Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it this way Chrispiessss, I attended training and it happened within 30m of where I was standing. That's why I typed it.

Not much more than 1 punch and some push and shove as Tohill initially remonstrated/responded, then came back again as they headed toward their position 30m further away and then protested and sought protection from the umpires to draw attention to his aggressive handling by Keane.

I thought I saw you this morning. That happened fairly close to me too.

I don't read too much into the Irish stuff personally. If they have a bit of white line fever in them that's great.

Howe being quiet and De Goey continuing to be on light duties does concern me though.

I don't read too much into the Irish stuff personally. If they have a bit of white line fever in them that's great.

Howe being quiet and De Goey continuing to be on light duties does concern me though.

Throwing punches at your teammates in training is not white line fever.

setanta_260x200.jpg

If it's true he deserves a serious punishment.

Howe! Was missing completely today like Grundy. Both Jen and I missed him from our roll call! He has been pretty low key in his preparation since his shoulder surgery.
By contrast, Aish had been on a similar path of recovery from shoulder surgery and is now in full training.

Why is De Goey on light duties the entire preseason? Or have i missed something?

My two cents is the club believe that off the back of a smaller training block, because we played deep into September, it’s more important to get 20+ matches out of him in 2019 than having him participate in 10-15 match simulations in December and January. He’ll be fine 👍

From the outside looking in there’s only 3 blokes whose progression could leave them short of Rd 1 at this stage Crisp, Wells and Dunn. Crisp and Dunn don’t seem to me to be doing anything big yet and Wells given his age and history of poor conditioning at the club is always a concern for me.

Things change quickly though. Treloar was sporadically training with the main group only last week, but just the other day he spilled the beans that he will be/ has been taken in the AFLX draft so he’ll participate in that s**t...

Last edited:
Howe! Was missing completely today like Grundy. Both Jen and I missed him from our roll call! He has been pretty low key in his preparation since his shoulder surgery.
By contrast, Aish had been on a similar path of recovery from shoulder surgery and is now in full training.

Wasn't Howe there? Or someone was wearing his number then. I remember someone in the 38. Just like Pendles was wearing Grundy's #4

Didnt Tony Sheehan tweet that he was done drink driving on a hells angels bike?
D’you think that the mainstream media maybe, just maybe, might have possibly been all over that if it were even remotely close to being true?

My two cents is the club believe that off the back of a smaller training block, because we played deep into September, it’s more important to get 20+ matches out of him in 2019 than having him participate in 10-15 match simulations in December and January. He’ll be fine 👍

From the outside looking in there’s only 3 blokes whose progression could leave them short of Rd 1 at this stage Crisp, Wells and Dunn. Crisp and Dunn don’t seem to me to be doing anything big yet and Wells given his age and history of poor conditioning at the club is always a concern for me.

Things change quickly though. Treloar was sporadically training with the main group only last week, but just the other day he spilled the beans that he will be/ has been taken in the AFLX draft so he’ll participate in that s**t...

The players not participating in any match simulation at all at present are

Dunn, Scharenberg, Crisp, Broomhead, Wells, Reid, Kelly, Howe. De Goey hasn't been in anything full contact either that I have witnessed.

Interesting re Treloar. He's doing Match Sim but not the full load at this stage (even yesterday). Moving pretty well though.
DaveoTench - Expect training this week to commence on Monday about 9.30am. Wednesday is usually lighter and Friday a bit heavier. If extreme weather, they come out a bit earlier in the day than that (8.30am).

D’you think that the mainstream media maybe, just maybe, might have possibly been all over that if it were even remotely close to being true?

Exactly. Sheehan is full of it. Cannot be trusted as a reliable source.
Been tweeting bullshit rumours for a long time now. Never apologises or admits he got it wrong either

Wasn't Howe there? Or someone was wearing his number then. I remember someone in the 38. Just like Pendles was wearing Grundy's #4
No way was Howe there. As you note, Pendles in No 4. Plenty of VFL players that I couldn't easily account for and didn't reference in my write up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way was Howe there. As you note, Pendles in No 4. Plenty of VFL players that I couldn't easily account for and didn't reference in my write up.
Yeah, there was quite a few VFL players. Could have been someone else in his number. There was tons out there it was hard to track who was there and who wasn't.

The players not participating in any match simulation at all at present are

Dunn, Scharenberg, Crisp, Broomhead, Wells, Reid, Kelly, Howe. De Goey hasn't been in anything full contact either that I have witnessed.

Interesting re Treloar. He's doing Match Sim but not the full load at this stage (even yesterday). Moving pretty well though.
DaveoTench - Expect training this week to commence on Monday abouut 9.30am. Wednesday is usually lighter and Friday a bit heavier. If extreme weather, they come out a bit earlier in the day than that (8.30am).

Cheers mate I’d missed Howe it seems. With his injury upper body the conditioning should be there, but I’d add him to the list of my ?’s.

For anyone that’s wondering I don’t think the others are best 22 relevant ATM. It’s harsh on Shaz given he was best 22 when he went down, but after this one the longevity query raises its head.

Howe will be out with a shocking corkie. Probably in the same thigh as last season. They have found the problem and have corrected it but he will be out of action for several weeks and still may need a further drainage procedure.

Thanks for the info and I rescind my earlier comment. Once again congrats to the club for the fantastic comms. This’ll be in the media soon enough from here and they’ll lose control of it no doubt...

Thanks for the info and I rescind my earlier comment. Once again congrats to the club for the fantastic comms. This’ll be in the media soon enough from here and they’ll lose control of it no doubt...
Calm down bro!

Not sure why the club need to Tweet a bloke's injury status the minute they know about it.

Sure, crack the shits of they try to pretend like a hammy off the bone injury is "hamstring tightness", but they are under no obligation to us as fans to bang pots and pans about a bloke's injury.

Howe will be out with a shocking corkie. Probably in the same thigh as last season. They have found the problem and have corrected it but he will be out of action for several weeks and still may need a further drainage procedure.
Thanks for posting the information. If you don't mind me asking how did you find out about this?

Thanks for posting the information. If you don't mind me asking how did you find out about this?
Unfortunately, nothing can be kept quiet when you are having procedures, and so someone in the industry told me. Since it is a footy related injury and not a personal/private type illness, I have decided to post it. Sorry if this offends some. Since he will be off the track for a while, I figured the club will let it out soon enough anyway, hence the post.

Calm down bro!

Not sure why the club need to Tweet a bloke's injury status the minute they know about it.

Sure, crack the shits of they try to pretend like a hammy off the bone injury is "hamstring tightness", but they are under no obligation to us as fans to bang pots and pans about a bloke's injury.

Too easy bro lel. If you enjoy being a mushroom all power too ya 👍

Edit: to clarify for any other similar OTT reactions. A simple update of “Howe is out of action due to x and will return to full training in a few weeks” (ala Grundy) will be sufficient.

An eagle eyed reporter picks up on AT’s post and suddenly the headlines “Howe in doubt for round 1” and all hell breaks loose. I’d also say they’ve known about it for some time given they only take the surgical path when the rest avenue has failed.

Last edited:
Has he re-done it in training or was last year's corkie just that bad?

Has he re-done it in training or was last year's corkie just that bad?
Not 100% sure TBH. Most likely is he reinjured it and they then found the cause of the bleeding and fixed it. At least they now know why it was so bad and it has been sorted in the preseason. Should not be a problem from now on although, as I previously stated, he may need a further procedure to drain the liquified haematoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back