first regular season game in Tas? I remember seeing Saints and Collingwood many years ago in a preseason at York Park, but can't recall them playing a proper match.

is this Collingwood's first regular season game in Tas? I remember seeing Saints and Collingwood many years ago in a preseason at York Park, but can't recall them playing a proper match.
Yes it will be their first regular season game in Tasmania,will definitely be a big contrast to the game in Launceston today crowd wise.

From memory that was a practice match, not even pre-season cup. I think it would be the Pies first game for points in Tassie. Collingwood don't go to secondary grounds often.
Eddie really spat the dummy when they played North at Manuka, some time around 2000.

From memory that was a practice match, not even pre-season cup. I think it would be the Pies first game for points in Tassie. Collingwood don't go to secondary grounds often.
Eddie really spat the dummy when they played North at Manuka, some time around 2000.
They played a preseason practise match at North Hobart Oval in 2000.
Against Melbourne. A lot of 2nds players
Malthouse was coaching them so it wasn't just a 2nds knock up match.

They played a preseason practise match at North Hobart Oval in 2000.
Against Melbourne. A lot of 2nds players
Malthouse was coaching them so it wasn't just a 2nds knock up match.

We played a pre season game in Tasmania in 2015 against Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back