Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows about this doozie then Harks.

Coming to God is merely coming back to oneself.....One's authentic self, which exists beyond the social nexus.

But we have to be honest and definitive in our determination of what God means, and that's likely to be all sorts of things to all sorts of people.

The spirituality discussion has no reason to connect to a god, although it yet may.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: cant like this post enough.

Yes. It's not bad and why we love to come back to these discussions, which shouldn't be about pulling rank above another but just to be schooled on a different way of looking at things.

That's all we really have and if it takes pushing forces to get some results...........it's worth it.

Yes. It's not bad and why we love to come back to these discussions, which shouldn't be about pulling rank above another but just to be schooled on a different way of looking at things.

That's all we really have and if it takes pushing forces to get some results...........it's worth it.

Communion, brother Harks.

Don't get all 'footy' on me now.

Shut up. I've liked enough of your posts for one night. :)
At the end of the day none of us have all the answers, if any at all, but sincere and engaging discussions are a breath of fresh air.

Many of us here are stuck to our ways, but hopefully subsequent generations will have more to work with than we have now.
It's an odd thing living in a relative limbo, where the questions you want answers to, cannot be afforded to one, so readily. One day.

What has 'Bill O'Reilly' got to do with anything?

Who or what created & gave rise to the human consciousness & imagination is still a mystery...That mystery we give the name 'God'....Like it or no.
there is serious work being undertaken,that is finally looking into early hominids and Psilocybin.
They know our brain mass doubled within a million years,how did this occur,Magic mushrooms it is thought,they know that on the African savanna,the animals that reside and did reside there in early times produced faecal matter that give rise to fungus’ that produce psilocybin.
Have you ever had psilocybin?
I have and I highly recommend it for people that are highly psychologically I tune with themselves,otherwise maybe not,it can tend to flip people out that aren’t very in tune!

there is serious work being undertaken,that is finally looking into early hominids and Psilocybin.
They know our brain mass doubled within a million years,how did this occur,Magic mushrooms it is thought,they know that on the African savanna,the animals that reside and did reside there in early times produced faecal matter that give rise to fungus’ that produce psilocybin.
I have and I highly recommend it for people that are highly psychologically I tune with themselves,otherwise maybe not,it can tend to flip people out that aren’t very in tune!
Researchers are getting back into testing this and similar substances for its therapeutic properties after a long break and slow uptake. There's been some amazing results for people with depression, facing trauma like terminal diseases and other issues.

Researchers are getting back into testing this and similar substances for its therapeutic properties after a long break and slow uptake. There's been some amazing results for people with depression, facing trauma like terminal diseases and other issues.
I think most of us have seen the effects of properties within the flower of the mariguana plant have on things like epilepsy.
If curing or aiding in medical pain relief etc is an outcome from research into this incredible little fungus I’m all for it.
If it wasn’t for campaigners like DuPont,researches like these would be decades ahead!

Yeah. It wouldn't surprise me should DMT have many answers to difficult questions.
The more I know about the substance, the more fascinated I have become over the years.

Not going to make this thread here about DMT, but if one hasn't looked into it, do yourself a favour.
Just a base-line start point: https://thethirdwave.co/dmt/

Yeah. It wouldn't surprise me should DMT have many answers to difficult questions.
The more I know about the substance, the more fascinated I have become over the years.

Not going to make this thread here about DMT, but if one hasn't looked into it, do yourself a favour.
Just a base-line start point: https://thethirdwave.co/dmt/
I think jason pm had tried it or was it another poster?
I’ll take a look at that before I vaccum and mop the floors,I love procrastinating probably more than 35!

I think jason pm had tried it or was it another poster?
I’ll take a look at that before I vaccum and mop the floors,I love procrastinating probably more than 35!

You have tried it having had Psilocybin as have I.
You and I just haven't inhaled it via a pipe and gone down the rabbit hole provided by it's seemingly unique experience that differs from Psilocybin, Ayahuasca, Mescaline etc.

Apparently DMT resides in just about all plants and animals.
What strikes me most about the DMT experience is that in can be very much in common for many individuals whereby they 'meet' and telepathically communicate with beings in another dimension. Fascinating.

Heaven mentioned here which keeps us on track :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have tried it having had Psilocybin as have I.
You and I just haven't inhaled it via a pipe and gone down the rabbit hole provided by it's seemingly unique experience that differs from Psilocybin, Ayahuasca, Mescaline etc.

Apparently DMT resides in just about all plants and animals.
What strikes me most about the DMT experience is that in can be very much in common for many individuals whereby they 'meet' and telepathically communicate with beings in another dimension. Fascinating.

Heaven mentioned here which keeps us on track :)

Apart imagining the two girls in compromising....
The neuro scientist sure likes to like a lot.
It obviously affected her dramatically,the ego realignment seems to be legit as per the studies.
Love to try some under supervision of course!

Last edited:
Apart imagining the two girls in compromising....
The neuro scientist sure likes to like a lot.
It obviously affected her dramatically,the ego realignment seems to be legit as per the studies.
Love to try some under supervision of course!

You had to go down that path...........:)

I don't know how deep you went when on Psilocybin, but my experiences were profound.
I can't imagine in being of awe of life more than I was when on them. I can't imagine a suburban front yard, being so beautiful I had to cry with joy.
I can't imagine laughing for what seemed to be hours on end and I also can't imagine being in as much fear as I was on one occasion.

I can though understand people being overwhelmed by experiences that day to day life, just doesn't make sense any more.
It's good to have a balance of understanding before entering this realm, but even then, it's not always possible as certain experiences can take you far beyond anything you could have dreamed possible.

Want to talk heaven? This stuff can get you there, but best be prepared not to enter hell. It's just not much fun.

You had to go down that path...........:)

I don't know how deep you went when on Psilocybin, but my experiences were profound.
I can't imagine in being of awe of life more than I was when on them. I can't imagine a suburban front yard, being so beautiful I had to cry with joy.
I can't imagine laughing for what seemed to be hours on end and I also can't imagine being in as much fear as I was on one occasion.

I can though understand people being overwhelmed by experiences that day to day life, just doesn't make sense any more.
It's good to have a balance of understanding before entering this realm, but even then, it's not always possible as certain experiences can take you far beyond anything you could have dreamed possible.

Want to talk heaven? This stuff can get you there, but best be prepared not to enter hell. It's just not much fun.
Sorry couldn’t help myself,it was my initial reaction.
I had shrooms maybe a dozen times,mostly contained to my 20’s.
Some experiences were just a lot of fun,kinda like lsd.
Others were deeply profound.
The only thing with a deeper connection to the universe I’ve had is the birth of my daughter,cliche I know but that’s the truth!
The connection with nature and how much of nature is connected and being transported through these connections was rather entertaining frightening and enlightening.
Check out Paul Staments,you probably know him.
The joe rogan interview is super cool,his interviews are long though,YouTube has shorter clips of specific topics which is neat.
He talks about mind blowing stuff,stuff I’m sure you’ve experienced if you done psilo!

Sorry couldn’t help myself,it was my initial reaction.
I had shrooms maybe a dozen times,mostly contained to my 20’s.
Some experiences were just a lot of fun,kinda like lsd.
Others were deeply profound.
The only thing with a deeper connection to the universe I’ve had is the birth of my daughter,cliche I know but that’s the truth!
The connection with nature and how much of nature is connected and being transported through these connections was rather entertaining frightening and enlightening.
Check out Paul Staments,you probably know him.
The joe rogan interview is super cool,his interviews are long though,YouTube has shorter clips of specific topics which is neat.
He talks about mind blowing stuff,stuff I’m sure you’ve experienced if you done psilo!

Paul Strassman? (The Spirit Molecule) and yes, I enjoyed Rogans experience on DMT also. He comes across somewhat honest.

These are much more interesting discussions that may even lead to some understanding of God like beings, than simply subscribing to one of many gods that we have been force fed upon.
There's so much we have yet to understand and there's no shame in stating as such. There is shame though in selling ones notion of God as being the ultimate source of fact. a lot of shame to be found there. We don't have to do it.

It's OK to say "I really don't have all the answers, but I'd love to explore all the ideas"
Isn't that better than to announce that ones religion is the be all and end all? Common sense says YES, but that's not always how we care to function. Sad.

Paul Strassman? (The Spirit Molecule) and yes, I enjoyed Rogans experience on DMT also. He comes across somewhat honest.

These are much more interesting discussions that may even lead to some understanding of God like beings, than simply subscribing to one of many gods that we have been force fed upon.
There's so much we have yet to understand and there's no shame in stating as such. There is shame though in selling ones notion of God as being the ultimate source of fact. a lot of shame to be found there. We don't have to do it.

It's OK to say "I really don't have all the answers, but I'd love to explore all the ideas"
Isn't that better than to announce that ones religion is the be all and end all? Common sense says YES, but that's not always how we care to function. Sad.
Nah,not Rick Strassman,Paul Staments.
I like Rogan,I enjoyed his standup too,a bit of charlie seems to work wonders for some standups.
He’s fairly well versed in an enormous array of subjects!

I’ve always been open about the possibilities of anything being possible,I guess my disdain for religion leaves me much maligned in the eyes of the believers.
I’m a skeptic basically and I don’t apologise for that and won’t!

In the words of jerry maguire “show me the money”.

Yep,the problem lies with the blind faithful and all faiths that their book is “the book” and the only word of god.
Islam is the worst,it needs reformation and quickly.
Common sense just ain’t that common.:oops:

Nah,not Rick Strassman,Paul Staments.
I like Rogan,I enjoyed his standup too,a bit of charlie seems to work wonders for some standups.
He’s fairly well versed in an enormous array of subjects!

I’ve always been open about the possibilities of anything being possible,I guess my disdain for religion leaves me much maligned in the eyes of the believers.
I’m a skeptic basically and I don’t apologise for that and won’t!

In the words of jerry maguire “show me the money”.

Yep,the problem lies with the blind faithful and all faiths that their book is “the book” and the only word of god.

Organised religion? It's hard to absorb and as I've put forward here before, I had to disassociate myself from it at an early age given time and reasoning and accept all the repercussions that were likely to come my way. It wasn't a 'cool' time to come out. Looking back at that, I'm so glad I did. I'm actually proud of my 12-13 year old self, having the balls to say what I felt and not go to church as a "done thing"

I can't tell you how many hours of lying in bed and thinking, whilst listening to the radio, it took me to make that decision.
I can only advocate to the youngest of people here: If you really see things from your own viewpoint.....trust in it. Don't easily be swayed by the populace.

I like Rogan

Me too
hqdefault.jpg

Organised religious believers, yes. You can ask any "theologian" here and he will tell you what the best religion is. That's cause he doesn't understand mythology, spirituality, gnosoticsm or anything that has to do with mysticism where the sources of religions are. Before people get a hold of mythology and either take it literally or take it as a fairy tale, the purpose of it is to convey specific symbolic meanings. Roylion is well read on the historical Jesus and will sight many Yeshus that could roughly comprise the historical Jesus. He has even gone so far as to suggest that the end is a compilation of a number of them.

Within Gnosticism, the Iliad and the Aenid are considered esoteric works. As is Dante's Divine Comedy. As is the symbology contained within works of art by da Vinci and botecelli.

And there is Gnosis within ancient religions that are now considered to be fairy tales. Thor, the Son of God, giver of Light, slayer of dragons (like St George, he slayed his egos). Thor was the symbol of the Nordic Christic principle.

The Bible is mythology that was the best means of communication for its time. They didn't have the internet. It's been doctored, misinterpreted, loses much in translation anyway and had many known works left out. It certainly does not have a mortgage on devine work, whether it be literature, music, art etc.

This is why i no longer get into any "my religion is the best" argument with anyone, understand that no "religion" has a copyright on mysticism where all religions originate. the reason for the mythological Jesus is to intertwine critical symbology into the teachings. The symbological meanings can only be comprehended within the superior levels of consciousness as explained in detail in the Kabbalah's 'Tree of Life'. The Christmas Tree you will see today is an ancient Germanic symbol for the 'Tree of Life' which appears in ALL religions in different forms (Buddha got enlightened under a Bodhi Tree, that tree is merely symbolic)

Organised religious believers, yes. You can ask any "theologian" here and he will tell you what the best religion is. That's cause he doesn't understand mythology, spirituality, gnosoticsm or anything that has to do with mysticism where the sources of religions are. Before people get a hold of mythology and either take it literally or take it as a fairy tale, the purpose of it is to convey specific symbolic meanings. Roylion is well read on the historical Jesus and will sight many Yeshus that could roughly comprise the historical Jesus. He has even gone so far as to suggest that the end is a compilation of a number of them.

Within Gnosticism, the Iliad and the Aenid are considered esoteric works. As is Dante's Divine Comedy. As is the symbology contained within works of art by da Vinci and botecelli.

And there is Gnosis within ancient religions that are now considered to be fairy tales. Thor, the Son of God, giver of Light, slayer of dragons (like St George, he slayed his egos). Thor was the symbol of the Nordic Christic principle.

The Bible is mythology that was the best means of communication for its time. They didn't have the internet. It's been doctored, misinterpreted, loses much in translation anyway and had many known works left out. It certainly does not have a mortgage on devine work, whether it be literature, music, art etc.

This is why i no longer get into any "my religion is the best" argument with anyone, understand that no "religion" has a copyright on mysticism where all religions originate. the reason for the mythological Jesus is to intertwine critical symbology into the teachings. The symbological meanings can only be comprehended within the superior levels of consciousness as explained in detail in the Kabbalah's 'Tree of Life'. The Christmas Tree you will see today is an ancient Germanic symbol for the 'Tree of Life' which appears in ALL religions in different forms (Buddha got enlightened under a Bodhi Tree, that tree is merely symbolic)

That makes for a fascinating topic and one I'm sure we'll cross swords, in future topics.
I do though feel that we're all prone to connection to things that tick the right boxes for us, at the right time. Does that make them right though?

I'm going to give myself some time to 're-set' and give myself an opportunity to engage in other angles of looking at things.
I think we can all get grounded into one way of thought and find it hard to shake, be it theists or non-theists.

We won't find any absolute answers whichever way, but the discussions can...and should...always be somewhat rewarding.

Sorry dude the life of Brian is on,I’ll get back onboard later!

That makes for a fascinating topic and one I'm sure we'll cross swords, in future topics.
I do though feel that we're all prone to connection to things that tick the right boxes for us, at the right time. Does that make them right though?

I'm going to give myself some time to 're-set' and give myself an opportunity to engage in other angles of looking at things.
I think we can all get grounded into one way of thought and find it hard to shake, be it theists or non-theists.

We won't find any absolute answers whichever way, but the discussions can...and should...always be somewhat rewarding.

The key to this is understanding consciousness, which materialism still doesn't acknowledge. Yet, science states energy can neither be created nor be destroyed, it can only change forms. So what happens to the "energy" that runs us after we die? the answers are within science if you search for it, i just cannot show you under a microscope that here is your "consciousness". The best is to be your own scientist.

God exists. God is the unlimited, unconditioned, 'aphysical' super-system and you are a co-existing, conditioned sub-system learning, and evolving, within it.

The super-system is always with you, whether you choose to see it or not. It is there. Always. It is inexplicably magnificent!

The capacity to make error is the greatest gift you could ever know.

The key to this is understanding consciousness, which materialism still doesn't acknowledge. Yet, science states energy can neither be created nor be destroyed, it can only change forms. So what happens to the "energy" that runs us after we die? the answers are within science if you search for it, i just cannot show you under a microscope that here is your "consciousness". The best is to be your own scientist.

God exists. God is the unlimited, unconditioned, 'aphysical' super-system and you are a co-existing, conditioned sub-system learning, and evolving, within it.

The super-system is always with you, whether you choose to see it or not. It is there. Always. It is inexplicably magnificent!

The capacity to make error is the greatest gift you could ever know.

I'm glad you put forward your circumstances some weeks ago and generally I wouldn't care to remember them attributed to a poster, but you're different.
Not saying you're special, but your honesty gave me a lot more to hang on to. i.e. I like listening to you. :)

I'm still not quite comfortable attributing the generic term 'God', to anything that fills gaps.
Is the term 'God' really important and does the name alone serve a purpose? Can we serve up another term for an all-encompassing entity ?

Probably had a couple of KBS's too many to make out anything further tonight, but happy to pick it up at a layer stage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back