Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree it will be very interesting re the points. I know of one team (not in BFNL) that has already told it's recruits that they will be having 3-4 weeks off during the year due to the points.

What happen during the finals? Do you pay your player when they don't play? or do you pay them to play 2's?

If I'm one of those players I'm not going without because you can't get under the points?
Yer we will wait and see if these situations arise but for Strath who work with a big budget and always have a big senior squad to speak its a possibility. Anymore on Maryborough? Matt Johnson going back is a big plus for them but I thought the Coach might have been able to grab them a handful to help them climb.

Looking for an experienced ruckman who is willing to make a move across to Vic Metro Premier Club. Potential employment and accommodation as part of package, PM if any interest.

Do Clubs put enough effort into getting the best Juniors Coaches they can and even put enough money towards getting a good Coaching panel for their Under 18 team given its a breeding ground for them? Plenty seem to be disappointed with the appointment of Damien Featherby as Under 18's Coach at Sandhurst. Havent heard great things about his Coaching or him as a person either and the Club doesn't want to flirt with losing players at that age. We've had plenty of talented players come through the ranks which atleast initially means you have quality players in the seniors for very little money and it helps build the culture of the Club to have players play at the Club long term. Personally I'd love to see a Keiran Nihill doing the job thought he was a great teacher to the players when he did the senior job.

maybe meet the bloke and make judgement for yourself dragonfly, instead of relying on other people's opinions. Don't know much about his coaching all the same. I've always found him to be a good guy

What Sandhurst have got in Featherby is pretty much Ben Dyett MKII. He will recruit like crazy and promise the world then rely on the sheer talent to get them the flag, as Sandhurst u/18 sides have traditionally done. I played under them both and they are practically one and the same.

Cannot coach to save his life and his game plan consists of 'run and kick long to our marking targets' and half arsedly trying to implement things he sees watching the AFL on a Friday night. Whilst it's not sheep stations in the 18's, it's not a good appointment.

What Sandhurst have got in Featherby is pretty much Ben Dyett MKII. He will recruit like crazy and promise the world then rely on the sheer talent to get them the flag, as Sandhurst u/18 sides have traditionally done. I played under them both and they are practically one and the same.

Cannot coach to save his life and his game plan consists of 'run and kick long to our marking targets' and half arsedly trying to implement things he sees watching the AFL on a Friday night. Whilst it's not sheep stations in the 18's, it's not a good appointment.

I have heard he has tried to weasel his way into every already successful footy gravy train in central victoria since getting the as s from Serp. From Strathfieldsaye to North Bendigo to Kerang and now it would appear finally Sandhurst has given in. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yer we will wait and see if these situations arise but for Strath who work with a big budget and always have a big senior squad to speak its a possibility. Anymore on Maryborough? Matt Johnson going back is a big plus for them but I thought the Coach might have been able to grab them a handful to help them climb.

watched matt johnson play in a final for the storm and he really struggled. hope he can get back to his best.

What is the gap between Strath and Sandhursts budget Dragon Fly?

watched matt johnson play in a final for the storm and he really struggled. hope he can get back to his best.

Was his first game back since breaking his leg and ankle..can be excused for sure.

Couple of blokes called Ricky Dudley and Gareth Crawford have appeared at a club up here in QLD - can anyone shed any light on their quality (or lack of it) ?

Bit of research suggests they both spent a bit of time in Bendigo.

I have heard he has tried to weasel his way into every already successful footy gravy train in central victoria since getting the as s from Serp. From Strathfieldsaye to North Bendigo to Kerang and now it would appear finally Sandhurst has given in. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yep just a snake of a bloke all round. Got himself into a line Coaching role last year with the seniors and then they flicked him so Im not sure how they have doubled back and given him the 3rds job plenty not happy about it.

Plenty I'd say may ex AFL and VFL players don't lob on your door step for nothing. The Storm committee have lead the way in admin since their inception I remember when they were coming in people were saying they will get smacked by 20 plus goals each week and they were competitive immeidiately and have hold the competition now so good on them. Up to others to catch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of blokes called Ricky Dudley and Gareth Crawford have appeared at a club up here in QLD - can anyone shed any light on their quality (or lack of it) ?

Bit of research suggests they both spent a bit of time in Bendigo.

Crawford was a good player played in atleast one of flags that Eaglehawk won in 07/08 and arrived having played good footy might be getting on a bit now but should still be a good get and Dudley was fringe player at Eaglehawk a pretty fit close down back type. What level of Footy is it?

It's QAFL level, but the standard up here is pretty low.

Good country victorian players are guys that are in the better players at QAFL level.

Todd Bryant from Wodonga Raiders in the O&M for example was an absolute stand-out up here, in the best 5 or 6 in the comp.

Based on the bit of reading I've done, Crawford should be a very good addition and would play seniors at any club in the comp and Dudley will play senior footy but won't be a star. Should be interesting to see how they go.

Actually, just realised Dudley played up here in 2015, but in the lower leagues. He was a standout in a losing Grand final side in the lower division.

Plenty I'd say may ex AFL and VFL players don't lob on your door step for nothing. The Storm committee have lead the way in admin since their inception I remember when they were coming in people were saying they will get smacked by 20 plus goals each week and they were competitive immeidiately and have hold the competition now so good on them. Up to others to catch up.

When
Plenty I'd say may ex AFL and VFL players don't lob on your door step for nothing. The Storm committee have lead the way in admin since their inception I remember when they were coming in people were saying they will get smacked by 20 plus goals each week and they were competitive immediately and have hold the competition now so good on them. Up to others to catch up.

When calculating your opinion do you take into account incentives outside match payments eg: the tiling or carpeting of a players house to sign on?

It seems the Storm committee have been made to fall back in line with other clubs and stop leading the way in the BFL when it comes to actively seeking and retaining valued sponsorship to help pay for the recruitment and retention of quality players from outside Bendigo to compliment the locals that have been at the club for many years.

Do you think the Salary Cap and points system would have come into the BFL if the Storm didn't turn the comp and its old outdated ways on its head the past 3 years?

When

When calculating your opinion do you take into account incentives outside match payments eg: the tiling or carpeting of a players house to sign on?

It seems the Storm committee have been made to fall back in line with other clubs and stop leading the way in the BFL when it comes to actively seeking and retaining valued sponsorship to help pay for the recruitment and retention of quality players from outside Bendigo to compliment the locals that have been at the club for many years.

Do you think the Salary Cap and points system would have come into the BFL if the Storm didn't turn the comp and its old outdated ways on its head the past 3 years?

Yes it would. Don't forget Golden Square won multiple flags and dominated in a bigger way than the Storm have. Also the points and salary cap system is coming in across vic country in attempt to even out all leagues not just in response to back to back Storm flags

Do you think the Salary Cap and points system would have come into the BFL if the Storm didn't turn the comp and its old outdated ways on its head the past 3 years?[/QUOTE]

There seems to be many ways in the past that clubs have gone about paying players. Not sure its unique to one club
Remember the glove box payments supposed to have been made at Northern United back in the day, the club getting a player an "over " paid job, a car or the suggestion a complete house lot of tiles was provided by a Bendigo business also known as "Frank Walker" last year to get a Bridgewater player so he would sign at the Dragons. Heard he is still smiling about what he was able to be get out of the owner.

Hey all - long time reader first time poster but want to get involved here!!
Strath will obviously be the team to beat again this year and sandhurst will be good again and sqaure but what are everyones thought's on south and k/flat?? I personally thought both teams would be struggling to make the 5 but a relation of mine is at kanagroo flat and he thinks they will go alright this year with who they have picked up but i dont really agree with him. But South Bendigo on the other hand are looking very strong. A bloke i work with is friendly with the coaching staff at south and im now thinking that massing the top 5 would be a huge let down for them this year. they have that Hornbry from ballarat, rogerson from mildura and a heap of other guns who have just slipped under the raidar.

What do all you experts think?

not obvious to me stars that storm is the team to beat
Milne, ferguson and Mildren --- all gone
you r looking at making up 110--120 goals right there
Brycie Curnow and Bartholomew still around. Also stingray J. Hall
But there's a fair few snags needed from those 3 Everington and Gallagher gone from the mids group
I've got Hurst in No. 1 spot and the Stormy boys down at No. 3

not obvious to me stars that storm is the team to beat
Milne, ferguson and Mildren --- all gone
you r looking at making up 110--120 goals right there
Brycie Curnow and Bartholomew still around. Also stingray J. Hall
But there's a fair few snags needed from those 3 Everington and Gallagher gone from the mids group
I've got Hurst in No. 1 spot and the Stormy boys down at No. 3

Mate i agree hurst are awesome on paper but they just dont have a good club around them like strath and the other burbs do.
Can south make the 3 or is that unrealistic? They are the team worrying me as they nearly rolled us with their poor list last year now its got 10 top senior additions.

Back