Last 2 games - the rest and play list

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last 2 games of the season against North and the Puffs. Neither play more than 2 key forwards and it would be good for Worrell and Murray to be there on their own.

We have been desperate to see a few players, time for a few of our older boys to have a lighter load into pre-season.

So who should be in line for a rest:
Tex - can be replaced with Gollant
Rob - time to give Strachan a run
Smith - give Scholl a run on the wing
Keays - Taylor has been pushing
Butts - Worrell can replace him
McHenry -been battling injuries and being average, time for Newchurch
Crouch - if we are keeping him, have him run in the middle with the younger guys
Frampton - but only if they play him as sweeping defender like Dawson, not as a KPD

I don't think others have pushed their case strongly enough in Borlase, Cook (tough but true) Rachelle, Nankervis, Turner, Pedlar, Fish.

So what you are proposing is swap nearly the whole SANFL team for the AFL team for the final games? won’t happen, they will probably go in unchanged again this week. Hamill forced change but unsure who they’ll bring in for him.
I agree that they won't, you would only do that in a rebuilding season.....

So what you are proposing is swap nearly the whole SANFL team for the AFL team for the final games? won’t happen, they will probably go in unchanged again this week. Hamill forced change but unsure who they’ll bring in for him.
I agree they will likely go in without any unforced changes.

Would be nice to get a debut into a player this week (Taylor?), but I'd think we'll be hell bent on beating Port in the last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd run a two ruckman experiment. Strachan and ROB in. Tex goes out for North. Berg and Fog are the two key forwards, with Strachan and ROB resting up their occaisionally. Would like to see how well a non fatigued ROB and Strachan can put taps exactly where we want them and to the advantage of our young mids.

Taylor can come in and Newchurch.

Rest Keays and Murphy. Newchurch takes Murphy's forward pocket. Taylor takes Keays role.

See how that goes before deciding on what we run for Port the following week.

Make Taylor the sub at the bare minimum. Should fit him in though with Hamill out. Hinge to HBF.

Give him a taste for the last two games. Let him understand whats required for AFL going into preseason. Hes earned it and it wont be a charity selection.

Taylor needs to play.

Not sure why Gollant has fallen out of favour.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The form Darcy Fogarty and Shane McAdam have shown since being reselected is why, seeing they're the two pathways Gollant has into our best 22. It wasn't helped by Gollant not winning the spot outright in his first foray into the best 22, and then needing to compete with Thilthorpe for a spot when McAdam got injured for a fortnight, which is not a fight Gollant is ever winning.

McAdam is decently flakey, so I wouldn't be surprised if Gollant is back in the lineup next year. A big SANFL final series will also go a long way for Gollant to win back his spot.

Adelaide will never re-jig their structure to fit in a borderline kid (as much as I love Gollant as a prospect) unless they're forced into that situation (like how we probably are with Worrell at the moment, seeing the form he's shown), so if you're ever wondering why one can't get a game, immediately look at the current best 22 players who hold that spot. If you can't make sense of it after that, then there is probably something they need to work on holding them back.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back