Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying evolution explains itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, if everything evolves why can't life? nothing is stationary, everything is changing. Evolution is not just a theory, its also watched. New species are appearing cause of evolution, its proven and OBSERVED, i posted several links here in a different thread.

Are you saying evolution explains itself?

How old is the universe?
How old is our planet?
Did we evolve from a common ancestor of the chimpanzee?
Do we share the same DNA as an oak tree?
Start here and I'll work with you!
:)

Yes, if everything evolves why can't life? nothing is stationary, everything is changing. Evolution is not just a theory, its also watched. New species are appearing cause of evolution, its proven and OBSERVED, i posted several links here in a different thread.

We know things change but that doesn't take away the mystery. We know all about gravity but it's still a mystery. My point is that on the other end of the fundamentals you have those who think evolution is some slayer of the " magic " when it is just acknowledging that our reality is in a state of change and interaction. Nothing has been answered.

We know things change but that doesn't take away the mystery. We know all about gravity but it's still a mystery. My point is that on the other end of the fundamentals you have those who think evolution is some slayer of the " magic " when it is just acknowledging that our reality is in a state of change and interaction. Nothing has been answered.

Evolution has falsifiable conditions like all good scientific theories do. Those conditions have not been proven yet. There is too much evidence FOR evolution and little against it. You are quite right when you say there is mystery and evolutionary scientists don't deny that. People who think evolution is "magic" don't understand evolution. For goodness sake people here argue we came from monkeys. Evolution is no magic and if you are claiming evolution is magic then you dont understand natural selection or adaptation. Darwin made several assumptions in his theory and in time, all these assumptions been proven correct. Look here, here is one about origin of new species. If you are going to argue against evolution you got to do a lot more than "gaps" argument.

Anyway this is not the thread for it, there is another evolution thread where this topic is discussed

Evolution has falsifiable conditions like all good scientific theories do. Those conditions have not been proven yet. There is too much evidence FOR evolution and little against it. You are quite right when you say there is mystery and evolutionary scientists don't deny that. People who think evolution is "magic" don't understand evolution. For goodness sake people here argue we came from monkeys. Evolution is no magic and if you are claiming evolution is magic then you dont understand natural selection or adaptation. Darwin made several assumptions in his theory and in time, all these assumptions been proven correct. Look here, here is one about origin of new species. If you are going to argue against evolution you got to do a lot more than "gaps" argument.

Anyway this is not the thread for it, there is another evolution thread where this topic is discussed
As long as you're "asking a christian", this thread is a valid place to discuss evolution.

Evolution is an observation of a snippet of our journey. Me thinks

This might help,this would be happening in every religious school on the planet.
"Every one of our students came to the same conclusion that evolution isn't how it happened".
We should be examining every religious school very very closely.
Evolution is 100% fact.

Have seen that one before and it is still unbelievable. The epitome of religious indoctrination, akin to child abuse.

Bible, Koran = literary work worth being studied in an appropriate class but should never be taken as factual.

Have seen that one before and it is still unbelievable. The epitome of religious indoctrination, akin to child abuse.

Bible, Koran = literary work worth being studied in an appropriate class but should never be taken as factual.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, the anti-christian stance on evolution is long gone. Evolution is now widely accepted in the Christian world including the Pope, Anglican church etc publicly saying they accept evolution and evolutionary principles.

Islam needs reform but in many islamic sects like Sufism you will see acceptance of evolution is quite common.

You will find find that dumb fundamentalist arguing against science though, mostly from 3rd world nations who lack scientific education

Gnosticism does not argue against evolution, its those who believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible feel threatened by it.
I agree.
The problem "every" religion has with evolution is that it takes away their "special" place in the world.
As per the video I posted above,you can see that any challenge to their world view is a direct attack on their particular brand of specialness.
Having evolved from apes on the African savannah,is the greatest attack on religion and that "specialness".
Unfortunately for believers it is 100% undeniable proven fact!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, the anti-christian stance on evolution is long gone. Evolution is now widely accepted in the Christian world including the Pope, Anglican church etc publicly saying they accept evolution and evolutionary principles.

Islam needs reform but in many islamic sects like Sufism you will see acceptance of evolution is quite common.

You will find find that dumb fundamentalist arguing against science though, mostly from 3rd world nations who lack scientific education
Sorta!
Have you seen the Q&A with Pell and Dawkins?
Dawkins asks him directly if we are evolved from apes,Pells response is so uneducated and detached as he says "yes,probably,probably from Neanderthal's"
That's what we are really dealing with!
The idiocy of binary intelligence and indoctrination!

I agree.
The problem "every" religion has with evolution is that it takes away their "special" place in the world.
As per the video I posted above,you can see that any challenge to their world view is a direct attack on their particular brand of specialness.
Having evolved from apes on the African savannah,is the greatest attack on religion and that "specialness".

Resistance against science is common irrespective of religion mostly in 3rd world countries. Go to South America in a christian community and try telling them about evolution. You will be laughed at. Go go africa same result. Education is the key here, not religion. Unfortunately Islam is stuck in limbo now, where masses are kept uneducated for political reasons.

Sorta!
Have you seen the Q&A with Pell and Dawkins?
Dawkins asks him directly if we are evolved from apes,Pells response is so uneducated and detached as he says "yes,probably,probably from Neanderthal's"
That's what we are really dealing with!
The idiocy of binary intelligence and indoctrination!

Pell is an example of a fundamentalist, just like WLC and Lennox. They do not understand spirituality and bat for literal interpretation of the bible, aka symbology goes out of the window and in comes literal interpretation like jesus rising from the dead. This is what i said above, only those who believe in the literal interpretation of the bible feel threatened.

Goodness sake the significance of the miracle birth of all sons of god throughout history has a profound spiritual meaning, i am stunned how many chrisitans don't see this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

As per video ..

Pell is an example of a fundamentalist, just like WLC and Lennox. They do not understand spirituality and bat for literal interpretation of the bible, aka symbology goes out of the window and in comes literal interpretation like jesus rising from the dead. This is what i said above, only those who believe in the literal interpretation of the bible feel threatened.

Goodness sake the significance of the miracle birth of all sons of god throughout history has a profound spiritual meaning, i am stunned how many chrisitans don't see this.

You guys are useless. What a load of crap.

Quality response.

Care to address the point instead of chidlish name calling? or that's a christian thing to do?

I am citing the dawkin's/lennox debate, where he clearly believed that Jesus rose from the dead and went for a walk, watch the video yourself before commenting.

Pell is a different kettle of fish, he should be locked up.

Last edited:
You Christian lot have it easy.

Be grateful your Messiah was not a pedophile into sex with 9 year old girls.

As per video ..

You failed to answer my question.
Does it bother you that you are closely related to an oak tree?
A common snail?
A bonobo?

Quality response.

Care to address the point instead of chidlish name calling? or that's a christian thing to do?

I am citing the dawkin's/lennox debate, where he clearly believed that Jesus rose from the dead and went for a walk, watch the video yourself before commenting.

Pell is a different kettle of fish, he should be locked up.

There was no point other than you letting us now how spiritual you are because you can see symbols .

There was no point other than you letting us now how spiritual you are because you can see symbols .

So you had a go at me cause i mentioned symbolism? you don't approve i assume? as a gnostic what part of symbology do you dispute?

I am not here to preach, you have to make your own journey, find it out yourself, study Gnoticism , buddhism hinduism, judaism and join the dots. Dont believe in what i am telling you, find out yourself, but dont immerse yourself in hypocrisy and assume i am here to preach or have a moral highground, i am not. The virgin birth or the miracle birth is just one of the many symbols that has profound spiritual meaning. Why do you think all "sons of god" had virgin birth? even plato was said to have virgin birth but just a metaphor only. This has profound spiritual meaning, for a christian i assume you have some knowledge of gnosticism? The global flood for example is a symbolic event, which so many take literally, global flood is mentioned in many ancient texts that precedes Christianity/Judaism.

here is one in hinduism

The_fish_avatara_of_Vishnu.jpg

“…the [God in the form of a] fish diligently dragged the boat through the flood for many a long year and then… it towed the vessel towards the highest peak of the Himavat. And, O Bharata, the [divine] fish then told those on the vessel to tie it to the peak of the Himavat.” - The Mahabharata, Book 3: Vana Parva: Markandeya-Samasya Parva: Section 186

The fish is a core symbol in all religions, especially Christianity. The primary symbol of early Christians was not the cross — it was a fish. Yet few know why. Jesus himself pointed out its importance when he pointed towards Jonah and the story of the great fish (the name Jonah also has the letter נ Nun, the fish, in it). One of the great miracles of Jesus is that of the loaves and the fishes, another important symbolic event. There are very deep esoteric mysteries related to the fish, mysteries completely ignored by the modern interpretations of the scriptures.

http://gnosticteachings.org/faqs/scripture/3394-what-is-the-meaning-of-noah-and-the-ark.html

So why was fish used as a symbol? or god was a fish? god was not a fish, its mythology that has profound inner meaning which you need to find out yourself. Meditation is the key to that but i am no one to tell you what you should or shouldn't do.

google is your friend, again dont believe me. This is gnosis, this IS CHRISTIANITY. I am not claiming anything, the great masters from krisnha to bhuddha to jesus they all had the same symbols.

Anyone who understands what mythology is, would agree with me.

Many things are lost in modern interpretation, for example the early gnostics used meditation but that was killed off cause that sounded too "eastern".

There are several interpretations of the texts, i have no issues with you if you are literalist but atleast do consider symbology too. I am not against christianity, i am FOR christianity, i don't know why you think i am gloating, i am not. Gnosis says all this, i don't. I am a Gnostic at the end of the day, and defintion Gnosis is knowledge gained through direct experience - which is meditation!

Last edited:

Seeing two kids from a Jewish school on Insight saying "in the end I believe what I was taught at school, the Bible's story of how God created the earth" - you know it's not just the third world.

Putting the religious in charge of educating kids about science. So sad.

It bothers me that I'm related to you

You still did not answer the question.
Are you disturbed or hurt that you share the same genetic makeup as an old oak tree,a slug,a pear,grass,turnips,dolphins,kookaburras or a gorilla?

Seeing two kids from a Jewish school on Insight saying "in the end I believe what I was taught at school, the Bible's story of how God created the earth" - you know it's not just the third world.

Putting the religious in charge of educating kids about science. So sad.
It's child abuse,plain and simple and should be treated as such!
It's time to regulate against this abuse,* freedom of religion.
Essentially they are Fritzing their children intellectually.
This is a conversation well overdue in the western world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back