Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarrant and Hunter have been so good for so long we have no idea. Those guys have bailed out a struggling midfield so many times it’s ridiculous. As great as Tarrant is my biggest disappointment is Scotty didn’t get a full season under Shaw where I assume the midfield will be accountable. As bullish as I am for next year replacing Thompson will be our biggest challenge. He was a superstar and for me our best player for a number of years.

Tarrant and Hunter have been so good for so long we have no idea. Those guys have bailed out a struggling midfield so many times it’s ridiculous. As great as Tarrant is my biggest disappointment is Scotty didn’t get a full season under Shaw where I assume the midfield will be accountable. As bullish as I am for next year replacing Thompson will be our biggest challenge. He was a superstar and for me our best player for a number of years.

Yep argree

If thommo , taz and Goldy were in their mid 20s now , I could see a sustained dominance in the next decade.

Last edited:
The challenge we face is we basically need 2 players to replace him. How many players can beat the DeGoey types and genuine key forwards?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The challenge we face is we basically need 2 players to replace him. How many players can beat the DeGoey types and genuine key forwards?

The gorillas could trouble Thommo, but otherwise I agree.

We lucked in when we snagged him at pick 37, and to think that Geelong wanted him, but chose Dawson Simpson at 34 in the belief they would land Thommo at pick 44.:tearsofjoy:

Magnificent steal by North.

We lucked in when we snagged him at pick 37, and to think that Geelong wanted him, but chose Dawson Simpson at 34 in the belief they would land Thommo at pick 44.:tearsofjoy:

Is that a fact?

I loved trading with crows.

An aging Carey for Wells. Hewitt for Petrie. Moran for Thompson.

Gibson for Hartung...

We should be on the blower to them every year offering up our 22nd best player.

They could to a degree as they can to most I guess but he did win B&F and AA as genuine FB. He wasn't hiding and having others do the grunt work.

They could to a degree as they can to most I guess but he did win B&F and AA as genuine FB. He wasn't hiding and having others do the grunt work.

The bloke was an absolute gun and the definition of a shinboner.

Make no mistake we will definitely miss Thommo.

I'm we can cover to a certain extent, but short term we have noone close to his standard of defensive ability and mongrel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a bugger that they got one back on us when they bluffed us into picking Will Walker leaving Tim Kelly to them...

Yeah Tim Kelly is gunna tear it up for the Cats this year after leading them to consecutive flags in the two years he spent on their list.

Yeah Tim Kelly is gunna tear it up for the Cats this year after leading them to consecutive flags in the two years he spent on their list.

They must hate those 15 1st rounders they got for him.

Note: I like Walker even in spite of his recent Brad adoration phase

They must hate those 15 1st rounders they got for him.

Note: I like Walker even in spite of his recent Brad adoration phase

Actually, they didn't get 15 first rounders for him, they didn't even get a top ten pick.

Every chance they got Billie Smedts, Jordan Cunico and Wylie Buzza for him.

Tell me, who would you prefer on your list this year: Will Walker or Billie Smedts, Jordan Cunico and Wylie Buzza?

You cant replace a Thommo but you can get a new dynamic that works as well as a back 6. That's the best we can hope for.

As for your specific question: How many players can beat the DeGoey types and genuine key forwards?

Apparently Wood is training down back, I'd like to see him click back there he may have the tools to play smaller and big?? Massive IF and highly unlikely but you never know:)

Actually, they didn't get 15 first rounders for him, they didn't even get a top ten pick.

Tell me, who would you prefer on your list this year: Will Walker or Billie Smedts, Jordan Cunico and Wylie Buzza?
Pretty sure Cunico and Buzza were back-end selections

We would’ve played finals if we had Kelly the last 2 years.

I also would have backed the club to keep him here. We have had fantastic retention over the years.

Irrespective of him going home or not it would have been pretty handy to have a player on the list this year who came top 6 in the Brownlow.

Wouldnt Walker vs Cooper Stephens or Sam De Koning or their 1st rnd next year be a more accurate question?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I also would have backed the club to keep him here. We have had fantastic retention over the years.

Irrespective of him going home or not it would have been pretty handy to have a player on the list this year who came top 6 in the Brownlow.
I would take tim kelly in a heartbeat over walker. I like walker too, but tim kelly is tim kelly

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If only there were some Denis Pagan saying appropriate for this post.

If his wife couldn’t settle in Sleepy Hollow I doubt they would have in Melbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back