Are we no closer to a flag than we were ten years ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would anyone seriously suggest we are not better than when we were 10 years ago?
Probably not but that firstly doesn't mean we are closer to a flag and secondly it is a long way from the where the bar should be set. In fact whether we are better is irelevant at best and at worst it is evidence of how we don't just embrace mediocrity we seek it out.

Considering we were a basketcase 10 years ago, we haven't won a flag in the 10 year period, if we weren't any better then there would be something seriously wrong with the club. Not really sure what point the OP is trying to prove. That we are better than when we won the spoon? WOW:rolleyes:

The title says are we closer

It didnt say are we better off. I then went on to explain MY thoughts. Is that OK?

Or is this just you jumping down my throat again because you disagree with everything I say?

I hope Vinnie doesnt do that ...

He just actually accusing me of not being able to accept anyone else's opinion, nothing could be further from the truth Vinnie.

Hope your not yourself guilty of what you've accused me of Vinnie.

:)

Yep, I'm the bad guy - I'm completely unreasonable in the way I post, I have my own agenda, and I'm constantly trying to start fights.

That's why they gave the moderator job :rolleyes:

There is no denying we are better than ten years ago. Don't know whether we are better than 6 years ago though, which was when we were playing in our second Grand Final. Sonce then, apart from 07, it has been Mediocre. Patterns show that after 20 years in the job, your going o get more of the same. If Malty hasn't got a powerful unit like West Coast, he won't win another flag. He relies on A+ work from recruiters, or bad luck.

There is no denying we are better than ten years ago. Don't know whether we are better than 6 years ago though, which was when we were playing in our second Grand Final. Sonce then, apart from 07, it has been Mediocre. Patterns show that after 20 years in the job, your going o get more of the same. If Malty hasn't got a powerful unit like West Coast, he won't win another flag. He relies on A+ work from recruiters, or bad luck.
If we weren't better than10 years ago, then all the money on training resources etc etc, would have been a complete waste.

But are we closer, by definition Of course we are, we arent last on the ladder. But what is the gap between us and the top teams now compared to then? that is the real comparison.

F%&*$n oath we are closer to a flag!

Show me a side that has lost players of the following calibre, and are still playing finals.
Bucks, Licuria, Clement, Burns, Wakelin and Holland.

Six players that would have gotten a game in any of the other 15 teams in the comp. Gotta be close to 50 years experience.

Pull 5 or six of the Saints or Cats best players. Would they still be on top of the ladder undefeated? Doubt it.

We will be holding at least 1 premiership cup up within the next 3 to 4 years. And; do not discount multiple flags over the next 10 years.

YOU WAIT AND SEE!!!!!!!!!!

GO PIES!

F%&*$n oath we are closer to a flag!

Show me a side that has lost players of the following calibre, and are still playing finals.
Bucks, Licuria, Clement, Burns, Wakelin and Holland.

Six players that would have gotten a game in any of the other 15 teams in the comp. Gotta be close to 50 years experience.

Pull 5 or six of the Saints or Cats best players. Would they still be on top of the ladder undefeated? Doubt it.

We will be holding at least 1 premiership cup up within the next 3 to 4 years. And; do not discount multiple flags over the next 10 years.

YOU WAIT AND SEE!!!!!!!!!!

GO PIES!
Wow thanks for that mental magpie. Im 42 and have seen one premiership in 42 years, so multiple flags in the next 3 to 4 years will make it all the worth while waiting all these years. ill cancell all my holidays overseas and just hang out here ready for the flags to come rolling in. sorry to let you down guys but i have no faith in us getting anywere in the next 10 years. Dont get me wrong i love the black and white but we just do not have the x-factor or mojo, or a fresh coach with new ideas on how to play footy

We are a better team than 10 years ago, but we are just as far from a flag as we were then and why?

Due to a stupid game style that was OK in the early 90s if you were a state team, but is now outdated and passed by, by younger, more imaginative and creative coaches who are leaving the Malthouse style dinosaurs in their wake.

We are a better team than 10 years ago, but we are just as far from a flag as we were then and why?

Due to a stupid game style that was OK in the early 90s if you were a state team, but is now outdated and passed by, by younger, more imaginative and creative coaches who are leaving the Malthouse style dinosaurs in their wake.
It wouldnt be that hard to be better than 1999.

But with improvements in training and coaching and the facilities, an argument can be made to say all clubs would be better than 10 years ago.

But are we closer to a flag, which was the question in the title?

And you would have to say on one hand YES because we are not languishing last on the ladder. But as I have said before, if all teams have improved, you need to ask if the very top teams have improved at a greater rate, then possibly we are further away. The only way I can see to measure this is the results against the top teams in both years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back