List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Said person says he won't push any AFL agenda, that the idea he's some plant or cat's paw, to relocate us, is silly.

But that he is all about the $$$ and won't suffer fools.

This "joke" is almost as boring as the gender stuff.

Actually I really like the whole breakfast meme. It's a beautiful representation of the disconnect between reporting and reality.

On one side you have the bad boy misogynist who forces his secretary to make breakfast.

On the other you have a guy who's long term secretary makes him breakfast and he brings her lunch, and they both enjoy the arrangement.

This "joke" is almost as boring as the gender stuff.

You're obviously only referring to the "gender stuff" that runs contrary to your own group think mentality.

As for Amarfio, he IS the C.E.O, so anything of interest from now on relates to what he actually does.

Said person says he won't push any AFL agenda, that the idea he's some plant or cat's paw, to relocate us, is silly.

But that he is all about the $$$ and won't suffer fools.
Contact of mine said something similar - added he is a business genius but always considered a loose cannon with his somewhat un-pc ways at times. Certainly positive in terms of his ability. Might just be what we need.

You're obviously only referring to the "gender stuff" that runs contrary to your own group think mentality.

No I'm not actually, both sides of it are boring.

Go and do it on the non footy thread.

Contact of mine said something similar - added he is a business genius but always considered a loose cannon with his somewhat un-pc ways at times. Certainly positive in terms of his ability. Might just be what we need.

Yeah, the main thing I took from this person was their out and out dismissal of the idea that he's in any way "sent by the AFL to move us to Tassie."

........ he is a business genius but always considered a loose cannon with his somewhat un-pc ways at times............

Geniuses don't run with the pack.

That's what makes them geniuses.

As for Amarfio, he IS the C.E.O, so anything of interest from now on relates to what he actually does.

Thing is, he sounds like exactly what you want in a CEO.

Thing is, he sounds like exactly what you want in a CEO.
Im very keen on a CEO that will expand on the efforts of previous admin in enshrining our future now and forever at Arden street, that's the only thing I want to hear.
Let him worry about making money, and Brady can concern himself with winning us flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im very keen on a CEO that will expand on the efforts of previous admin in enshrining our future now and forever at Arden street, that's the only thing I want to hear.

He won't be the CEO very long if he doesn't.

I'm hoping he adds something that offers a bit more than assuaging the fears of conspiracy theorists.

He won't be the CEO very long if he doesn't.

I'm hoping he adds something that offers a bit more than assuaging the fears of conspiracy theorists.
Conspiracy or not it's a great time for the club to be expanding into the community, there's a lot of money to be made right now with all the apartments and new development in the area.
Hopefully we don't miss the boat because the right moves would have us set for another 150 years

Conspiracy or not it's a great time for the club to be expanding into the community, there's a lot of money to be made right now with all the apartments and new development in the area.
Hopefully we don't miss the boat because the right moves would have us set for another 150 years

Yep, building a metro station right out the front door is a generational opportunity.

We need to WIN mate.

Everything else is just wrapping.

Please take it to the thread I unfollowed because of this monotonous boring s**t.

BTW that's not aimed at any individual, just anyone re-running their side of this.
I haven’t looked at that thread in months because of rubbish like the above posts. There’s no middle ground, with constant circle-jerking reactions, it's tribal and it’s the same crap over and over again.

Sick of threads being constantly derailed by it.

Last edited:
"Group think 101, a trait consistent with persons of your political make up.

'So basically, it's a POINTLESS, RIDICULOUS virtue signalling exercise that echoes what has been on the statute books for decades?

Just remove it if that's the case, because it makes us look idiotic."

Thanks Pot. Any more hypocrisy?

I haven’t looked at that thread in months because of rubbish like the above posts. There’s no middle ground, with constant circle-jerking reactions, it's tribal and it’s the same crap over and over again.

Sick of threads being constantly derailed by it.

Exactly.

The 90s showed that alone doesn't guarantee anything.

We need to win on-field and stop chasing leprechauns off it.
As we all very well know, it's a different environment and set of circumstances since the 1990s. Plus, I like to think we would have learned from our mistakes and learned the lessons of Hawthorn and co have had in marshaling and sustaining their success (pokies aside). We need the right operators now to mix with greater on-field success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back