Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at a party once (use the term loosely there was like 10 people there max) somewhere around 2009-10ish

We ordered pizza and when it came to who was going to answer the door a tall bloke that I had only meet for the first time named Mark was insistent he wasn't going to answer the door for the pizza boy despite being in the front room next to the door

I can't be f’ed getting recognized and having someone fawn over me tonight he quipped.

No idea who the fu** this dickhead was I asked another guy at the party who he was.

Mark Blake was the guy in question

I'm like if I follow footy and I have no idea who the fu** you are I am sure some 21 year old Indian pizza boy isn't going to know either. w***er!

I’ve read numerous times on bigfooty over the years Blake wasn’t the most popular bloke in Geelong

He reportedly left Brisbane for 25k.

Yeo didn’t leave the Lions for 25k. He left Brisbane because our culture was pretty poor and wasn’t too happy with the way he was treated by our captain.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AFL asked teams to have 4 players signed up on pay as you play style deals in order to reduce list sizes to 38 with 2 rookies. Players would be from the state leagues, play there but be able to be signed to play to cover a long term injury.

Breathaking the lengths they are going to to save what would be say 5 mill a year in all reality

if only there was a simple way they could have made an easy extra 5 mil....oh there ******* was.

Yeo didn’t leave the Lions for 25k. He left Brisbane because our culture was pretty poor and wasn’t too happy with the way he was treated by our captain.

so he left because of a bad culture to join the worst cultured club in AFL history?!:think:

so he left because of a bad culture to join the worst cultured club in AFL history?!:think:

If you are really keen to find out why he supposedly left, it shouldn’t take much digging. I hated losing him as a Lions supporter, but Yeo had his reasons and I don’t blame him for jumping ship when he did.

We had a few bad eggs in the mid 2000s. Certainly not alone in the AFL. We acted on it but some blokes like Cousins are just off the chain by nature.

Gherig and Cuzzy were close mates and loose AF out around town. A bloke I played with missus got bailed up by Cuz at Steve's bar. When he arced up at Cuz, Gherig had him by the throat. We traded him to St Kilda to get him out of the mix. Then it was Cuz and Gardiner raging around and he was traded to St Kilda too, ironically.

Chicky and Cuz were up too no good in 2007 preseason. Embley wanted to sort it out and tracked them down to a party house up in Quinns Rocks and him and Chick punched on. Chick and Cousins just held it together for 07 but both got delisted at the end of the year.

We supported our superstar Cuz until it was untenable. Cousins has ADHD but was undiagnosed until an adult when he lost control. Explains a lot about his problems really.

Kerry is a piss head who lost it when his career finished. A few years ago a mate of mine pulled up at his mates house in Brentwood and saw Kerry rolling around wrestling on the front lawn of the house next door blind drunk at lunchtime. Nothing to do with the club what they get up to past playing. Same with Mainwaring. Plenty of past players cut loose and lose control when it's over. Just ask Brian Lake.

And when it comes to the media, we're the biggest fish in the pond over here by that far, that when the Dockers Michael Johnson got caught in possession of cocaine in 2010, and Freo only hit him with a 6 week suspension, it barely even stayed in the news cycle. They've had a heap of loose party boys too (as well as serious domestic violence perpetrators) but they don't matter, as journalists know West Coast are the clickbait.

Caroline Wilson realed off the drug culture line about West Coast for a decade after cousins was gone. All the while ignoring Victorian players like Swanny self reporting illicit use so they could get away with an in season bender. The biggest hush hush for the last 20 years was what was going on at Collingwood with the rat pack

Last edited:
We had a few bad eggs in the mid 2000s. Certainly not alone in the AFL. We acted on it but some blokes like Cousins are just off the chain by nature.

Gherig and Cuzzy were close mates and loose AF out around town. A bloke I played with missus got bailed up by Cuz at Steve's bar. When he arced up at Cuz, Gherig had him by the throat. We traded him to St Kilda to get him out of the mix. Then it was Cuz and Gardiner raging around and he was traded to St Kilda too, ironically.
Chicky and Cuz were up too no good in 2007 preseason. Embley wanted to sort it out and tracked them down to a party house up in Quinns Rocks and him and Chick punched on. Chick and Cousins just held it together for 07 but both got delisted at the end of the year.

We supported our superstar Cuz until it was untenable. Cousins has ADHD but was undiagnosed until an adult when he lost control. Explains a lot about his problems really.
Kerry is a piss head who lost it when his career finished. Nothing to do with the club what they get up to past playing. Same with Mainwaring. Plenty of past players cut loose and lose control when it's over. Just ask Brian Lake.

And when it comes to the media, we're the biggest fish in the pond over here by that far, that when the Dockers Michael Johnson got caught in possession of cocaine in 2010, and Freo only hit him with a 6 week suspension, it barely even stayed in the news cycle. They've had a heap of loose party boys too (as well as serious domestic violence perpetrators) but they don't matter, as journalists know West Coast are the clickbait.

Caroline Wilson realed off the drug culture line about West Coast for a decade after cousins was gone. All the while ignoring Victorian players like Swanny self reporting illicit use so they could get away with an in season bender. The biggest hush hush for the last 20 years was what was going on at Collingwood with the rat pack
The infamous Ratpack backpack of the 2010 Mad Monday !!!
Mind you, rumour has it that another backpack was arranged by someone with possible American in-law connections to be left in a Las Vegas hotel room prior to the team booking in the year Fletcher flatlined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is on nowhere near that. His family is insanely wealthy and quite simply Yeo doesn’t really need that extra money. He and Brad Sheppards contracts are insanely low for the level of player they are

Would say both dads are worth say 20 mill + each.

I knew about sheppard’s father but didn’t know about yeo’s.

What does yeo’s old man do for work?

Seeing Harvey chucking down the grog the other day reminded me that a Saints mate of mine told me that in his latter playing years he was often legless and a young Riewoldt would sometimes carry him to a taxi and put him in after the team was out on the tiles. Always thought he was a cleanskin.
You have to be a level of drunk to decide to jump off your kitchen bench to fix a broken bone tbh.

Family friend. I guess everyone has a different definition of what “broke” is but Swampy is back working at the WACA and they living at Mitch’s house, along with the sister and her 2 kids. Certainly not livening the lifestyle they once were. Mitch and Shaun are fine, it’s just the folks.

Sad to hear. Swampy was pretty well off, use to have a big house on a few acres in Jandakot.

Is he broke just because of sheppards investments? Or are there other reasons as well?

Kerry is a piss head who lost it when his career finished. A few years ago a mate of mine pulled up at his mates house in Brentwood and saw Kerry rolling around wrestling on the front lawn of the house next door blind drunk at lunchtime. Nothing to do with the club what they get up to past playing. Same with Mainwaring. Plenty of past players cut loose and lose control when it's over. Just ask Brian Lake.

you are either Trump incarnate or the equivalent of a flat-earther. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back