List Mgmt. Bassirou Faye - Possible Cat B Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

I would personally allow him to spend 2022 at the Chargers and if he nominates for the draft let someone else take him on. I think until the FD is back to full funding the resources required to bring him up to VFL standard are better invested in guys we know are more likely to make it because right now Faye is an extremely long shot. The other benefit is that his 4 years on the rookie list start when he’s 19. Ultimately I’ll back the club in if they bring him in.

The AFL needs to give these kids a chance. He’s physically gifted.

Imagine if he succeeds. He’ll bring more fans in from his community, he’ll be marketable.

We love watching Mason rip a backline a new one. If this kid becomes something in the AFL, we’ll done to him and the club for having the courage to get him.

Big Roo is an absolute gentleman and a champion of a guy. He has no footy knowledge and lacks basic skills but his physical abilities are out of this world.

his marking has improved out of site and his aggression is outstanding.

He will take some time, but he’s a free swing for the club. He has trained since he was 12 as a professional, and his body is already matured and ready for the impacts of footy.
You’ll fall in love with him.

Big Roo is an absolute gentleman and a champion of a guy. He has no footy knowledge and lacks basic skills but his physical abilities are out of this world.

He will take some time, but he’s a free swing for the club. He has trained since he was 12 as a professional, and his body is already matured and ready for the impacts of footy.

And he wears goggles!

Sounds like you've had some dealings with him.
If so, care to share?

The AFL needs to give these kids a chance. He’s physically gifted.

Imagine if he succeeds. He’ll bring more fans in from his community, he’ll be marketable.

We love watching Mason rip a backline a new one. If this kid becomes something in the AFL, we’ll done to him and the club for having the courage to get him.
No the AFL doesn’t lol, look at all the African players getting drafted upon merit. Keep investing in those blokes instead of a sideshow

Yes I have, what would you like to know? 😊
When you talk about his physical abilities, what impresses you?
Is he fast for his size, I assume his leap is pretty good?
How's his kicking and hand-balling coming along?
PS: Based on his social media he's obviously got a decent sense of humour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you talk about his physical abilities, what impresses you?
Is he fast for his size, I assume his leap is pretty good?
How's his kicking and hand-balling coming along?
PS: Based on his social media he's obviously got a decent sense of humour.
He’s a very funny guy. Has a lot of charisma and personality.
he’s extremely fast for his size. We’re talking 3-3.1 20m times and around an 11-12second 100m time.
his ability to pick up the ball at pace from ground level is great for a tall and has the athletic ability sorted.
Kicking is very robotic and has a long way to go. Handballing is so so, still needs to learn about distance and power ratios.

his hands in marking contests are good and he’s getting better figuring out his bodywork.

really hope he makes a go of it. He’s such a great guy.

he’s extremely fast for his size. We’re talking 3-3.1 20m times and around an 11-12second 100m time.
his ability to pick up the ball at pace from ground level is great for a tall and has the athletic ability sorted.
Kicking is very robotic and has a long way to go. Handballing is so so, still needs to learn about distance and power ratios.

his hands in marking contests are good and he’s getting better figuring out his bodywork.

Hopefully our new coaching panel can help speed up his development.
Thanks for sharing.

I love these left field punts…hopefully we can unearth a diamond here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back