Australian pilots save asylum seekers from imminent death

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
https://www.news.com.au/national/au...g/news-story/3e5e7b68853c11434ccce87d404eb393

Well done to the Australian pilots, who by chance came across a sinking boat full of Sri Lankan asylum seekers and were able to coordinate a rescue operation, saving these country shoppers from imminent death.

Quite a few boats have said to have been intercepted in the last two weeks. I guess these would be asylum seekers missed the memo that Labor lost the election.

It’s important we stand strong with the current policy as ultimately it has saved more lives than we could ever imagine. I fear for the next boat of people who aren’t saved by chance and ultimately become yet another statistic of Labor’s now failed immigration policy that started the arrivals back up again in 2008.

It is not the job of the Australian government to make an extra-cruel policy of indefinite imprisonment in order to deter adults from taking a risk. Surely if you have half a brain, you would know that setting off on a leaky dinghy across the Indian Ocean is risky. If they are fleeing danger in their own country, my heart goes out to to them but risking your life on the ocean is not the right way to go about fleeing.

If adults knowingly take a risk of dying at sea, and then they die at sea, that's on them.

Last edited:
https://www.news.com.au/national/au...g/news-story/3e5e7b68853c11434ccce87d404eb393

Well done to the Australian pilots, who by chance came across a sinking boat full of Sri Lankan asylum seekers and were able to coordinate a rescue operation, saving these country shoppers from imminent death.

Quite a few boats have said to have been intercepted in the last two weeks. I guess these would be asylum seekers missed the memo that Labor lost the election.

It’s important we stand strong with the current policy as ultimately it has saved more lives than we could ever imagine. I fear for the next boat of people who aren’t saved by chance and ultimately become yet another statistic of Labor’s now failed immigration policy that started the arrivals back up again in 2008.
They supposedly sailed before the election result was in. Good step they all were sent packing, now we need a way to fine and deport within hours the ones arriving by plane.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, it’s not that they missed the memo that labor lost the election, the boats just never stopped it’s a lie fed to the stupid, naive and gullible people of the world, the same people who think they’re good with the economy as it gets weaker and weaker.

No, it’s not that they missed the memo that labor lost the election, the boats just never stopped it’s a lie fed to the stupid, naive and gullible people of the world, the same people who think they’re good with the economy as it gets weaker and weaker.

Good thing you know the truth. Its a bigger cover up than JFK and the moon landing.

The boats stopped getting here which is all that matters.

• Banned
So strange, I thought the policy to never settle asylum seekers was introduced by Rudd.

In the last 6 years & 3 leaders that the libs have had, which one introduced that policy?
It took the countless deaths at sea for the ALP to backflip and change its policy. At that point the damage was done. Asylum seekers and people smugglers saw how weak they, and legislation around immigration was and took it with a grain of salt, which is why we continue to see the odd boat today.

Is it possible to be concerned with both our national security, and the deaths at sea?
Given we brought two murders in from the US to nary a peep from the usual suspects, I'll say yes but have seen no evidence of it on BF.

Given we brought two murders in from the US to nary a peep from the usual suspects, I'll say yes but have seen no evidence of it on BF.
I’d say they weren’t the only murderers to be brought into the country given the ALP’s previous policy. I’ll take two slipping through the cracks over the many that poured through our border under Labor.

It took the countless deaths at sea for the ALP to backflip and change its policy. At that point the damage was done. Asylum seekers and people smugglers saw how weak they, and legislation around immigration was and took it with a grain of salt, which is why we continue to see the odd boat today.

hmm, so you're saying policy of over a decade ago, resolved in 2012 under Labor-- and with 6 years of Liberal government hasn't been improved and the odd boat is still the fault of the opposition party of 6 years. I see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your disgusting, trying to score points with asylum seekers.How many years do you want to lock these people up?.As if you give a crap about these people GMAB.

hmm, so you're saying policy of over a decade ago, resolved in 2012 under Labor-- and with 6 years of Liberal government hasn't been improved and the odd boat is still the fault of the opposition party of 6 years. I see.
Absolutely. These asylum seekers are sold on the false narrative that because our country back flopped all those years ago on this policy, that it will change again. It’s why there’s still people languishing on Manus too, instead of getting on with their lives and leaving like the sensible ones.

Absolutely. These asylum seekers are sold on the false narrative that because our country back flopped all those years ago on this policy, that it will change again. It’s why there’s still people languishing on Manus too, instead of getting on with their lives and leaving like the sensible ones.

So, the boats haven't been stopped as the liberals have stated, or specifically as the little trophy on the Pm's desk claims.

I don't think that is why people are languishing on Manus island, but I also dont think that any other claim will sway your mind as you are apportioning blame to the opposition government, all the while trying to claim that the Liberal govt who have been in government for 6 years hold no accountability to not only not stopping the boats, but also leaving people languish on an island.

So, the boats haven't been stopped as the liberals have stated, or specifically as the little trophy on the Pm's desk claims.

I don't think that is why people are languishing on Manus island, but I also dont think that any other claim will sway your mind as you are apportioning blame to the opposition government, all the while trying to claim that the Liberal govt who have been in government for 6 years hold no accountability to not only not stopping the boats, but also leaving people languish on an island.
Nah you’re right. Those asylum seekers that have chosen to stay on Manus because it’s such a lovely play. One of them even flew to Geneva, Switzerland to accept an award and hated it some much that he decided to fly back to Manus!

Labor’s backflipping in the past has created the false belief that our immigration laws are easily changed, and they are! You just have to look at the Medevac laws that were passed last year to see why these country shoppers continue to make the journey across the seas in the hope they strike out and are allowed in.

I’d say they weren’t the only murderers to be brought into the country given the ALP’s previous policy. I’ll take two slipping through the cracks over the many that poured through our border under Labor.
You must think Morrison and Dutton are pretty useless and soft it they’ve had 6 years and haven’t been able to fix up stuff Labor did then.

You must think Morrison and Dutton are pretty useless and soft it they’ve had 6 years and haven’t been able to fix up stuff Labor did then.
We can only control what comes through our borders. We can’t control people from getting into a boat to test our immigration policies.

What about the planes?

I mean they are arriving on planes now?

Planes dont bother you?

What of hovercraft? Would hovercraft bother you - not quite a boat but not a plane either?
of course they are a problem perhaps while KK is pretending to care about border security, she might get the ALP to agree to laws that will.enable the rapid deportation of the ones that arrive on Australian soil and get rid of the endless taxpayer funded appeals that are exploited by the welfare seekers

of course they are a problem perhaps while KK is pretending to care about border security, she might get the ALP to agree to laws that will.enable the rapid deportation of the ones that arrive on Australian soil and get rid of the endless taxpayer funded appeals that are exploited by the welfare seekers
Im guessing that first we would have to declare that we are unilaterally withdrawing from the un’s refugee rights charter which we have signed.

Im guessing that first we would have to declare that we are unilaterally withdrawing from the un’s refugee rights charter which we have signed.
Sounds good. Maybe give the UN six months to update it to close the loopholes first. Three minor changes. Any attempt by the refugee to hide their identity is grounds for unappealable deportation to stop the scammers. Any refugee who travelled through another country has forfeited their status as a refugee to stop country shopping. Any refugee who breaks the law in their host country may be subject to deportation to their host nation without appeal to.stop us being stuck with violent crims exploiting the refoulement principle.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back