Draft Profile Bailey Scott [nominated North Melbourne as club of choice]

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, clubs have pick trades in play.

The kid doesn't have to make a choice until he thinks it's the right time.
Actually, the AFL has a set date that clubs have to lodge nominations of Draft Eligible Father/Son Players and Northern & NGA Academy Players. Last year it was Tuesday 31 October, 2pm. So the kid does have a deadline. Haven't seen this years dates, but I'd guess clubs would know.

Again, you're just demonstrating you're a wind up merchant who doesn't know what he's talking about.

100% fabrication.

Debunked by Bailey himself on our board.

Journo's continue to bring his Dad into it.

Making his decision at the end of the year.

Does Bailey post personally on your board?

Wait and see I guess. I've always known Cherny to be very credible in his reporting.

Wait and see I guess. I've always known Cherny to be very credible in his reporting.

No, but Giantroo has been in contact with him for the last few years.

He asked him specifically following this podcast, this was his response:

Wait and see I guess.

A direct quote, something Cherny hasn't supplied:

I've always known Cherny to be very credible in his reporting.

I guess you'll have to change that view now.

He does have a history of trolling, but you must have missed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own, but never stuck me as the sort to openly lie either.
Bailey Scott isn't going to tell a Nth supporter he is not interested in his club. I work in hospitality up here on the GC and the word is that he was leaning towards the GC but hasn't ruled out Geelong where he has family and acquaintances.

Bailey Scott isn't going to tell a Nth supporter he is not interested in his club. I work in hospitality up here on the GC and the word is that he was leaning towards the GC but hasn't ruled out Geelong where he has family and acquaintances.
I am not sure how you can simultaneously claim that your inside info is credible but his isn't?

You can obviously believe what you want, just as I will do.

I am not sure how you can simultaneously claim that your inside info is credible but his isn't?

You can obviously believe what you want, just as I will do.
I have no idea if mine is credible but it comes from at least 4 different people who have walked in at various times. I didn't ask further questions because I was too busy. All I'm saying is Scott wouldn't directly tell a Nth supporter that he doesn't want to play for his club. I know I wouldn't if in Scott's shoes. And that rumour that he isn't interested in nth is gaining traction from a few areas now. Who knows where he'll end up. We'll find out shortly.

If I were a betting man I'd say he goes to GC. He'll play straight away and he's likely to get a pay increase sooner rather than later with all the talent leaving. He also won't need to relocate and has his immediate family and friends in the area.

I have no idea if mine is credible but it comes from at least 4 different people who have walked in at various times. I didn't ask further questions because I was too busy. All I'm saying is Scott wouldn't directly tell a Nth supporter that he doesn't want to play for his club. I know I wouldn't if in Scott's shoes. And that rumour that he isn't interested in nth is gaining traction from a few areas now. Who knows where he'll end up. We'll find out shortly.

If I were a betting man I'd say he goes to GC. He'll play straight away and he's likely to get a pay increase sooner rather than later with all the talent leaving. He also won't need to relocate and has his immediate family and friends in the area.
I always thought he'd end up at GC too, FTR.

Still heartily believe that Giantroo would just be passing on what he has heard/been told as you have. He may of course gotten false information but that isn't really on him which was my point I guess.

I always thought he'd end up at GC too, FTR.

Still heartily believe that Giantroo would just be passing on what he has heard/been told as you have. He may of course gotten false information but that isn't really on him which was my point I guess.
I think it sux that father/sons have the option of going to a team who has an academy. It wasn't what the rule was designed for.

I think it sux that father/sons have the option of going to a team who has an academy. It wasn't what the rule was designed for.
I want to feel bad for you but how many F/s premiership players has your club had?

We have a guy who's dad played 98 games for us, a few state games, was a board member (ie involved with the club over time), plus however many for Swan Districts and we can't get access to him. He is not even that good either, not like we are getting Carey for chips.

The whole priority access for whatever reason is an inconsistent and frustrating part of the game for everybody (well except maybe Sydney).

Yeah i agree. Dont mind so much if its choosing between diff FS team choices, but it doesnt sit well with me how it is.

But its the system we have at the moment and it doesnt matter too much if i dont like it.

I want to feel bad for you but how many F/s premiership players has your club had?
Every team has access to father/son players and almost every club has benefitted from it but it's not the point. I grew up watching Ablett snr, Robert Scott, Billy Brownless and the like run around in the blue and white hoops and was thrilled to get to see Ablett jnr do the same at Geelong. It's the romance of it. Every other supporter base in the country would be thrilled to see the sons of former players don their father's jumper. Now the rule is being made a mockery of because some franchise has an academy that enables players to choose a club based on location as well.

I think it's crap that young Blakey will be playing in Sydney and not for Nth or Brisbane. Same with Bailey. If he doesn't choose Geelong I'd want him to choose Nth.

Every team has access to father/son players and almost every club has benefitted from it but it's not the point. I grew up watching Ablett snr, Robert Scott, Billy Brownless and the like run around in the blue and white hoops and was thrilled to get to see Ablett jnr do the same at Geelong. It's the romance of it. Every other supporter base in the country would be thrilled to see the sons of former players don their father's jumper. Now the rule is being made a mockery of because some franchise has an academy that enables players to choose a club based on location as well.

I think it's crap that young Blakey will be playing in Sydney and not for Nth or Brisbane. Same with Bailey. If he doesn't choose Geelong I'd want him to choose Nth.
If it is about romance then how does O'Reilly not count for us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back