Tom Rogic

Forwards
Brad Inman
Tom Juric
Robbie Kruse
Jamie Maclaren

I kicked my own arse for the mistake.

Last edited:
Well done Stef and Goody !!! Great seeing a few more new names too. Missing a few handy players but it'll be good to see us play a quality unit.

Shame we can't get our best line up like last time we played them. Pretty big ask for someone like Inman to play against a side a week out from Euros. Oh well good experience and I'm sure Ange will get them well drilled.

I'm also loving tbat young blokes are choosing to play for Australia since Ange has been in charge.

Shows what can be done when you've got a manager who knows our youth systems.

Goalkeepers
Adam Federici
Mitch Langerak
Mathew Ryan

Defenders
Aziz Behich
Milos Degenek
Josh Risdon
Brad Smith
Alex Wilkinson
Bailey Wright

Midfielders
Craig Goodwin
Chris Ikonomidis
Jackson Irvine
Mile Jedinak
Massimo Luongo
Steven Mauk
Matt McKay
Mark Milligan
Aaron Mooy
Tom Rogic

Forwards
Brad Inman
Tom Juric
Robbie Kruse
Steve Maclaren

Hope I did that properly this time.
image.jpeg

Goalkeepers
Adam Federici
Mitch Langerak
Mathew Ryan

Defenders
Aziz Behich
Milos Degenek
Josh Risdon
Brad Smith
Alex Wilkinson
Bailey Wright

Midfielders
Craig Goodwin
Chris Ikonomidis
Jackson Irvine
Mile Jedinak
Massimo Luongo
Steven Mauk
Matt McKay
Mark Milligan
Aaron Mooy
Tom Rogic

Forwards
Brad Inman
Tom Juric
Robbie Kruse
Jamie Maclaren

I kicked my own arse for the mistake.
I thought I read in the west today that Luongo would miss due to the birth of his first child. Or was that someone else?

Was interested in this but now knowing it's the B team... won't be getting up 4.45am that's for sure.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the squad we've named and them preparing for Euros I'd expect a hammering

Vs Greece in June.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-17/socceroos-name-squad-to-face-greece/7420986

Keepers

Mark Birighitti
Adam Federici
Mathew Ryan

Defenders
Jason Geria
Alex Gersbach
Ryan McGowan
Josh Risdon
Trent Sainsbury
Brad Smith
Matthew Spiranovic
Bailey Wright

Midfielders
Chris Ikonomidis
Jackson Irvine
Mile Jedinak
Mark Milligan
Aaron Mooy
Tom Rogic

Forwards
Nathan Burns
Tim Cahill
Apostolos Giannou
Matthew Leckie
Robbie Kruse
Jamie Maclaren

Last edited:
Tell you what, the pricing for the Socceroos vs Greece game are quite outrageous. I know they think Greece can pull a crowd, but lets remember they're down here because they failed to qualify as one of 24 Euro competitors!

Given that everyone I know hates Etihad Stadium, and looking at the Ticketmaster site now, I don't think they've got a prayer of selling it out which is obviously a huge disappointment. I know I won't be going though. I'm happy to pay good money for quality sport - but 150 bucks for decent seats to watch the Socceroos play an underwhelming Greece side? Hell(as) no.

Tell you what, the pricing for the Socceroos vs Greece game are quite outrageous. I know they think Greece can pull a crowd, but lets remember they're down here because they failed to qualify as one of 24 Euro competitors!

Given that everyone I know hates Etihad Stadium, and looking at the Ticketmaster site now, I don't think they've got a prayer of selling it out which is obviously a huge disappointment. I know I won't be going though. I'm happy to pay good money for quality sport - but 150 bucks for decent seats to watch the Socceroos play an underwhelming Greece side? Hell(as) no.

This 'series' is a cynical attempt to cash-in on the Greek disapora and maybe some pre-2006 World Cup nostalgia. Everyone who doesn't get their football news from Herald Sun or Daily Telegraph knows Greece is a s**t team. Twice in four days? * you, FFA.

Last edited:

Jesus that's more than the Cat A ticket I bought for the A League GF, I know which one I'd rather be at.

Lynchy has an article in today's Age about prices being slashed for the Greece game in about 11 days - to look on the Ticketmaster website, it's obvious why!

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socc...o-boost-melbourne-crowds-20160526-gp4cpi.html

Unfortunately though, the article says the offer was made to football family members. I'm one of those and never got an email, the best I got was 10% from being a Victory member (Football Family members get 10% anyway!) Someone already asked Lynch about it on twitter, and his response (bizarrely) was to get in touch with Football Federation Victoria.

If I can get decent cat A or B seats at a reasonable price I'm happy to go - but there's no way I was ever paying over $100 for a friendly. I just wish the cheap tickets were easier to come by.

Vardy not playing, Kane to be rested, Rashford starting and Rooney on the bench. Forster will start in goal instead of Hart according to Roy at the press conference

Lynchy has an article in today's Age about prices being slashed for the Greece game in about 11 days - to look on the Ticketmaster website, it's obvious why!

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socc...o-boost-melbourne-crowds-20160526-gp4cpi.html

Unfortunately though, the article says the offer was made to football family members. I'm one of those and never got an email, the best I got was 10% from being a Victory member (Football Family members get 10% anyway!) Someone already asked Lynch about it on twitter, and his response (bizarrely) was to get in touch with Football Federation Victoria.

If I can get decent cat A or B seats at a reasonable price I'm happy to go - but there's no way I was ever paying over $100 for a friendly. I just wish the cheap tickets were easier to come by.

lol they ****ed up and now are trying to avoid a Wallabies crowd.

"The Socceroos are rarely seen in Melbourne. The state government and the major events company prefer to spend cash attracting big club sides to tournaments like the ICC – which will feature Juventus, Tottenham and Atletico Madrid in July at the MCG – rather than the national team."

That is annoying to read. Rather see the Socceroos playing for points than 'glamour' clubs doing glorified training runs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back