damuzzdu

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2007
Hotel California
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
I'm not too fussed tbh, i would've been pissed off if he got a week, but fact is he went for a front on bump and every so slightly touched the head, unfortunately thats the rule.

As for the goodes bump, I've learnt just to let go when it comes to inconstancies regarding the MRP.

I'm not too fussed tbh, i would've been pissed off if he got a week, but fact is he went for a front on bump and every so slightly touched the head, unfortunately thats the rule.

As for the goodes bump, I've learnt just to let go when it comes to inconstancies regarding the MRP.
He did not get off.

He got a week.

Only reduced due to early plea.

MRP waste of time imo.

Yeah i know, but what i'm saying is if he actually got suspended for one week and missed a game i would've been pissed off, but as it were I'm not overly bothered...the mrp sucks, but its' sucked for a long time and i've resigned to the fact. We could talk for hours about it, every week there's a contentious decision.

Good to see Gray get a reprimand after that idiot Ray told Davis that tripping wasn't reportable from about eight years ago.

As for BJ, i expected something, so not surprised. Wonder if we will challenge, might as well, i'd rather not have him have 93 points over his head in the finals.

the Club should contest the charge regardless, as he doesn't need 93.75 activation points hanging over his head in the Finals. he should get off if he contests, but even if he doesn't, his suspension would make room for Tooves and Harry's return, and also clear his points record.

Does anyone else remember where a Port Adelaide player had tripped over a Collingwood player in front of goal? We got the free kick but was very reminiscent of Ball's trip on Kerr which he got suspended for one week.
Yep, I definitely recall that. must have been either the 2nd or 4th quarter, as we were kicking left of screen. "Consistent" MRP didn't even look at it no doubt.

Yep, I definitely recall that. must have been either the 2nd or 4th quarter, as we were kicking left of screen. "Consistent" MRP didn't even look at it no doubt.

Yeah. MRP did look at it and the the player got points.

Look liked Robbie Grey was being lined up to be crunched by Johnson and Daisy. Luckily it was only Johnson who connected, otherwise Daisy might have got at least a week to nurse that corky of his (given his recent bad record and carry over points)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. MRP did look at it and the the player got points.
Haha yeah, I checked to see if he had after I posted that and saw he did so deleted my post :p

It was the right decision by the MRP, although I think the majority of supporters are happy for that type of bump to go unpunished. Unfortunately it's all about the head and subsequent injury.

Bit of a joke, don't see a lot of difference between the Goodes bump and the Johnson one, yet Goodes gets off.

Oh well, I think the club will just accept it, I can't see him getting off, Dawes is one of the only ones to over turn a MRP finding all year.

Hahaha completely forgot about that. What a sick bump. MRP are soft, that was perfect... Awesome stuff Jonno!!

Wasn't it classified as body contact?

If so then what a load of sh!t.

Suprise surprise the AFL's love child Goodes got off another incident.Him and Judd are the two most protected players when it comes to the MRP.

Ran over the ball to take out a bloke's head who was bent down. Worth a week. Take the points.

Goodes hit Monfries front on and didn't hit the head.

There's really nothing more to it than that.

Does it matter that he ran past the ball? To my knowledge, I think you are allowed to shepherd someone off the ball as long as its within 5 metres.

Good to see Gray get a reprimand after that idiot Ray told Davis that tripping wasn't reportable from about eight years ago.

As for BJ, i expected something, so not surprised. Wonder if we will challenge, might as well, i'd rather not have him have 93 points over his head in the finals.

Far be it from me to defend Razor Ray but I think Davis was asking for a 50m penalty (even though Krak was only 10m out :)), Razor rightly pointed out that's no longer the rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back