List Mgmt. Best 23 for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting this up early as it will be interesting to see how this evolves over the trade period and off season. Ignore suspensions and injuries. Just a flat out best 22 from the entire list.
My early crack is as follows...

FB: Young Gibcus Broad
HB: Vlastuin Balta Short
C: Banks Taranto Ross
HF: Martin Bauer Bolton
FF: D. Rioli Lynch Baker
FOLL: Soldo Dow Hopper

INT: Nankervis, Brown, Trezise, Cumberland
Sub: Coulthard

Even though I want access to Pickett's kids, I'm more keen to see our current kids.
Im hoping players like Sonsie, Clarke, MRJ, Campbell, Smith etc can have a strong off-season and really push for selection in the early handful of rounds.

There are 2 in the forward pockets and 2 on the bench. Admittedly the sub seems wasted on a non half back flanker and Dow shouldn’t get a game in the guts over a HBF.
Lol you campaigner. I had a chuckle at this.
I can't help it if we recruit a lot of HBF'ers. I have to fit them in somehow.

FB: Vlastuin Young Broad
HB: Rioli Balta Short
HF: Martin Gibcus Bauer
FF: Baker Lynch Cumberland
FOLL: Nank Bolton Hopper

INT: Brown, Trezise, Sonsie, Prestia
EMG from: Coulthard, Ryan, Dow, Clarke, Soldo, Campbell, Kmac, Pickett, Mansell, Graham, Ralphsmith

Starting this up early as it will be interesting to see how this evolves over the trade period and off season. Ignore suspensions and injuries. Just a flat out best 22 from the entire list.
My early crack is as follows...

Even though I want access to Pickett's kids, I'm more keen to see our current kids.
Im hoping players like Sonsie, Clarke, MRJ, Campbell, Smith etc can have a strong off-season and really push for selection in the early handful of rounds.
I think your team is a touch too light on midfielders. If Prestia stays then, even if he isn't as good as he was, he's in our best side.

I reckon we might make an enquiry of Harrison Jones from Essendon so he'll start in the team. I think we'll unite the Dow brothers, too.

Brown, Balta, Broad
Vlastuin, Gibcus, Short
Banks, Hopper, Ross
Martin, Jones, Bolton
D. Rioli, Lynch, Baker
Nankervis, Prestia, Taranto
Graham, Dow, Dow, Clarke

emg/ Soldo, Young, Sonsie, McIntosh

Big watch on Kaleb Smith too, he was FIENDISHLY unlucky to get hurt so soon but people were giving him big wraps for his speed out of the backline. If he is okay - and his injury means it's possible he's not :( - he will be one to look out for.

EDIT: Bauer supremely stiff but he is next in line.

B Vlastuin Balta Broad
HB: Trezise Young Baker
C: Ross Hopper Short
HF: Rioli Gibcus Bolton
FF: Martin Lynch Coulthard
Foll: Soldo Dow Taranto
Int: Banks Nank Cumberland Bauer Clarke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think your team is a touch too light on midfielders. If Prestia stays then, even if he isn't as good as he was, he's in our best side.

I reckon we might make an enquiry of Harrison Jones from Essendon so he'll start in the team. I think we'll unite the Dow brothers, too.

Brown, Balta, Broad
Vlastuin, Gibcus, Short
Banks, Hopper, Ross
Martin, Jones, Bolton
D. Rioli, Lynch, Baker
Nankervis, Prestia, Taranto
Graham, Dow, Dow, Clarke

emg/ Soldo, Young, Sonsie, McIntosh

Big watch on Kaleb Smith too, he was FIENDISHLY unlucky to get hurt so soon but people were giving him big wraps for his speed out of the backline. If he is okay - and his injury means it's possible he's not :( - he will be one to look out for.

EDIT: Bauer supremely stiff but he is next in line.
Lol! I didn't even realise I left out Prestia.
Cumbo might need to make way then.

And absolutely pointless until after the trade and drafting period.
It's just a bit of fun and if you read the OP, it's more about seeing how our best team progressively changes over the next six months after the trade period, draft and pre-season training.

I agree with that team, Grimes will probably get games based off his name, but if those guys are fit he should struggle to get into the team imo.

Not a bad team at all. Good mix of youth and experience. Interested to see if we will bring anyone in during the trade period.

Dont mind the idea of rioli in the forward line. People forget how good he was as a forward in our 2017 flag year. He will have so much more confidence in his game now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Young Balta Gibcus*
HB: D.Rioli Vlastuin Short
C: Ross Taranto ???????
HF: Bolton ?????? Baker
F: Martin Lynch ??????
R: Nankervis Hopper ??????
INT: Broad ?????? ?????? ??????

I'm not picking a complete side for this just yet because there are so many spots that are up for grabs in my opinion and it will depend on who has a big preseason with the new coach taking over. However what I will do is post the foundation of the side I'd like us to play from round 1.

As you can see the core of the side is mostly made up of experienced proven performers with Young and Gibcus as the only players with under 30 games to their names. The question marks ideally will be filled by others who have played less than 50 games of which we currently have 20 players listed prior to delistings, trade/free agency & drafts.

The leading candidates I have for those 7 spots are: Banks Bauer Clarke Dow Ryan Brown & Trezise. But again as I said it will depend on how preseason goes.

The aim of this side is to get the next generation up to speed as quickly as possible so that as we continue to transition through the retirements of the older guys the drop off isn't going to be as bad as it could be.

1693393777217.gif

FB: Gibcus - Balta - Broad
HB: Rioli - Vlastuin - Short
C: Banks - TT - Ross
HF: Martin - Bauer - Baker
FF: Cumbo - Lynch - Mansell
FOLL: Soldo/Nank - Hopper - Bolton
INT: Ryan - Brown - Dow/Sonsie - Clarke/Trezise/Coulthard/MR Jr

Not too fussed about Nank or Soldo as the ruck, same with Dow or Sonsie in the team (assuming Sonsie gets his head screwed on).
Also comfortable with leaving players like Young, Prestia, Graham, Pickett, McIntosh and Grimes out.

FB: Gibcus - Balta - Broad
HB: Rioli - Vlastuin - Short
C: Banks - TT - Ross
HF: Martin - Bauer - Baker
FF: Cumbo - Lynch - Mansell
FOLL: Soldo/Nank - Hopper - Bolton
INT: Ryan - Brown - Dow/Sonsie - Clarke/Trezise/Coulthard/MR Jr

Not too fussed about Nank or Soldo as the ruck, same with Dow or Sonsie in the team (assuming Sonsie gets his head screwed on).
Also comfortable with leaving players like Young, Prestia, Graham, Pickett, McIntosh and Grimes out.
Cumbo and Mansell😂😂😂😂😂😂 ahead of MJR, Clarke and Coulthard. and some of the players you’re “comfortable“ with being omitted, you do want us to win some games right? That forward line you’ve outlined is horrendous

FB: Vlastuin - Young - Broad
HB: Rioli - Balta - Tresize
C: Short - TT - Ross
HF: Martin - Gibcus - Bolton
FF: Cumbo - Lynch - Baker
FOLL: Nank - Dow - Prestia
INT: Hopper - Brown (7th back) - Sonsie (wing) - Soldo

Sub: Clarke/Coulthard
EM: Banks (not 100% sold on Banks yet). Bauer - not sure is ready or needed if Gibcus plays forward - Pickett (wing only) - still think he can play good footy on the wing.

Tresize for his defensive ability.
Sonsie is a running and overlapping player made for the wing, provided he has a strong preseason. Too much class not to come good.

I don't believe this side is out of the running next year. Many of the kids mentioned will be better players next season than this, and most weren't bad this season. If they falter, then some very good kids in the wings who will be very hungry.

Prestia is a maybe judging on recent form, but he has been a star since coming to Richmond, so you have to back him to come good.
Train Soldo as a forward all preseason. Drop a few kg's and lots of sprinting and marking practice. Has shown enough as a forward to have a crack at it and it gives Lynch a bit of a break during games.

Hell yes, love these threads.

Can't wait till theres another version after delistings.
And then prior to trade period with rumours included.
And then one after the trade period.
And then one after the draft.
And then one after another draft.
And then one after Feb training.
And then one in the lead up to round 1.

Cumbo and Mansell😂😂😂😂😂😂 ahead of MJR, Clarke and Coulthard. and some of the players you’re “comfortable“ with being omitted, you do want us to win some games right? That forward line you’ve outlined is horrendous

I've pencilled MRJ in more as a mid rather than a small fwd (which I have Cumbo and Mansell in for).

Coulthard has looked good in spits and spurts, whereas Cumbo and Mansell have shown that they can play out a full game to a decent level.

Clarke is more HF rather than small forward for me, so looking at Dusty and Baker's starting positions.

To suggest having MRJ, Clarke and/or Coulthard in over Cumbo and/or Mansell gives us a better shot at winning games seems very reactionary (not surprised if I'm being totally honest) and short sighted.

Hell yes, love these threads.

Can't wait till theres another version after delistings.
And then prior to trade period with rumours included.
And then one after the trade period.
And then one after the draft.
And then one after another draft.
And then one after Feb training.
And then one in the lead up to round 1.
That's the point. Read the OP. It's all going to be in the one thread and we can have a clear view of how it progresses over every period you mentioned.

That's the point. Read the OP. It's all going to be in the one thread and we can have a clear view of how it progresses over every period you mentioned.
I look forward to seeing all the threads combined into one thread.

I’ll do an under 28s team :cool:
Apart from Lynch and Dusty
Rioli Young Brown
Short Gibcus Banks
Trezise Taranto Bolton
Cumberland Balta Baker
Clarke Lynch Bauer
Soldo Dow Hopper
Graham Martin Mansell Ross

B: ??? ??? ???
HB: ??? ??? ???
C: ??? ??? ???
HF: ??? ??? ???
F: ??? Hayes-Brown ???
R: ??? ??? ???
INT: ??? ??? ??? ???

I'll update mine as the pre-season progresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back