Australia Vs Ireland - Women's International Rules?

Remove this Banner Ad

I apologise if this topic has been done on this board.

With the world slowly starting to open up again would people be interested in watching this or is the AFLW too juvenile in its existence that we're not quite there yet?

Assuming it's gonna happen eventually.

I'd watch.

It already happened 15 or so years ago, featuring several future AFLW players, including Cora Staunton and Daisy Pearce.

There is absolutely nothing in it for the AFL. Staging an Indigenous All-Stars v Ireland women's match of Australian football is something they'd be far more interested in. But that is still at least a few years away from being feasible (if at all).

It already happened 15 or so years ago, featuring several future AFLW players, including Cora Staunton and Daisy Pearce.

There is absolutely nothing in it for the AFL. Staging an Indigenous All-Stars v Ireland women's match of Australian football is something they'd be far more interested in. But that is still at least a few years away from being feasible (if at all).
That was then and from what I was reading...they got smashed.

I still think they'd lose if they did a series anytime soon but having few seasons of AFLW under the belt I think would go a long way. The pool of talent you'd have to pick a team would be far greater now than what it was in the mid 2000s.

Plus this concept would be the first under the AFLW banner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back