Strategy Best 22 in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d play one Less on the field than bailey scott

Change my mind

If Ziebs plays, I'm not sure it's based on merit. His pre season games haven't been great in defense. I'd be playing Young, Hall or Dawson ahead of him. At least they offer something defensively.

I’d take a guess and say Clarko doesn’t want come in and send a respected warrior to the gallows immediately. It might be a case of a quiet chat at some point.

I’d take a guess and say Clarko doesn’t want come in and send a respected warrior to the gallows immediately. It might be a case of a quiet chat at some point.

Sorry but i disagree. Clarko has proven he is ruthless when it comes to chopping big names from the hawks list and unfortunately Jack's time has come. I feel the same for Hall and while Turner has shown a bit this preseason I suspect there's no room for him in our best 22. it's time for our next gen to show us their stuff.

Sorry but i disagree. Clarko has proven he is ruthless when it comes to chopping big names from the hawks list and unfortunately Jack's time has come. I feel the same for Hall and while Turner has shown a bit this preseason I suspect there's no room for him in our best 22. it's time for our next gen to show us their stuff.
Yeah but he didn’t chop any long term players before rd 1 of his first season.
Ziebs will at least play the first half of the season before getting dropped / rested

yesterday seemed to deflate a few of our posters. Me a little as well tbh

We have a best 12 or so, from there it becomes debatable. " Best" isn't currently a word we should associate with our club.

Turner= great attitude
McDonald- got burnt bad with the then FS rules FFS
Perez- we thought he'd go top ten pre injury, not sure why
Xerri- love his attitude, and maybe but doubtful
Scott
Ziebell- is a warrior and I don't like lumping him with this lot
CCJ- FFS & FMD, six years has anyone seen anything? I mean we rightly prefer Comben
Taylor- Is he related to Perez
Stephenson- we gave up half a set of tatts numbers for him and picked up Div 6 $3.99
Mahony
Lazzaro
Bonar-fied
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wardlaw
Sheezel
Curtis
Bergman
Powell
Goater
Comben
Phillips

- they’re not seasoned footballers. But have shown something that suggests they will make it

The good news is that lot plus maybe Thomas has until season 25 which is when I expect finals.

Of course, the below will be gone by then. But we also have

2023 first rounder which will be top 4 pick at least. Poorts will be around 10. Then a mid first in 2024.

Hall
Goldy
Cunners
Greenwood

People it is going to be tough for at least another two seasons.

I had us for up to ten wins this year, I've changed that to max five.

ah well as we now say!

I wouldn’t panic just yet.

Tucker is one who I will be interested to see how he fits in our rotations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't expect him to play for a while, needs match conditioning and has had zero. He hasn't played a minute on the park against opposition since he's arrived.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s ruthless and there’s being a campaigner unnecessarily.

We’re running bottom 4 whether Jack plays or not. There’s been enough turmoil at the club over the past 3 years without coming in and sacking the captain who is respected by all. I’m sure at some point during the season there’ll be a chat and he’ll go out with dignity.

There’s ruthless and there’s being a campaigner unnecessarily.

We’re running bottom 4 whether Jack plays or not. There’s been enough turmoil at the club over the past 3 years without coming in and sacking the captain who is respected by all. I’m sure at some point during the season there’ll be a chat and he’ll go out with dignity.
Maybe when Archer and Corr are fit

Yeah but he didn’t chop any long term players before rd 1 of his first season.
Ziebs will at least play the first half of the season before getting subbed
And that's plenty.

As a variation on this thread's theme, here's what our round 5 line-up could look like:

FB - LMac - Bmac - Corr
HB - TT - Logue - The Sheeze
C - Shiels - Jy - Scott
HF - Curtis - Chom - Lord of War
FF - Cunners - Larks - Zurhaar
FOL - Goldy - LDU - Powell

IC - WhiPhi - Tucker - The Goat - Greenwood

S - Sleevo/Radio Bergman/Drury

Happy Oh Yeah GIF

I am wondering (for fantasy league) Thomas’s position this year. Is he a player that could be played off the back flank? I have read some people stating Corr to be that running defender. They are both available on the waiver wire and I need another D. Perez supposedly also has a nice kick. Thanks in advance.

I am wondering (for fantasy league) Thomas’s position this year. Is he a player that could be played off the back flank? I have read some people stating Corr to be that running defender. They are both available on the waiver wire and I need another D. Perez supposedly also has a nice kick. Thanks in advance.
He’s been playing HBF and onball in the VFL.

Corr most likely deals with the third tall unless one of Logue or McKay are injured.

He was training up to play the role that Sheezel is currently playing. Maybe Sheezel has stolen the role from him, its hard to say.

B: Corr McKay McDonald
HB: Goater Logue Bergman
C: Thomas Phillips Tucker
HF: Sheezel Comben Sleevo
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Goldy/xerri Simpkin LDU
I: CCJ Wardlaw Powell Scott
Sub: Ford

Missing 5 of the above best 22: corr, comben, Goater, Curtis and LDU

Instead of Ziebell, shiels, hall, spicer, greenwood

Perez in the mix and should play instead of hall while Goater is missing

Last edited:
Salivating at the fact that after the bye we could have simpkin ldu Philips Thomas wardlaw and sheezel running through the middle with additional support from greenwood powell and zurhaar

I'm thinking by the end of the year the team is starting to take shape and looking something like this:

B: Perez McKay McDonald
HB: Thomas Logue Bergman
C: Scott LDU Ford
HF: Sheezel CCJ Sleevo
F: Curtis/Spicer Larkey Zurhaar
R: Goldy Simpkin Phillips
I: Wardlaw Powell Tucker, Shiels
Sub: Greenwood

Depth: Corr, Taylor, Howe, Comben, Goater, Jack, Cunners, Xerri

Fringe: Drury, Archer, Harvey, Lazzaro

Forget: Hall, Dawson, Mahoney, Bonar, Turner

Last edited: