Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Welcome to the Australian Cricket Premiership!

The league proportion of this competition will be a single round robin, teams will play everyone else once.
A regular win will count as a 1st innings victory and you'll receive 10 points on the ladder.
A win where you double your opponent's score will count as an Outright win, which will add 20 points on the ladder.
You'll receive a bonus point for every 5 votes you receive, and 1 bonus point for holding your opponent voteless.

After the minor round, 1st will play 4th and 2nd will play 3rd for a spot in the final. Any ties in finals will go to the team that finished higher.

Round 1

Outer East CC
sGc7inL.jpg

v
Albany CC
GbQgZMo.png

French Island CC
9W0rT1E.png

v
Uluru CC
S5rgXTC.jpg

North Adelaide CC
MumTZNM.jpg

v
Blackburn CC
Pi7EYvh.jpg

Bye round (I won't usually post the team having the bye but I didn't want JKI to miss out on a Round 1 reveal):

Southern Victoria CC
kmg0TGX.png

I'm not really a cricket fan but I can appreciate the subtle design work in this comp. I wonder, is there any historical reason that cricket kits are mostly white unlike football etc?
Here's an article which can probably answer that. It's mostly because white was just the most available and probably cheapest clothing colour at the time of it's invention and the convention of wearing cricket whites, as they are called, just stuck. I've also heard that white was used because it reflected heat better but not sure if that's an actual reason why the stuck with the colour.

Back