Opinion Best game played by the Gold Coast FC

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guys!
Not sure how you guys are with opposition posting threads (had been attacked for it before on other boards)
But I want to know what the best game (win or lost) use guys have played since you joined the Afl, so leave your opinions down below ! :)

Hey guys!
Not sure how you guys are with opposition posting threads (had been attacked for it before on other boards)
But I want to know what the best game (win or lost) use guys have played since you joined the Afl, so leave your opinions down below ! :)

I wasn’t there and I didn’t see it on TV. I was driving with my wife on a long road trip listening to it on the radio but for me nothing beats the joy I got from our clubs first win when we beat Port Adelaide at Football Park back in 2011.

Agree with all the games mentioned also our 2015 win vs North Melbourne. The Harley Bennell photos appeared we were getting smashed by everyone in the media. Gaz and Swallow came back into the team and we smashed North by 55. Dixon kicked 7 and was unstoppable. The best part was the North fans meltdown on Bigfooty.

As much as the first win is right up there.
My favourite is a come from behind win over north in torrential rain at metricon. Was all north in the first quarter, then once the rain kicked in it was all us... Thinking 2014 maybe 2013?
Yep and had the forward press going

Think it was 2014

Remember sinking into my seat thinking it would get ugly... roller coaster

Yep and had the forward press going

Think it was 2014

Remember sinking into my seat thinking it would get ugly... roller coaster
That's the one. North could not get it out of our forward 50, to the point richo suggested north let us score a goal so the ball gets moved to the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was this the game that Day chased down Harvey? that was awesome.

Yep remember it well. Took my son (then 7 years old) toMelbourne for the first time and that Day tackle happened right in front of us. Remember thinking after the game that we had arrived as a footy club and that we were on the way to finals.....

How wrong I was

This year's first win against the Hawks. In fact, if you bundle the two wins against Hawthorn, then the Suns effectively kept the Hawks out of Finals. Winning against Geelong is always sweet, so I'd put the game this season in the top 5 all time. Worth a mention is the Collingwood game of 2014 when Gaz went down, but the boys held it together to win. The very first win against Port was special feeling, as was the after the siren win against Richmond that affected them psychologically so bad that they folded their season.

Only a few wins I can actually remember.
Probably was the 1St win in qld that I remember most. The very first q clash.
Being there and seeing krakour take speckies and kick 5 goals was a very entertaining game. But yeah there have been a few games that gave me that feeling that we were breaking out.

As much as the first win is right up there.
My favourite is a come from behind win over north in torrential rain at metricon. Was all north in the first quarter, then once the rain kicked in it was all us... Thinking 2014 maybe 2013?

Pretty much McKenzie's best ever game playing loose behind the ball

Defs the first ever win, 'Glory lasts forever'
Agree, I watched it from a holiday unit on the Sunshine Coast and was making such a racket that several of the other unit occupants came over to see what was going on. They stayed and had a couple of beers as we rewatched the post game highlights.

I think we played the final qtr with no interchange either and there were unlimited rotations. Sam Day kicked a few.

This game probably had the best atmosphere I’ve seen at Metricon , place was pumping , when we are up and about Metricon does deliver , sadly it’s been very few games like this though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

a few favourites was geelong this year, hawks this year, richmond 2012, collingwood 2014, eagles this season and my fav game that we lost was 2015 vs fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back