Remove this Banner Ad

AllInWith27Off

Rookie
Suspended
Aug 18, 2005
Other Teams
Sharks
Here is the Brownlow as voted by me up to the start of round 21

Cousins 26 very consistent, thought he would have been more infront, but has guns taking votes from him

West 25 proven vote getter, stands out more than his teammates

Harvey 25 my tip, 51/1. team has won games, shagger only player that wud snake the 3s, stands out

Pavlich 23 he should get this high, if the umpires vote this way, stood out in freo wins with bogs

Hall 21 same as pav, should beat kirk if umps vote correctly

Goodwin 20 very consistent all year, roo may standout to umps more

Hodge 19 may not get this high, as team has been beaten too much, however may get a lot of 2s in losing teams

Dal Santo19 saints most flashy player, will stand out, had a few BOGS

Roo 18 proven vote getter, crows have been winning, could get more if umps fail to notice goodwins

N.Brown 18 im shocked at how well he had played in the first 10 games, and should lead by a lot at the half way point

Cox 16 he should stand out, cousins and judd will take many 3s, but cox has been very consistent

Power 16 brisbanes most consistent all year, and this should reflect his place

Judd 15 always damaging, and stands out. will get many BOGS

J.Brown 15 Was damgaging in half a dozen games

Kirk 14 Possibly will be higher, depending on how the umps vote on him and hall both playing well in same match

Ling 14 The Cats best vote getter, has had a reasonable year, won't get anymore than this

Johnstone14 Same as Ling, when hes good hes real good

Treadrea 14 Hasn't been as consistent as Cornes, but will get the BOGS to get this high

K.Cornes Very consistent, umpires should notice him

Akermanis13 WHo can't notice him, played some blinders and should get around this

I await the carnage from you fellow writers
p.s remember how history shows us that the BOG in the Geelong round 21 game is the Brownlow Medalist. Woey, black, aker, cousins?

Pretty good effort. Cousins gap is narrowing, he needs to poll in these last 2 games.

Will be interesting to see how Harvey goes.

• Banned
I also feel cousins would need votes in the next 2 games to win, pav cud hav snagged 1 vote last nite, it will be real high scoring IMO

• Banned
brent harvey, robert has done nothing this year, will get about 5 if my memory is correct.
who do u guys think were best last nite, 3 hasle 2 Pav 1 Dally, i havnt watched the game so just goin on best players

• Banned
got clement on 7, hes a real good player, and has been conisstent, but u havnt won many games, and backman dont get votes usually, u may be interested to know i have licca at 11.

Here are my votes after Round 21:

And so it comes down to THREE! By my reckoning, only 3 players can now win the Brownlow: Cousins, Goodwin and Hall. All leaders had a quiet week this week, however, the big mover was Brett Kirk, whom I gave 3 votes - moving him up to 18.

23 - Ben Cousins
22 - Simon Goodwin, Barry Hall
18 - Brent Harvey, Brett Kirk
17 - Matthew Pavlich
15 - Chad Fletcher, Chris Judd
14 - Luke Power, Paul Haselby, Cameron Ling
13 - Mark Ricciuto, Josh Carr, Luke Hodge
12 - Tyson Edwards, Cameron Bruce, Warren Tredrea, Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal Santo, Justin Koschitzke, Luke Ball, Brad Johnson
11 - Jonathon Brown, Nick Stevens, Joel Corey, James Bartel, Jess Sinclair, Scott West
10 - Paul Licuria, James Hird, Travis Johnstone, Kane Cornes, Chad Cornes, Fraser Gehrig, Andrew Embley

-------------------------------

In regards to your votes, there is no way I can see Scott West being on 25 votes, not when the Bulldogs have only won 10 games. And in those 10 games, he hasn't been BOG in all of them. I only have him on 11 votes, as you can see above.

Personally I think Hodge will poll far more than most people think, and Cousins not so much. I think Ricciuto and Goodwin may take votes off each other for either to have a real shot. Both have had stellar years though.
Boomer Harvey and Kane Cornes are the outsiders. K Cornes has had an excellent year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Crow! said:

And so it comes down to THREE! By my reckoning, only 3 players can now win the Brownlow: Cousins, Goodwin and Hall. All leaders had a quiet week this week, however, the big mover was Brett Kirk, whom I gave 3 votes - moving him up to 18.
Kirk was good today, but I would not be suprised for Davis to get the 3 from that game.

AllInWith27Off said:
p.s remember how history shows us that the BOG in the Geelong round 21 game is the Brownlow Medalist. Woey, black, aker, cousins?

Cant see Nathan Ablett getting up :p

didnt giv ablett a vote, cant remember but it was either s.johnson or bartel, both cant win it so its irelevant.
i had n.davis as my 3 and kirk as my 2, get on boomer 51/1 17.50 for a place

Mr Crow! said:

23 - Ben Cousins
22 - Simon Goodwin, Barry Hall
18 - Brent Harvey, Brett Kirk
17 - Matthew Pavlich
15 - Chad Fletcher, Chris Judd
14 - Luke Power, Paul Haselby, Cameron Ling
13 - Mark Ricciuto, Josh Carr, Luke Hodge
12 - Tyson Edwards, Cameron Bruce, Warren Tredrea, Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal Santo, Justin Koschitzke, Luke Ball, Brad Johnson
11 - Jonathon Brown, Nick Stevens, Joel Corey, James Bartel, Jess Sinclair, Scott West
10 - Paul Licuria, James Hird, Travis Johnstone, Kane Cornes, Chad Cornes, Fraser Gehrig, Andrew Embley

-------------------------------

In regards to your votes, there is no way I can see Scott West being on 25 votes, not when the Bulldogs have only won 10 games. And in those 10 games, he hasn't been BOG in all of them. I only have him on 11 votes, as you can see above.

what hav u got nathan g brown on, and yes west will get more than 11, he gets high teens in previous years when the bullies havnt won 10

Exactly right. Last year West polled 20 votes and the Bulldogs only won five games. He is a big chance to finish top three.

Why do people continually say, "Cousins won't win because Cox, Fletcher, Judd, etc will take votes off him." Same goes for Goodwin and Ricciuto.

The fact is, each round, there are always going to be players who might take votes off Cousins. Not necessarily just Cox, Fletcher, Judd, Embley, etc. Not only has Cousins had better years than these players, he captures the eyes of the umpires. He is very fair and has easily been the best all year. In contrast, Barry Hall and the umpires don't exactly have a close connection. Those who think the umpires will award enough votes to Hall to have a chance must be smoking on something extremely strong.

X_box_X said:
Why do people continually say, "Cousins won't win because Cox, Fletcher, Judd, etc will take votes off him." Same goes for Goodwin and Ricciuto.

The fact is, each round, there are always going to be players who might take votes off Cousins. Not necessarily just Cox, Fletcher, Judd, Embley, etc. Not only has Cousins had better years than these players, he captures the eyes of the umpires. He is very fair and has easily been the best all year. In contrast, Barry Hall and the umpires don't exactly have a close connection. Those who think the umpires will award enough votes to Hall to have a chance must be smoking on something extremely strong.

never said cousins wont win, he aint no shoe in thats all, fletcher wont take votes of him, its mainly judd and cox, but cousins will stand out, as he gets touches and kicks goals.
sydney games are the toughest to vote for, as they are even and hav no real standouts, its either hall, kirk, goodes getn the votes, hall should get 20 odd, but cud easily get around 10, if thats the case kirk should poll very well.
once again boomer is my tip

AllInWith27Off said:
never said cousins wont win, he aint no shoe in thats all, fletcher wont take votes of him, its mainly judd and cox, but cousins will stand out, as he gets touches and kicks goals.
sydney games are the toughest to vote for, as they are even and hav no real standouts, its either hall, kirk, goodes getn the votes, hall should get 20 odd, but cud easily get around 10, if thats the case kirk should poll very well.
Everyone and anyone can steal votes off Cousins. It is not just the players who you think will poll well who are the only ones who will steal votes off Cousins. If he is good enough (which he is), he will win no matter who is stealing votes off him. The Eagles captain has been best on ground so many times that it isn't funny. He wouldn't have polled votes in the past three weeks, but that won't matter, because he will have Charlie in the bag after round eighteen.

I just finished saying that Hall won't receive many votes from the umpires, so it isn't going to be just Kirk, Hall and Goodes polling votes for Sydney. Have you heard of a guy called Michael O'Loughlin?

X_box_X said:
I just finished saying that Hall won't receive many votes from the umpires, so it isn't going to be just Kirk, Hall and Goodes polling votes for Sydney. Have you heard of a guy called Michael O'Loughlin?

um yeh i hav, i gav examples of 3, those 3 wil be the most for sydney by a bit, also j.bolton will get votes, there arnt many other eagles who wil get votes from the ones mentioned, chick, braun, kerr comes to mind, but not many others,
what do u think of b.harvey's chances, shagger wil take votes, yes, not a lot of others, sinclair, simmo has been down this yr, harvey does stand out. surely u think $51 is too high for him

AllInWith27Off said:

now i dont barrack for roos, so not sure but cant see boomer getting more then 22, which wont be enough, look at this link for some of his stats

http://www.footywire.com/fw/web/ft_player_profile?pid=148

AllInWith27Off said:
it wil be interesting, 22 cud get a place, and thats 17.50/1, hes way too high for my liking

no doubt could get a place but with the brownlow, three or 4 players may finish on that number, then your 17.50 is divided by 3 or 4

but he is great value i will give you that, might get on him to poll the most for the roos, 95% sure centrebet do that bet in the week leading up to the count

Remove this Banner Ad

Back