Society/Culture Are men being discriminated against in the workplace?

Remove this Banner Ad

Out if curiosity, which companies or industries are stipulating a 50/50 gender split?

Hopefully none now that we're past the worst of this idiocy.

5 years ago was probably the height of the equity/gender pay gap nonsense, when the Government-funded gender hysteria was in full flight and being rammed down our throats. It's tapering off now, there's no doubt.

More people are realising that equity or 'equality of outcome' benefits nobody and has never/will never succeed.

We can thank the likes of Jordan Peterson, David Leyonhjelm and Mark Latham for bringing common sense to this issue by calling out the bullshit to a wider audience.

The WGEA has achieved nothing, total waste of taxpayer's money. It only exists to virtue signal propaganda to idealistic airheads and angry women.

Out if curiosity, which companies or industries are stipulating a 50/50 gender split?

Music

IT

Mining (BHP has been talked about already in this thread)

TV

Banking

This was a 5 min Google, i'm sure there's many more.

If you are white male, and there’s anything like a wage structure (e.g. public service) you are better off in the most populous grade.

today we got presented that the Organization must reflect the general population. The population is aging. But age diversity has disappeared from the mantra (if it ever was in)

it’s always funny seeing an executive in speech get the LGBT.......etc wrong and feel the gender warriors sharpening the proverbial knives

If you are white male, and there’s anything like a wage structure (e.g. public service) you are better off in the most populous grade.

today we got presented that the Organization must reflect the general population. The population is aging. But age diversity has disappeared from the mantra (if it ever was in)

it’s always funny seeing an executive in speech get the LGBT.......etc wrong and feel the gender warriors sharpening the proverbial knives

Did they present a good reason as to why?

Did they present a good reason as to why?

Get real. apparently you cant relate to (say) disabled peoples needs unless you are yourself.

Really it comes form politicins and too many of them only engage with their own circles issues, so no wonder they think everyone is like that.

A leader needs to be able to have the intellectual capacity to apply good decision making to issues he or she knows nothing about first hand, not just operate from their bubble

One last point. Diversity professionals. they are one of the least diverse groups going round, and are henchmen for the bean counters just like HR (Humen Remains)

Music

IT

Mining (BHP has been talked about already in this thread)

TV

Banking

This was a 5 min Google, i'm sure there's many more.

Don't forget the state police.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully none now that we're past the worst of this idiocy.

5 years ago was probably the height of the equity/gender pay gap nonsense, when the Government-funded gender hysteria was in full flight and being rammed down our throats. It's tapering off now, there's no doubt.

More people are realising that equity or 'equality of outcome' benefits nobody and has never/will never succeed.

We can thank the likes of Jordan Peterson, David Leyonhjelm and Mark Latham for bringing common sense to this issue by calling out the bullshit to a wider audience.

The WGEA has achieved nothing, total waste of taxpayer's money. It only exists to virtue signal propaganda to idealistic airheads and angry women.

5 years ago they might have been talking about it more but right now is the implementation phase.

It's amazing the amount of change that is foisted on the people working on mine sites that originates from people working in an air conditioned office looking over the Swan River.

I don't think the company has one single male personal / executive assistant in their entire global organisation, HR and Inclusion and Diversity are absolutely dominated by women yet they are hellbent on having a 50 / 50 mix in every other area, professional and non-professional, skilled and unskilled.

I have no doubt that just like last year, if the company doesn't meet it's aspirational target for female recruitment then everyone's bonus will be knocked down, again.

I'm talking about the absurdity of the gender targets.

If you fill your team with women but your team is terrible at its function, are you doing a good job?

Well usually a bonus would be linked to good performance (revenue, GP etc) in the contract so I don’t think that situation could occur.

Perhaps some contracts have gender quota KPIs in them but I’d imagine the highest weighting would still be to monetary stats still (could be wrong about this)

Well usually a bonus would be linked to good performance (revenue, GP etc) in the contract so I don’t think that situation could occur.

Perhaps some contracts have gender quota KPIs in them but I’d imagine the highest weighting would still be to monetary stats still (could be wrong about this)

Bonuses are linked to KPIs. If your KPIs are heavily weighted towards gender diversity targets...

Well yeah depends on how heavily weighted it is of course. For me (Im in management) prob 70% of my performance grade relates to revenue, the other 30% is little stuff which is easy to achieve.

Which is pretty normal. I posted earlier ITT that gender diversity KPIs have been thrust downwards at BHP from the ivory tower. It's arguably worse than organic affirmative action because most of the people doing the hiring don't even care about gender diversity/equality. If a new management regime came in and punted the silly 50/50 by 2025 target most people would just throw it out with the old BHP Billiton letterheads. It's not healthy.

Herne Hill Hammer any idea how big a percentage they are in terms of bonus KPIs?

Which is pretty normal. I posted earlier ITT that gender diversity KPIs have been thrust downwards at BHP from the ivory tower. It's arguably worse than organic affirmative action because most of the people doing the hiring don't even care about gender diversity/equality. If a new management regime came in and punted the silly 50/50 by 2025 target most people would just throw it out with the old BHP Billiton letterheads. It's not healthy.

Herne Hill Hammer any idea how big a percentage they are in terms of bonus KPIs?

Last year our bonuses were marked down to 80%, part of the reasoning was failure to meet female recruitment targets.

It's one in, all in these days. No longer are bonuses worked out by site or division ie Iron Ore, Olympic Dam, Nickel West or BMA, it's the whole of Minerals Australia (I actually think it's done globally but I'd have to look into that more.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back