ATP ATP Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Murray v Wawrinka final in Antwerp. Quite a coup for a 250.

Shapovalov going for his first title in Stockholm.

Popyrin > Stebe > Sugita > Krajinovic

Popyrin might develop into a good player and Krajinovic I suppose is a dangerous floater but fairly kind run that.

Compare it to the Demon the other week in China.

Millman > Murray > Coric > RBA > Mannarino

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Pretty significant win for Andy Murray, I know an ATP 250 event might seem minor given his list of accomplishments but when you consider no one was sure if he'd play again after the hip surgery I'm sure it's pretty big for him.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
The race for final spots would appear to be between Berrettini & RBA (save another player like Goffin getting some deep runs in the next 2 weeks). Matteo already into the next round in Vienna, whilst the other two in action in Basel.

Nadal also certain to be no.1 following Paris, and only needs to progress further in that tournament than Novak to clinch YE#1. Newly married Nadal hasn't played a tour match since USO (although did Laver Cup & exhos).

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Great tournament for Alex, a win in the final will likely be to much of a tough ask though.

The race for the 8th an final spot at the season end championships will go down to Paris, with the Italian favourite but he missed the chance to all but wrap it up with a tournament win in Vienna.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Federer was pretty average in Asia. He should have been beaten by Goffin, who is in terrible form himself, and should have been beaten in straights by Zverev but they both choked something shocking. Zverev was able to correct it in the third set. Demon's issue is being in Switzerland the courts are super fast to suit Fed. Best he could hope for would be some tiebreaks I'd say and get a bit of luck from there.

Demon has 4-0 H2H record against both Fritz and Opelka now. That's why I was confident he'd do well against Isner but he struggled with the step up in servebot class.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
RBA vs ADM tonight in Paris.

Khachanov yet another player whose peak achievement has been their Paris title (to date) and is set for a little tumble 12 months later (should stay top 20 though, given his runs at FO, IW & Canada). Already made an exit.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Weird to think that virtually that entire French generation are all still playing despite being early/mid 30s now, although some of the older guys like Mahut and ERV are almost exclusively doubles now. Benneteau retired last year, but a lot of the other notable guys that went professional this century are still around, often with surprisingly good rankings. I never would have imagined that Simon & Mannarino would still be making the odd top 30 incursion approaching 2020. Florent Serra also went pro in 2000 and retired 2015. Llodra retiring in 2014 felt like the end of the previous generation (Clement, Grosjean, Escude, PHM, Gicquel, etc.).

Well done to ADM on beating RBA. Goffin, Fognini and Schwartzman all lost, so their season is done as well. Monfils is the only remaining threat to Berrettini at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back