Who will be the next club to rise up the ladder?

Which club will be next to rise up the ladder?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 59 30.4%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 44 22.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We've seen Collingwood in 2022 and GWS in 2023 as teams that rose up the ladder after a bottom-4 finish the previous year.

Who do you think will be next to follow these two?

Got Hawthorn for me. Young list and showed promise last season defeating the Grand Finalists at the MCG in season 2023.

Adelaide are another team to watch in '24 after being cruelly robbed of a first finals appearance in 6 years.
Good thread. And great post.

I have to agree. The Hawkers played some great footy last year and they were also stiff against the Giants, and a couple of other sides also. Got some great young talent and I like the way in which they go about it.

Completely agree on Adelaide. They'll be back with a vengeance this year and they were mighty unlucky in a number of games in 2023.

Crows will be push for top 4. I got them 6th at worst. '' Fortress Football Park '' days revisited

In before some moron suggests I don't know they now play at Adelaide Oval.

( This is Big Footy. Expect idiocy )

Hawthorn will need three or four more drafts
One of the strangest statements I’ve read on here, considering Hawthorn are the second youngest list in the comp.

Yeah, hard to go past Adelaide. Should have done better in 2023, developed an identity throughout the year which should hold up long-term and have the talent coming through to enhance it. Rachele seems like the big piece in particular that could elevate Adelaide into genuine contention.

Suns seem to be the other standout pick in the bottom 10. They've got rid of Dew, who was holding them back hard, and they're a well rounded unit talent wise. Could easily see them going the way of the Giants this year and being a dangerous team.

Dogs also seem due for a good year, otherwise it's time to move on from Beveridge.

Last edited:
Yeah, hard to go past Adelaide. Should have done better in 2023, developed an identity throughout the year which should hold up long-term and have the talent coming through to reinforce it.

Suns seem to be the other standout pick in the bottom 10. They've got rid of Dew, who was holding them back hard, and they're a well rounded unit talent wise.

Dogs also seem due for a good year.
Dogs always seem due for a good year …. Maybe need to cut Bevo loose

Dogs always seem due for a good year …. Maybe need to cut Bevo loose

I am of the opposite view with The Dogs (not Bevo) a flimsy/shaky backline (Liam Jones their only known quality and he is no spring chicken), a midfield that relies way too much on Bont and Libba and not much else.

No Bailey Smith for the year either.

Can't see The Dogs making the eight tbh.

And Bevo will depart (hopefully not in acrimonious circumstances)

Losing Dunkley (despite his flaws) has really hurt The Doggies imo

I am of the opposite view with The Dogs (not Bevo) a flimsy/shaky backline (Liam Jones their only known quality and he is no spring chicken), a midfield that relies way too much on Bont and Libba and not much else.

No Bailey Smith for the year either.

Can't see The Dogs making the eight tbh.

And Bevo will depart (hopefully not in acrimonious circumstances)

Losing Dunkley (despite his flaws) has really hurt The Doggies imo
Ah yes, but you are a renowned contrarian …. At least I think that’s how it’s spelled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, campaigner is a term of endearment in Australia. If my mates don't greet me with campaigner, dickhead or flog im worried Ive upset them. Flogs

You are not a bad flog for a Collingwood supporter yourself campaigner:)

* my life. My first time being groomed and its by a Carlton supporting bloke

You are not the only one struggling.

I've had my thread creating and react privileges taken away from me for a while..

Bah humbug

Jesus. Its like taking Austin Powers mojo. Im eagerly awaiting the Matt Owies edition of the Carlton 2024 premiers mini series

So do I, unfortunately doesn't look like any time soon ugh.

But Owies is a special type of player. I call him the Hooter. :)

Back