Best British Sitcom?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not making this a poll simply because there's no way for me to remember and include all the worthy candidates.

As much as I love Fawlty Towers I'm giving my vote to Dads Army. IMO it was just about as funny as Fawlty Towers but they maintained it over 10 seasons. Great characters, great catchphrases (Stupid boy, Aye we're dooomed) make this show very memorable.

There can be only one and it's Fawlty Towers by a long way.

Runners-up

The Young Ones
The Goodies
Yep, Fawlty Towers has to win. Those who don't pick it are simply playing a different game.

In no particular order: Blackadder, Yes Minister, Flying Circus, The Goodies, The Young Ones, Black Books, the Office, Extras, Mighty Boosh, Father Ted. So much quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not making this a poll simply because there's no way for me to remember and include all the worthy candidates.

As much as I love Fawlty Towers I'm giving my vote to Dads Army. IMO it was just about as funny as Fawlty Towers but they maintained it over 10 seasons. Great characters, great catchphrases (Stupid boy, Aye we're dooomed) make this show very memorable.
Steptoe-The Office (English)-Extras-On the Buses-Fawlty (off course)-The Rag Trade-
Man about the House-George and Mildred(classic)-Love Thy Neighbour(with Honky and
Nig Nog)not so much political correctness then.Then there's Absolutely Fabulous-Vicar of
Dibley-how about Little Britain not a sit com as such, but, as all of them, simple pommy
brilliance. I'm a 5th gen Aussie, and I say, nobody on this planet can do it like the poms
I love em all and there are stacks more I've forgotten. We can do it ok here the yanks
seem to miss the point, the Brits they've just got it.

Blackadder goes Forth
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES!!
PHOENIX NIGHTS!!
Men Behaving Badly
Some mothers do have me
Fancy forgetting Only Fools and Horses.This was my favorite of all time and my two youngest sons now have every DVD of all the episodes and Christmas specials they ever made, they're like family, what skills these actors have hey?Just an old Aussie one you might remember "My Name's Mc goolly Whats Yours" Gordon Chatter and John Mellion
this was Aussie, and in its time, getting right up there with the best.Mellion was a brilliant actor he did lots of work in the UK.

I've just spotted Black Adder and then thought of "Not the Nine O,clock News",well I have to leave this thread because I KEEP remembering shows,it's good fun folks thanks.

Fancy forgetting Only Fools and Horses.This was my favorite of all time and my two youngest sons now have every DVD of all the episodes and Christmas specials they ever made, they're like family, what skills these actors have hey?Just an old Aussie one you might remember "My Name's Mc goolly Whats Yours" Gordon Chatter and John Mellion
this was Aussie, and in its time, getting right up there with the best.Mellion was a brilliant actor he did lots of work in the UK.

The first person with any knowledge of British sitcoms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back