chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
That goal where he shaped his way through 2 tackles rather than initiate contact, which he likes to do and kicked the inside out goal, not many have those skills.
In fact, only Patrick has those skills and I ain’t talkin’ fall over Dangerfield!👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WFGodot

Team Captain
Nov 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve already said this is one of the great individual games I’ve seen. He was amazing against Collingwood a few weeks back. Kouta did some ridiculous things in the prelim 99, and I think he marked everything against west coast one day a couple of years before that.
Fev on song was special, remember that day against Essendon?
Bradley had days out as did Williams and Judd.
Most important it is not about pure numbers but context. His physicality and will to carry sides makes this 24 year old all the more impressive.
That he plays in an inexperienced team makes him all the more visible.
We are blessed to have him.

Kramer1

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, best for a while anyway. Sticks had plenty of 20 touch, 7-8 goal, 7000 mark games. Williams had a better GF. Kouta you could choose half a dozen, Kreuzer coming back from injury in Sydney.

But bloody hell, glad he's ours.

dumb

i **** blue
Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
trawling through some of the stats (and my memory)

ratten 30 pos 6 goals, round 6 2000
camporeale 26 pos 7 goals, round 18 1996
johnston 43 pos 5 goals, round 1 1984
johnston 26 pos 6 goals, round 4 1987
gleeson 33 pos 5 goals, round 4 1988
gleeson 28 pos 6 goals, round 18 1988
koutoufides 38 pos 5 goals, round 11 2000
williams 31 and 5 in the 95 gf. once kicked a lazy 6 in a 53 possession game for sydney.

Prem17

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
For me, the best ever was Judd's performance in the slush pit at the SCG on the Royal wedding night years ago (2011). We hadn't won there for years and his performance was outstanding.
What Cripps did yesterday, especially considering the context of our season, will probably never be repeated.
It was the best all round game I have ever seen.
No cheap possessions, hard tackles, important marks, goals, clearances, inside 50's, flying the flag when our young guys were shoved around and all when we looked like we were going to be annihilated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one_twelve112

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Round 5 1996 - Kouta vs West Coast.

At the end of the game, the crowd chanted Kouta Kouta Kouta. It was incredible.
This. WC were almost unbeatable at the time and fielded a team that was stacked from front to back with some of the best players of that decade.
He was a colossus that day!

A few personal faves - Rhino and DeIulio 1992?? comeback against the Saints at PP both kicking 3 - 4 goals and electrifying the crowd.
Laurence Angwin 2003 pre-season game v Geelong at PP. He did it all that day. Up there with Kouta v WC
Mil Hanna destroying Gary Ablett playing full back when GA was at his absolute prime (mid 90's).
1999 PF Kouta
Judd v Swans.
SOS going forward kicking about 10 vs Fitzroy early 90s when we turned a half time deficit into a 100 point win.

Before my time - but I believe Jezza had a 6 goal, 10 minute rampage playing centre against the Dons at PP one day a long time ago.

I've watched plenty of footy and Cripps v Brisbane would be Top 10

footyfan78

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Thought this needed it’s own thread after the performance from our captain today. It would be up there with the best iv’e seen from a Carlton player.........thoughts?
Maybe in top twenty in my time of watching. Dominator, David McKay, Jezza, Doull, Sticks, Diesel, Hunter and Kouta played same crazy ass games I seen although the Jezza ones I seen on video not live.Big Nick, well before my time would have played some amazing games as the likes of Soapy Vallence must have done too.

footyfan78

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Dominator in Rd1 1980 was special.

Lit it up with 7 goals at a seething Vic Park in the GF replay when the Pies were red hot favorites after the upheaval of losing Jezza and we'd been shizen in losing all practice matches.
Round one was crazy ass of 84 too. Think he had around 40 kicks, gave off a heap of goals to new full forward Warren Ralph on his debut and snagged about 5 goals of his own.

perthblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
juddy virtuoso performance in the wet in Sydney stands out for me.
but cripps yesterday was a memorable performance, made me so happy.
fev had a lot of fantastic individual performances as well.

Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Fev vs Essendon in the comeback was special, Judd at Sydney was as well

But I think Cripps' takes the cake, given the circumstances. 1 and 10 team playing a top 5 team, coach was just sacked and in one of the worst teams ever he does that!? It was Herculean

Kruezing

Team Captain
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I came here to mention this performance.

Pretty sure he spent some of the match playing on some spud called Wayne Carey and took him to the cleaners.

Probably a bit harsh calling Carey a spud. Will probably go down in history as the second best ever AFL player to wear #18 :p
Third if you include Walsh after Justin Murphy ...

Curnivore

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Cripps still hasn't had a game as great as Koutas best couple but his form this year if continued could overtake koutas purple patch form on consistency.

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
"Delicate" David Rhys Jones 87 GF game on Dermott. Not the super stats but a phenomenal effort for the Norm Smith . What a game, what a player.
And when he had his pub in Carlton it had the best dim sims I ever had.:beermug: Good onya Rhys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom