Roast Ben Johnson - Cited for Bump on Robbie Grey - Offered Reprimand

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it matter that he ran past the ball? To my knowledge, I think you are allowed to shepherd someone off the ball as long as its within 5 metres.

I think it does these days, but then, who really knows anymore. :confused: It was a solid bump that was marginally high. Reprimand at worst.

I'm not convinced it was even high. Grey threw his head back which makes it look high.

The thing that pisses me off is that the umpire paid no free kick (the free kick that was paid just after the incident was for a throw by us) and the commentators were going on about how good of a bump it was, even after multiple replays.

Far be it from me to defend Razor Ray but I think Davis was asking for a 50m penalty (even though Krak was only 10m out :)), Razor rightly pointed out that's no longer the rule.
That's what I thought at the time and the commentators guessed incorrectly IMO.

the Club should contest the charge regardless, as he doesn't need 93.75 activation points hanging over his head in the Finals. he should get off if he contests, but even if he doesn't, his suspension would make room for Tooves and Harry's return, and also clear his points record.

He should take the reprimand and have the 93.75 points over his head. If he challengers and loses he will still have some points over his head.
If he were to get another reportable offence in the finals even with an early plea he would have carry over points which would be enough points to have him miss a game.

I want him to play this week especially if it meant that we could cause psychological problems to StKilda after we thump them on Friday night.;)

That there is very little difference in the penalties to McPhee and Johnson over the weekened says ti all, the MRP have lost the plot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back