Who will be the next club to rise up the ladder?

Which club will be next to rise up the ladder?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 59 30.4%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 44 22.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see Adelaide doing anything other than rising to be a mid table also rans types.

Working class quality backline. Who’s the stars back there? How many genuine all-aus contenders back there?

Who are the elite midfielders?

The entire basis of crows fans assertions that the crows will rise up the ladder seems to be based upon most or all of rachele rankine and Soligo becoming consistent midfield guns next year.

West coast? Miles away from even being competitive.

North melb ? Maybe. Has years of high picks (afl gift wrapped and delivered) on the list. Some young midfielders who could really take the next step. An experienced coach parachuted in to save them.

Still, the stench of crap and failure is baked into the club.

Hawks? Don’t see it happening yet.

I think they’re building a team to rise in the future, just not yet. There’s still too much that needs to be added, too much that needs to grow and develop.

Freo? Mmm maybe. They rose up and then dropped down. Some elite young talent.

Dons ? No. List is in no mans land right now. Some young talent, some older stars.

Gold Coast? Absolutely should be rising. That should be the expectation and if they don’t the club will never take off, and the stench of failure will settle in and be hard to get rid of.

New seasoned coach, stacked with young talent. Incoming players , and a ready to go kf superstar joining luko and the returning Ben king.

Has the obligatory, 'Bombers dark horse for top 4' print article landed yet?
Waiting at the HS for a slow news day. How many days now for that elusive finals win, must be approaching 8k?

philthy05, reckon you're in for a shock when we not only beat you in the Showdowns, as we usually do, but we'll finish above you on the table at end of season.

Last edited:
Waiting at the HS for a slow news day. How many days now for that elusive finals win, must be approaching 8k?

philthy05, reckon you're in for a shock when we not only beat you in the Showdowns, as we usually do, but we'll finish above you on the table at end of season.

Showdowns have always been 50/50 battles regardless of where either side has been on the ladder

As for saying crows usually win showdowns, isn’t it split 27/27 ? Usual crows fan liberal application of the “truth” there I guess.

Ports team is primed but with a flawed coach who’s shot himself in the foot time and time again. A lot of the opportunities to shoot those feet have been removed.

Expect we will finish the year high on the ladder barring injuries to key players (rozee / butters)

The question mark is whether Hinkley can take this team to more than just a high finish that means nothing without silverware at the end of it.

Crows are realistically a 6th to 14th team, and more likely to be in the 8th to 10th logjam.

Showdowns have always been 50/50 battles regardless of where either side has been on the ladder

As for saying crows usually win showdowns, isn’t it split 27/27 ? Usual crows fan liberal application of the “truth” there I guess.

Ports team is primed but with a flawed coach who’s shot himself in the foot time and time again. A lot of the opportunities to shoot those feet have been removed.

Expect we will finish the year high on the ladder barring injuries to key players (rozee / butters)

The question mark is whether Hinkley can take this team to more than just a high finish that means nothing without silverware at the end of it.

Crows are realistically a 6th to 14th team, and more likely to be in the 8th to 10th logjam.

Have they though? They don't tend to be too different from normal games. Most of the time the stronger team in that year wins, with the occasional upset. Sometime one group becomes a bunny to another group as well for a couple of years (i.e. Early 2000's where Port owned Adelaide for a couple of years and Don Pykes run against Port).

Nah, nothing about Ports team is primed. A couple of stars, but the list drops off hard once you get past Rozee, Butters, Houston and maybe Allir Allir. It's also a team that should be considered in that 6th-14th fodder group, and probably lower end (10-12th). If you got rid of that fraud Hinkley, and put in someone decent, the building blocks are there though seeing that bottom to middle part of the lineup is built through coaching/structures.

Last edited:
freo should be better. but could easily be trapped if they don't address why they were off the pace last year
crows were robbed of finals and i love how they play. suspect they'll be top 6 quite soon.

suns....well, they have to arrive at some point with the talent on that list. but i suspect it wont be 2024.

hawks still bottom 3 for me
north and wce are still rebuilding. they'll be bottom 2

Dons. so much they need to prove. champions of the offseason -> preseason
lets see them string a consistent season together.

Has the obligatory, 'Bombers dark horse for top 4' print article landed yet?
stringer is training the house down
the captain is impressed with the level of training and commitment from the group
we've gone on a training camp

i don't know why we're bothering with the season at all. lets save everyone the effort and crown us premiers for the next 3 years.

Hawks? Don’t see it happening yet.

I think they’re building a team to rise in the future, just not yet. There’s still too much that needs to be added, too much that needs to grow and develop.
Interested to hear what you think we need to add?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why Geelong is missing from the poll
They don't want it to happen.
Easier to cover your ears and make noise than accept the possibility that they could make Finals again.

Tall Poppy Syndrome at its finest

If Cats bounce back this thread will be incredible!

They don't want it to happen.
Easier to cover your ears and make noise than accept the possibility that they could make Finals again.

Tall Poppy Syndrome at its finest

If Cats bounce back this thread will be incredible!
I don’t get this poppy thing …, I found the tallest poppies were often harvested later

Crows for sure, can’t see Hawks shooting up the ladder, their forward line is pretty average.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back