Who will be the next club to rise up the ladder?

Which club will be next to rise up the ladder?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 59 30.4%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 44 22.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
We've seen Collingwood in 2022 and GWS in 2023 as teams that rose up the ladder after a bottom-4 finish the previous year.

Who do you think will be next to follow these two?

Got Hawthorn for me. Young list and showed promise last season defeating the Grand Finalists at the MCG in season 2023.

Adelaide are another team to watch in '24 after being cruelly robbed of a first finals appearance in 6 years.

We've seen Collingwood in 2022 and GWS in 2023 as teams that rose up the ladder after a bottom-4 finish the previous year.

Who do you think will be next to follow these two?

Got Hawthorn for me. Young list and showed promise last season defeating the Grand Finalists at the MCG in season 2023.

Adelaide are another team to watch in '24 after being cruelly robbed of a first finals appearance in 6 years.
That's not like for like since both the Pies and GWS have mature teams and had played in a GF within the last 4 seasons. They were both wildly underperforming.

Richmond would be the most similar situation if they made top 4.

That's not like for like since both the Pies and GWS have mature teams and had played in a GF within the last 4 seasons. They were both wildly underperforming.
Not according to the experts and those in social media.

We were done and the window had shut. Our stars just weren’t good.
It was supposed to be a rebuild year.

Our players we had brought in were either broken like Hogan or no good like Snooze.

Our players we had brought in were either broken like Hogan or no good like Snooze.
Well if you get all your information from potatoes in the media or at the pub you're going to get some bad takes.

Cameron was ordinary and a change to someone half decent (at least) made that obvious straight away.

Richmond would be the most similar situation if they made top 4.
That might be true except gws have a young inexperienced team ….

No you don't. You had 10 100+ in your PF side and only 6 under 50 games. Over 26 years and 100 games on average.

That's mature. It's not ancient like the Cats or Pies, but it's a fair way off young.
Ave age and games is not far off freo

First of all, that's completely irrelevant.

Secondly, its completely incorrect. In our last game of 2023 we were 24y 3m, 71 games, 6 over 100 games and 9 under 50.

You are considerably more experienced and older than us.
Last game means nothing … you got to look at the team for next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it helps, I always thought you guys would bounce back.

Well if you get all your information from potatoes in the media or at the pub you're going to get some bad takes.

Cameron was ordinary and a change to someone half decent (at least) made that obvious straight away.
I was using them for general thought. Because everyone did think we were in a rebuild and plummeting down the ladder.

Ok, so I shall, from now on, only take my information for you.

GWS and Adelaide next year, before an era of Coast v Coast dominance from GC and WC

Not sure about how we (Freo) will go next season - but one thing I am certain of is that we will finish above the Hawks. So many folks are predicting them to rise but last season we comfortably beat them home and away by over 100 points across the two games.

Bearing in mind our experience and age profile was almost comparable I didn’t see a thing to suggest they are ready to pull themselves out of the bottom 4 - yet.

Not sure about how we (Freo) will go next season - but one thing I am certain of is that we will finish above the Hawks. So many folks are predicting them to rise but last season we comfortably beat them home and away by over 100 points across the two games.
Freo is another interesting team heading into 2024. After a subpar 2023, anything can happen

Back