Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be getting this for sure.

I'm not sure about setting though. Doesn't really sound like an Assassin's Creed game. If you want to build a Roman Empire game with AC mechanics, I'm all for it, but don't slap the AC name on it and pass it off as part of the series. Really hope this isn't the direction they go with it.

I'll be getting this for sure.

I'm not sure about setting though. Doesn't really sound like an Assassin's Creed game. If you want to build a Roman Empire game with AC mechanics, I'm all for it, but don't slap the AC name on it and pass it off as part of the series. Really hope this isn't the direction they go with it.

Origins and now Odyssey has really rejuvenated the series though, if they continued down the old AC game style hardly anyone would be interested.

Origins and now Odyssey has really rejuvenated the series though, if they continued down the old AC game style hardly anyone would be interested.
It still needs to be an AC game though, otherwise what's the point in calling it that? I'm all for changing it up, but it still needs to retain the Assassins v Templars central plot. Which is a bit hard to do if it's set 300+ years before the Brotherhood exists.

As you say, Origins rejuvenated the series and still kept it at its core. I don't see why Odyssey needs to go so far off track.

It still needs to be an AC game though, otherwise what's the point in calling it that? I'm all for changing it up, but it still needs to retain the Assassins v Templars central plot. Which is a bit hard to do if it's set 300+ years before the Brotherhood exists.

As you say, Origins rejuvenated the series and still kept it at its core. I don't see why Odyssey needs to go so far off track.
It will though the weapon you have is first civ artifact it will have modern day s**t and probably show what the hidden blade come from.

It will though the weapon you have is first civ artifact it will have modern day s**t and probably show what the hidden blade come from.

Interesting point. At first I was like “ackthually the hidden blade first came from Egypt” but then I stumbled across this: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Blade

Then in the history it says that it was first used by Darius to kill his father Xerxes I. Who was Xerxes I? Well, for everyone who has seen 300 he was the Persian king at the Battle of Thermopylae that Leonidas, king of Sparta, was also at. In the trailer the hero has a blade of Leonidas. I don’t think this blade is the hidden blade but we’re starting to get some connections. Darius (proto Assassin?) killed Xerxes I in 465BCE and this is set in 431BCE (according to trailer) so it’s one generation later. I’m dubious because according to Origins the Brotherhood does not yet exist however the Order of the Ancients (who become the Templars) might. I’m betting that Xerxes was a member of the Order and in Greece are now running the Delian League (Athens).

/probablywayoff

Interesting point. At first I was like “ackthually the hidden blade first came from Egypt” but then I stumbled across this: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Blade

Then in the history it says that it was first used by Darius to kill his father Xerxes I. Who was Xerxes I? Well, for everyone who has seen 300 he was the Persian king at the Battle of Thermopylae that Leonidas, king of Sparta, was also at. In the trailer the hero has a blade of Leonidas. I don’t think this blade is the hidden blade but we’re starting to get some connections. Darius (proto Assassin?) killed Xerxes I in 465BCE and this is set in 431BCE (according to trailer) so it’s one generation later. I’m dubious because according to Origins the Brotherhood does not yet exist however the Order of the Ancients (who become the Templars) might. I’m betting that Xerxes was a member of the Order and in Greece are now running the Delian League (Athens).

/probablywayoff
Definitely interesting, your theory seems pretty plausible. At the very least, it and Stevi's comment alleviates my concerns that they're going too far off track. Looks like there will still be a bit there to tie it all together. :thumbsu:

/probablywayoff
love the sound of that they should give you a job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely interesting, your theory seems pretty plausible. At the very least, it and Stevi's comment alleviates my concerns that they're going too far off track. Looks like there will still be a bit there to tie it all together. :thumbsu:

They just won't be 'assassins'. Then again, we played through Origins and didn't start the Brotherhood until the end but that was called Origins and we pretty much knew what it what it would be about.

I just can't believe the loose ends left after Origins. Either that ending was rushed and not everything was considered or something important modern day is a reason to go back to this period and the third game (it's still meant to be a trilogy right?) picks up where Origins left off.

They just won't be 'assassins'. Then again, we played through Origins and didn't start the Brotherhood until the end but that was called Origins and we pretty much knew what it what it would be about.

I just can't believe the loose ends left after Origins. Either that ending was rushed and not everything was considered or something important modern day is a reason to go back to this period and the third game (it's still meant to be a trilogy right?) picks up where Origins left off.
Or at least won't be 'Assassins' (with a capital 'A'), as in intrinsically tied to the Brotherhood as we know it. The characters in this and Darius could simply be part of a less structured group of assassins who have gone toe to toe with the Order.

I hope they do come back to the post Bayek story. I also feel there's a bit more there to be told.

Or at least won't be 'Assassins' (with a capital 'A'), as in intrinsically tied to the Brotherhood as we know it. The characters in this and Darius could simply be part of a less structured group of assassins who have gone toe to toe with the Order.

I hope they do come back to the post Bayek story. I also feel there's a bit more there to be told.

I doubt Darius will feature at all, as he's from Persia and a generation earlier, and historically speaking he's not that big a deal. The king before Xerxes I was also named Darius, and according to Wikipedia there are conflicting reports whether it was Xerxes' oldest son Darius, or a member of his bodyguard that killed him. Though according to Assassin's Creed canon in the wiki it was Darius that killed him with the first hidden blade. Either way, we get a tenuous Leonidas link and we're in the ballpark of the first hidden blade.

Where Origin's story is still left hanging is something I've gone on about ad nausea as the best part about Cleopatra and the world at the time was just about to start. The quick version is after Julius Caesar is assassinated and a bit of pushing and shoving over who takes the throne, Octavian (later known as Augustus) and Mark Antony have a massive civil war and fight over Rome. Cleopatra sides with Mark Antony and Octavian corners them in Greece. During the battle of Actium the two escape back to Egypt but are finally caught when Octavian captures Alexandria. They commit suicide and the story goes that Octavian had her son Caeserion (fathered by Julius Caesar) killed. At the end of Origins Aya was suspicious of Cleopatra, and the fact that the game ended with the Ides of March I was absolutely certain that's where we'd go next. I'm at a loss why this game hasn't unless that will be next.

I doubt Darius will feature at all, as he's from Persia and a generation earlier, and historically speaking he's not that big a deal. The king before Xerxes I was also named Darius, and according to Wikipedia there are conflicting reports whether it was Xerxes' oldest son Darius, or a member of his bodyguard that killed him. Though according to Assassin's Creed canon in the wiki it was Darius that killed him with the first hidden blade. Either way, we get a tenuous Leonidas link and we're in the ballpark of the first hidden blade.
Yeh, sorry, wasn't suggesting Darius would be in this, just that the wiki refers to him as an 'assassin' and that Alexios/Kassandra will probably be called the same thing.

I was absolutely certain that's where we'd go next. I'm at a loss why this game hasn't unless that will be next.
Interestingly, in one of the videos above, it says they've been working on this for 3 years. Maybe they've been developing this in tandem with Origins (Odyssey by Ubi Quebec, Origins by Ubi Montreal) and will tie the 2 together in the third? (Likely by Ubi Montreal)

Interestingly, in one of the videos above, it says they've been working on this for 3 years. Maybe they've been developing this in tandem with Origins (Odyssey by Ubi Quebec, Origins by Ubi Montreal) and will tie the 2 together in the third? (Likely by Ubi Montreal)

I might be recalling this wrong but I think I remember a video or written interview or something about the development of Origins and that they wanted it to span over Egypt, Rome and Greece but it was just far too ambitious for one game. So you're probably on to something there.

Yeh, sorry, wasn't suggesting Darius would be in this, just that the wiki refers to him as an 'assassin' and that Alexios/Kassandra will probably be called the same thing.

in that 30 min vid i posted the guy is playing next to the game designer has taken 3 years to develop. there is also love interests depending how you play

Really not sure which character I'll choose. I much preferred playing Edie to Jacob in Syndicate. I feel the set up of playing a Spartan Warrior is more suited to the guy. Egypt would have been a better location for the choice as it would have worked better for either.

Will probably go Kassandra, just for something different. And Lukas' idea of playing as her and hitting on other chicks is hard to turn down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back