Game Day Around the Grounds - Week 2 - 1st & 2nd Semi Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh, all makes sense now.

DVB on the Hawks, Bulldogs shat in his cornflakes.

Wasn't unhappy or mad Hawthorn lost, and Bevo is one of my favourite people in footy, i'd love The Dogs to win the flag, but i just thought they went a bit OTT about it, but then again, i'm probably bit of a killjoy. Its been a remarkable season by the Dpgs, given all their injuries, i dondearly want them to beat GWS, but i hope they don't buy into their own hype or become satisfied with what they have achieved so far, probably should have phased it better tbh.

I'd hardly call The Dogs underdogs going into last night's game

You'd think they've won the flag the way they're carrying on. So they won a semi final against an old and battered champ, big whoop, if they are serious about winning the flag, Footscray really need to not get carried away with these wins. The whole media will spend this week labelling the Dogs as 'Victoria's Darlings', I just hope the players don't buy into all the hype, just bunker down at training.

The smart thing for Bevo and the club to do is to have closed training sessions all week, except for their final one before they leave for Sydney. The players don't need excited fans distracting the players with delusions of grandeur..

They knocked Hawthorn out of the finals, something which Adelaide, Fremantle, Geelong, Port Adelaide Sydney and West Coast couldn't do over the last three finals' series. They also prevented a dreaded 4 peat. They did this without their captain. Celebrations warranted IMO.

I'm on the Crows tonight. Then let the Cats out and I won't really care who wins from there.

Yeah i'm pretty much anyone but Geelong from here. I'd be pretty happy with a Giants premiership to be honest

Crows will have to play a different style to win at the SCG tonight but I think they may just have the talent to do it.

Hope so. A Crows win tonight will make the prelims the most interesting in memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont enjoy watching footy at the SCG. Grounds too small for AFL.

You can't be serious ? This game is miles more exciting, high octane and interesting to watch than last week's snooze fest at ANZ Stadium ...

Allir Allir is a real treat to watch, reckon it's a fabulous story, a young man raised in a refugee camp, living the dream, at the highest football code standard in Australia.

One thing I have to say the AFL Commission has gotten right in the past 5 years is giving better/more pathways for international players, not just from Ireland, but also from players of an African background.

Apparently there might be some players from South Africia who might be given an opportunity in the next few years as well.

Apparently there might be some players from South Africia who might be given an opportunity in the next few years as well.

Well, Jason Johannisen was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and there have been a few others in the past.. Stephen Lawrence, Damian Cupido and co.

A Gary Rohan would be handy for us..

You can't be serious ? This game is miles more exciting, high octane and interesting to watch than last week's snooze fest at ANZ Stadium ...

Allir Allir is a real treat to watch, reckon it's a fabulous story, a young man raised in a refugee camp, living the dream, at the highest football code standard in Australia.

One thing I have to say the AFL Commission has gotten right in the past 5 years is giving better/more pathways for international players, not just from Ireland, but also from players of an African background.

Deadly serious, this game opened up in the 2nd qtr however that is not the norm. The game is usually congested and boring to watch. Also not particularly a fan of a ground which takes half a kick to get it into your fwd line.

Agree the refugee talent pool will offer some superb athletes.

All over at quarter time really. Sydney just too good to give up a five goal lead, especially on a ground which gives them a decent head start.

Sydney have been good but you have to say that the crows have stunk it up. Not a good team when things aren't played the way they like it.

Oh well, swans and Geelong should be a cracker. And I have the final episode of The Night Of to watch.

Sadly, it's been another 'Downhill Eddie' performance. He's been horrible for the Crows, but is far from alone.

A Somewhat limp end to the season coming up for Adelaide, clearly they are probably at least one or two A Grade Mids away from being a legit flag contender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back