Multiplat Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks interesting. So the gist is that you play as Adewale 15 years after the events in the game?

Yeah and the Freedom part comes from the main part so far is freeing slaves and slaving plantations.

I'm yet to be able to get Kenways Fleet to work.
Have to get your friends list under 100. I slashed it down to 98 and bam it worked.

It's basically a version of the assassins missions from the previous AC's only using boats.

Have to get your friends list under 100. I slashed it down to 98 and bam it worked.

It's basically a version of the assassins missions from the previous AC's only using boats.

How silly.

How silly.
It's not a deliberate choice, it's a bug. Not really surprising considering this is the first iteration of the game on PS4 with expanded friends lists. Just means QA didn't test with 100+, I believe there were some games on PS3 that had issues if you had 100 too.

Would think it'll be fixed by next patch, but is a definite annoyance.

Finished the story last night, last chapters just seem to fly by. Have naval contracts, legendary ships, upgrading the jack daw and some crafting to do. Not sure if i'll go for the plat yet, i'll suss out MP and if i cant enjoy it then i wont bother going back to 100% a few story missions.

Brilliant game. Hype now really high for Watch Dogs.

I sometimes forget that there's any real genuine land elements to this game and feel like it's just all open sea. The last 5-10 hours of playtime for me have basically been purely sea combat and exploration.

I'm about 30+ hours in now and have only done 44% total sync which comprises of 35% main missions, 48% side missions, 63% collectibles and 55% side activities.

Having finally been able to get into Kenway's Fleet and the companion app, I'm enjoying that, but in no way was this something that just simply HAD to be done over the net. Surely there was a simpler way to make it offline and online if you have the net or wanted it to crossover like it does.

Such an enjoyable game, the main missions are still complete s**t, the amount of tailing/eavesdropping missions are ridiculous considering how old and boring that s**t is. But otherwise, everything else is absolutely top notch!

I sometimes forget that there's any real genuine land elements to this game and feel like it's just all open sea. The last 5-10 hours of playtime for me have basically been purely sea combat and exploration.

I'm about 40+ hours in now and have only done 44% total sync which comprises of 35% main missions, 48% side missions, 63% collectibles and 55% side activities.

Having finally been able to get into Kenway's Fleet and the companion app, I'm enjoying that, but in no way was this something that just simply HAD to be done over the net. Surely there was a simpler way to make it offline and online if you have the net or wanted it to crossover like it does.

Such an enjoyable game, the main missions are still complete s**t, the amount of tailing/eavesdropping missions are ridiculous considering how old and boring that s**t is. But otherwise, everything else is absolutely top notch!

What makes it worse is when your trying to keep up and you climb up places where you don't want to go so frustrating.

Yesterday I had the worst gaming experience I've ever had with any AC games. Ended up turning it off. I failed a 'follow and kill' mission about 25 times then failed another one later on when I was right near the end, put me back to the start, * that. Keep calm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate those missions with a passion. The sooner they remove them the better. I have been rating them all 1 star.

Yesterday I had the worst gaming experience I've ever had with any AC games. Ended up turning it off. I failed a 'follow and kill' mission about 25 times then failed another one later on when I was right near the end, put me back to the start, **** that. Keep calm.

I found these pretty easy if you can get infront of them walking (some you cant...like the swamp one)

Finally found a white whale last night. Not sure how many other social events I need to get the achievement. Social chests I found earlier when I didn't have anyone on my friends list so not sure if that's an issue.
Is there a trick to the white whales? Or is it just pure arse?

Finally found a white whale last night. Not sure how many other social events I need to get the achievement. Social chests I found earlier when I didn't have anyone on my friends list so not sure if that's an issue.

Only need to find the convoy now. If you speak to a tavern keeper they will sometimes tell you a location of a convoy, which will sometimes be the one you need.

Is there a trick to the white whales? Or is it just pure arse?

As in killing it or finding it? Killing it was quite easy, its huge so its pretty hard to miss with the harpoon

As in killing it or finding it? Killing it was quite easy, its huge so its pretty hard to miss with the harpoon

Finding them. I'm about 50 hours in and have never seen one. Are they kind of like a lot of other things in that you have to find them in certain areas?

Finding them. I'm about 50 hours in and have never seen one. Are they kind of like a lot of other things in that you have to find them in certain areas?
I found mine in the South East cnr of the map. Middle of the islands and bit north of the Legendary Ship. If it's not there for you, then I'd say it's just luck.

I found mine in the South East cnr of the map. Middle of the islands and bit north of the Legendary Ship. If it's not there for you, then I'd say it's just luck.
I found one in the south east corner of the map too so seems like a good spot to find one, I had no harpoon yet though :(

I found one in the south east corner of the map too so seems like a good spot to find one, I had no harpoon yet though :(
I have level 2 harpoons and level 3 row boat and harpoon storage. Still wasn't enough to kill it, needed one more shot. Quickly went and dug up the treasure and upgraded and killed him easily.

White whale only stays around for about 7-8 hours at a time I think.

IT had been broken since fairly recently I believe. I saw one on my first day with the game, and didn't find another social item til yesterday, admitidly I was looking for them, but the amount of sailing I have done it seems odd not to have seen one by mistake. THe below info from http://www.playstationtrophies.org/ should help.

This trophy is extremely luck based, it can be one of your first trophies or you'll have to put tremendous amounts of time towards it.

There are three types of discovery: Chest, Royal Convoy and White Whale.
icon-t12.jpg
icon-c12.jpg
icon-w10.jpg

To get this trophy you must be logged in to PSN, as well as Uplay and connected to Ubisoft's servers. You can tell if you're all connected by having a white "WiFi signal" icon in the bottom left of the screen.

When you discover events, a notification pops up saying it has shared the location with friends. This is done automatically and you don't have to interact with the event, that means you don't have to kill, plunder or loot any of them.

The spawn locations are set (see map below) but the places where they respawn are apparently random. You can increase your chances of finding one by having someone on your friends list playing the game, however some people have been able to get the trophy without friends playing too. You can find people here.

Please note that the discoveries don't spawn on the same people for everyone, there are different sets running in different servers. For example, when you are checking places where other people successfully found something but there is nothing there for you. It might mean you are on a different server/set.

There's no way of knowing which server you're logged on IMO. So my best guess is:

1. Head over to the location of a social discovery.
2. If you don't find the said finding, exit single player (SP) and log-in to multi player (MP).
3. Exit MP and log-in back to SP.
4. Rinse repeat step 1, 2 and 3.

Also worth pointing out, if you find a social discovery, do not leave that server. You're more likely to find other social discoveries while logged in to that server.

map-social-events.jpg

Yeah the social event stuff was well and truly broken up until last week. I'd only needed 1 social chest for the platinum for the last 3 weeks, didn't get a single one in 60+ hours of play and 100% sync.

Seems to be working ok now but this should never have been a trophy/achievement. Its random/luck-based, mind-boggling that there's a trophy for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back