smoovy

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2007
God's country
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC AUFC
Got hammered in inside 50s last week and again this week we lost them comfortably. Under Craig if we lost inside 50s we lost the game, simple as that. This obviously means we are much more efficient going forward, but also our backs are holding up now.

Truck's confidence has picked up and Reilly and Doughty have been first rate.

Talia does the job one on one, but he needs to start offering something when we have the ball.

Talia does the job one on one, but he needs to start offering something when we have the ball.

Have to agree with this, I think he has the ability to get involved in play as demonstrated last year, but is a little apprehensive at the moment. Shaw must come in, or else Walker will hammer our slow backs.

Doughty needs to play as well as he did today on Betts and I'd back Petrenko to handle Garlett on the wing/flank.

loved the way Matty J has had to fight his way back in the team and he is a better player for it and we are a better team with his inclusion

I also loved Smith's shut down role on Stevie J which needs to get some recognition

Radar's, Smith and Matty J's form doen back enables us to push Stiffy forward which creates a difficult match up in our forward 50m

Doughty has been immense. Been solid as ever this year, he looked absolutely garbage in pre-season, guess you should never judge someone on pre-season form.

Was just about to start this thread. The backline was equally as good as our forward line today. Rutten had his best game of the season. I owe Doughty an appology for thinking he was past it and saying he should've made way for a young bloke at the start the year.
Reillly is in AA form and has become a real clutch performer. Some his marks going back into packs have been massively courageous this year and should actually be considered for mark of the year.
Talia has become a very solid shut down player and while many criticised his kicking and ability to create play, I think we just have to take him for what he is, a Fullback doing a superb effort at filling in at CHB. We have enough playmakers off halfback such as Reilly, Doughty, Jaensch and Johncock when he's playing back there.
And of course well done to Dasher and Sando for getting the best out of the boys!! :):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Edit: Also forgot about Smith's shutdown role on Stevie J!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back