Player Watch Ben Reid (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

30 soon and is of contract at the end of this year. Vulnerable.

If by vulnerable you mean a certainty to be delisted.. then yes. Literally has been clogging up list space for the past 6 years without performing, it's clear that his body is not capable of AFL intensity.

Must be shattering for him after getting through a big preseason to instantly break down again

Last edited:

Modern sports medicine can be quite handy, but the reliable unreliability of Ben Reid's body testifies to the fact that sports medicine cannot perform miracles. His body just doesn't seem able to withstand the demands of professional sport, and I can only imagine how incredibly frustrating that must be for him.

Skinny, injury prone body, carrying all that extra weight to play KPP. It sucks that he's hurt again but it's absolutely no surprise.

We all know what an absolute gun a fit Ben Reid is. But those days seem to have passed. Fortunately he did manage to get some outstanding footy out of his body before it started to break down. His kicking out of defence was glorious for a man his size.

Any senior games he plays in 2019 are a bonus at this stage and really, you have to play the fit KPPs ahead of him because his lack of leaping ability and the likelihood of him spending half the game on the bench make him too much of a selection risk.

I come in peace.

Shattered for Reidy. Loved the way he went about it at full flight.
I'd be seriously asking questions as to why the club has let him train with an outside source during pre season. I won't name them, but this source has claimed that he had gotten Reid back to match fitness and had successfully rehabbed all of his injury woes. Evidently not and i'd be demanding answers as a Collingwood fan.

I come in peace.

I'd be seriously asking questions as to why the club has let him train with an outside source during pre season. I won't name them, but this source has claimed that he had gotten Reid back to match fitness and had successfully rehabbed all of his injury woes. Evidently not and i'd be demanding answers as a Collingwood fan.

Blame Donavorn;)

I come in peace.

There is no conspiracy. His body just can't handle afl footy anymore. I truly think not a single one of us here thought he would hold down a spot in this team.

We hoped we might get something but that's all it was.

His career has been circling the drain for a few years now. Don't get me wrong he was a champ and a huge player for us back in 2010 era, but unfortunately he is done and is simply just waiting out his contract.

Hope he can prove me wrong!

It's time Ben, eventually it happens to all of the players and unfortunately for you the club has let it drag on for a couple of years too long. All the best and thanks for 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace.

The guy has tried almost everything. I doubt our club would have had a better chance of getting him on the park. A dozen of games or so per season that he played over the past 6 yrs. Perhaps double where he could have played. Simply put, we are used to be without him , so there won't be much noice about it. If Darcy Moore would go down that same path however....

Last edited:
The hair loss gene actually comes from the mothers side.

He can blame his grandpa.
Yes the gene comes from the mother side, however father baldness will influence more strongly male pattern baldness.

Aparantly nearlt two thirds of males will have hair reduction by their 60s.
So even full headed hair will thin out as life goes on.

Ofcourse there are exceptions like the amazing hair of the late great Bart Cummings.

Great shame for him.
So much effort, rehab, training... to be cruelled by injury.

This really changes nothing, Ben reid was never a factor in our 2019 campaign due to the fact he’s no longer good enough at AFL level.

Just highlights the real strange decision to recontract him.

He’s been a great servant but his time was up years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back