Multiplat Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant even find the damn social chest I need, so **** the platinum.
Try warping to Jiguey every now and then; there's a pretty common social chest spawn right next to the fast travel spot.

If I come across one I'll let you know.

Try warping to Jiguey every now and then; there's a pretty common social chest spawn right next to the fast travel spot.

If I come across one I'll let you know.
Thanks man.

Sorry man I don't understand this. Gaming isn't a chore, why would you play if you're bored?
I'm playing through it with a mate and I kinda owe him one for him helping me boost the online trophies for another game.

Plus I've been through so much s**t with the damn social events it'd be a waste to not get the platinum. :p

You will have to spend quite a bit of time on there mate getting resources for upgrades and finding new locations. I wasn't a fan at first but once I upgraded my ship and you could sink the tougher enemies it became a lot more fun.

Probably 1/4 through the game. It's decent, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of being on the ship for so long. Anyone know how much time I'm gonna have to spend on it? Prefer being on ground level.

Felt like half of the game was spent on the open sea. I agree, I'm not a big fan of the naval stuff and missed being in dense city areas. I hope the next AC goes back to it's roots and they make another separate pirate series for people who like that stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably 1/4 through the game. It's decent, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of being on the ship for so long. Anyone know how much time I'm gonna have to spend on it? Prefer being on ground level.

If you're not in the middle of a mission you can fast travel to any places/viewpoints you've been. That's a lifesaver later on when sailing has well worn out its welcome.

I loved sailing around listening to the "radio" more than I enjoyed the actual game.

What about the shanties mate? Have to collect then listen to the crew sing the shanties :)

Have to say I got obsessed for a while collecting the shanties. There is still one in Nassau that I can't catch that's been giving me the shits!!

What about the shanties mate? Have to collect then listen to the crew sing the shanties :)

Have to say I got obsessed for a while collecting the shanties. There is still one in Nassau that I can't catch that's been giving me the shits!!
By "radio" I meant shanties :p

Just finished this massive bugger.

Overall, the last 20 hours werent as good as the first 20 hours. I really had to push myself to finish.

While the world is beautiful and there were some epic moments, flaws really start to show through.

• Combat. Thee Batman games have done a disservice to games with combat. None come close. But this combat was far too simplistic. I'd have 10 guards around me. Counter, kill. Counter, kill.
  • Repetitive, unimaginative missions. Been a criticism since the first, hasnt gotten much better. Ill tell you what you can do with tail missions.
  • Too many things thrown into the mix. Assassins. Pirates. Mercenaries. Kenway's fleet. stealth. action. This had the feeling of throwing crap on a wall and hoping some stuck. A lot did, much didnt.
  • It tried to do lots of things, rather than a few things very well.
  • Too easy. Last few missions, I wasnt even worrying about stealth. Just running around swording everyone.
  • Bring. back. assassins. tombs.
Ive played AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, the first few hours of 3 and now 4. Im burnt out. This next one better bring something new to the table. Not even the French rev will get a purchase out of me.

Just finished this massive bugger.

Overall, the last 20 hours werent as good as the first 20 hours. I really had to push myself to finish.

While the world is beautiful and there were some epic moments, flaws really start to show through.

• Combat. Thee Batman games have done a disservice to games with combat. None come close. But this combat was far too simplistic. I'd have 10 guards around me. Counter, kill. Counter, kill.
  • Repetitive, unimaginative missions. Been a criticism since the first, hasnt gotten much better. Ill tell you what you can do with tail missions.
  • Too many things thrown into the mix. Assassins. Pirates. Mercenaries. Kenway's fleet. stealth. action. This had the feeling of throwing crap on a wall and hoping some stuck. A lot did, much didnt.
  • It tried to do lots of things, rather than a few things very well.
  • Too easy. Last few missions, I wasnt even worrying about stealth. Just running around swording everyone.
  • Bring. back. assassins. tombs.
Ive played AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, the first few hours of 3 and now 4. Im burnt out. This next one better bring something new to the table. Not even the French rev will get a purchase out of me.

Yeah its a pretty good summary. The fighting needs to be much harder and especially once you are spotted by rifle men which there should also be more of. It should be more focused on stealth with consequences of being spotted if out numbered like multiple enemies attacking at the same time to null and void the counter button. Like most open world games it really gets the Grinding of tasks feel about it, but I still think it comes after lots of gameplay. The collectables should be fewer and harder to find (not put on the world map). A much better effort then Infamous though which becomes repetitive in just a few hours

Yeah its a pretty good summary. The fighting needs to be much harder and especially once you are spotted by rifle men which there should also be more of. It should be more focused on stealth with consequences of being spotted if out numbered like multiple enemies attacking at the same time to null and void the counter button. Like most open world games it really gets the Grinding of tasks feel about it, but I still think it comes after lots of gameplay. The collectables should be fewer and harder to find (not put on the world map). A much better effort then Infamous though which becomes repetitive in just a few hours

Yeah the combat is the number one issue, needs a complete overhaul. How it can still be in the state that it is 6 games into a series is mind blowing. So stupid that you can be facing about 8 enemies and they still kinda only attack one at a time. Unless the mission requires it, really no need to be stealthy as you can just counter away and leave literally a mountain of bodies in your wake.

Kidd Viscious mentioned the batman games, I've been thinking for years how much better AC games would be with something even approaching the combat system in the Arkham series.

Picked this up a week ago and just started playing the other night. Really enjoying it so far.

I'm a big AC fan, have loved all the games, and this one so far hasn't disappointed. Loving the pirates theme, the graphics are ok, nothing special, a marginal upgrade from last gen IMO.

Overall though it's looking the goods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back