FTA-TV Arrested Development - Season Four

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah not a good look at all. Shouldn't be downplaying that at all.

Has Tambor been proven/admitted to the harassment? Should have been written out of the show if he has.

I believe he professed his innocence however this day and age all it takes is an accusation to be guilty in the eyes of the public.

If his co star in this was in tears, I'd love to know how innocent he genuinely believes he is.

His co-star was in tears because he berated her, not sexually assaulted her.

His co-star was in tears because he berated her, not sexually assaulted her.

Did you see the David Cross "apology" where he said Jessica Walter absolutely blasted the crap out of a stand in for Portia De Rossi once... whilst there's no way the AD blokes handled themselves less than optimal there's a bit of beat up here that was no doubt grubby journalism trying to stick it up Tambor more for Transparent.

Did you see the David Cross "apology" where he said Jessica Walter absolutely blasted the crap out of a stand in for Portia De Rossi once... whilst there's no way the AD blokes handled themselves less than optimal there's a bit of beat up here that was no doubt grubby journalism trying to stick it up Tambor more for Transparent.

No doubt, read what Cross said and literally no waves made.

She should have to answer to the same questions then. No problem with that.

I don't know why it's so hard for them not to treat other people like s**t.

I think it's getting blown way out of proportion, these people have worked with each other for 15 years now, frustrations kick in and someone has a bad day.

I think it's getting blown way out of proportion, these people have worked with each other for 15 years now, frustrations kick in and someone has a bad day.
I understand what you mean, but it's pretty clear that it wasn't just Tambor having a bad day. Jessica Walters in the interview made a point that she has never seen or experienced anything even close to what he dished out to her. I understand the arguments that the other case members made in defence of Tambor, but it just wasn't necessary and seemed particularly poorly timed because the victim of that incident was sitting there with them and crying as she recalled what happened. All that being said, it's not going to change my enjoyment levels when I watch the new episodes.

I understand what you mean, but it's pretty clear that it wasn't just Tambor having a bad day. Jessica Walters in the interview made a point that she has never seen or experienced anything even close to what he dished out to her. I understand the arguments that the other case members made in defence of Tambor, but it just wasn't necessary and seemed particularly poorly timed because the victim of that incident was sitting there with them and crying as she recalled what happened. All that being said, it's not going to change my enjoyment levels when I watch the new episodes.

In 15 years of filming together two instances of this nature have come to light over the last week, Tambor to Walter's and Walter's to a stand in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 15 years of filming together two instances of this nature have come to light over the last week, Tambor to Walter's and Walter's to a stand in.
I'll have to re-read the interview (although, let's be honest, I'm not going to!), but I'm pretty sure someone talks about how these sort of incidents don't exist in isolation, but build up over time. The insinuation was that Tambor is often quite difficult to work with, which is something he seemed to admit as well. But the media pile-on isn't really about the incidents themselves, but the way that all the male colleagues jumped in to defend Tambor and diminish Walters' experience. And understandably so, in my opinion.

I'll have to re-read the interview (although, let's be honest, I'm not going to!), but I'm pretty sure someone talks about how these sort of incidents don't exist in isolation, but build up over time. The insinuation was that Tambor is often quite difficult to work with, which is something he seemed to admit as well. But the media pile-on isn't really about the incidents themselves, but the way that all the male colleagues jumped in to defend Tambor and diminish Walters' experience. And understandably so, in my opinion.

That's fair enough as well, they certainly didn't handle it well, thought David Cross spoke best on the subject.

Interesting. At first I thought it was a bit of a beat up, but hearing that audio it's pretty clear that Walters is aggrieved.
It wouldn't surprise me though that Tambor could be an obnoxious tossbag on set.

Isn't S5 out today, as in May 29 US time? So later today for us?

It's getting very good reviews, back to top form apparently.

Interesting. At first I thought it was a bit of a beat up, but hearing that audio it's pretty clear that Walters is aggrieved.
It wouldn't surprise me though that Tambor could be an obnoxious tossbag on set.

It's on Comedy Channel tomorrow from around 4pm. Torrents will be up earlier I'd assume.

At least for those without Foxtel the quality of these will be far better than what S4 was (with the improvement in Netflix rips since then).

Also am I wrong but didn't Walters only start crying in the interview when she stated she realised she'd been holding onto the incident with Tambor? It read like a sweet moment of forgiveness between friends. The real issue that came from it was Bateman/Hale/Cross trying to "explain it away" (with some clear crossed wires in an effort to distance the issues from the Transparent set with the AD set).

I can't actually find anything on Walters yelling at a stand-in by the way.

It was mentioned in the apology tweet from David Cross. Nobody knew anything about Tambor yelling at Walters until that interview last week mind.

So if I go apeshit at a colleague today it'd be fine and even stevens if they'd yelled at a casual staff member years ago?

If that's what you grabbed from that then ok.

I can't actually find anything on Walters yelling at a stand-in by the way.

By any chance did you A) follow the conversation B) Google David Cross Jessica Walters C) Find the relevant article?

Cross, who explained that he once saw Walter treat another performer on set poorly, but that her outburst did not approach the severity of Tambor’s. “There was no excuse when Jessica did it. To Jessica’s credit, she eventually apologized to the actress, and felt bad about it. Jeffrey did as well, but it was a bigger deal, there were more people in the room and it was an extremely uncomfortable moment.”

Interesting, all the reviews I've read say that it seems stale and is too similar to S1-3? Hope this isn't the case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back