Best Movie that no one's ever heard of

Remove this Banner Ad

Downloaded Strange Days recently... Enjoyed it in the 90s and want to watch it again.

Also downloaded Existenz which I think I enjoyed better in the 90s. Probably because the premise has been redone a few times now. But back then it was new and fresh.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Downloaded Strange Days recently... Enjoyed it in the 90s and want to watch it again.

Also downloaded Existenz which I think I enjoyed better in the 90s. Probably because the premise has been redone a few times now. But back then it was new and fresh.

The 13th Floor is just as good with a similar premise.

Maybe not unknown, but lesser known....

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot - Clint Eastwood, young Jeff Bridges, George Kennedy

High Fidelity - John Cusack, Jack Black

Airheads - Brendan Fraser, Adam Sandler, Steve Buscemi

Kentucky Fried Movie - various, absolute classic

Still Crazy - Stephen Rea, Bill Nighy, Billy Connolly

Page Eight, Turks and Caicos, Salting the Battlefield - Bill Nighy, Johnny Worricker trilogy

The Man Who Sued God
2001 ‧ Comedy/Romance ‧ 1h 38m

After lawyer Steve Myers (Billy Connolly) abandons his career, he buys a boat and pursues a quiet life as a fisherman. His plans are obstructed when a bolt of lightning destroys his vessel, and his insurance company tells him he isn't covered because the incident was an "act of God." Teaming up with Anne (Judy Davis), a journalist who's sympathetic to his plight, Steve sues God, who is represented in court by religious leaders. The defendants must give evidence of God's existence or pay.

The Thirteenth Floor
M 1999 ‧ Sci-fi/Thriller ‧ 1h 40m

A computer scientist running a virtual reality simulation of 1937 becomes the primary suspect when his colleague and mentor is murdered.

Did you inherit the contents of a Blockbuster store after they went broke :)

Two small films that I like... Not sure if "No-one has heard of" though?

Let's just say the 90s were awesome for cinephiles!

The Straight Story (1999)

An old man makes a long journey by lawnmower to mend his relationship with an ill brother

Gattaca (1997)

A genetically inferior man assumes the identity of a superior one in order to pursue his lifelong dream of space travel.

Two small films that I like... Not sure if "No-one has heard of" though?

Let's just say the 90s were awesome for cinephiles!

The Straight Story (1999)

An old man makes a long journey by lawnmower to mend his relationship with an ill brother

Gattaca (1997)

A genetically inferior man assumes the identity of a superior one in order to pursue his lifelong dream of space travel.

Gattaca is pretty good. Luckily we haven't truly ventured down the road of genetic class divisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amy
Rachel Griffiths & Ben Mendehlson
“A poignant drama of a young girl traumatized by the tragic death of her father who retreats into a world of silence. Ultimately through the efforts of her dedicated mother and a young drop-out musician who lives next door, Amy breaks out of her self-imposed isolation by communicating through music -and transforming the lives of everyone around her.“

Thunderstruck
Damon Gameau, Ryan Johnson, Callan Mulvey & Stephen Curry

After a near death experience, five men, all devoted AC/DC fans, make a pact to bury their best friend next to the grave of Bon Scott. Twelve years later, having gone their different ways, they come together to fulfill the promise.

The Bag Man (2014)

Robert De Niro, John Cusack, Crispin Glover.

Flawless movie in terms of story, acting, and pacing. Riveting mystery/thriller from start to end. You dont realize youre holding ypur breath thruout, never sure what's going on and where it could end. Shocked how few people (or no people) know this film, and shocked by the mediocre reviews of it on imdb etc.

Challenge anyone to see it and not love it like i do.

The Man Who Sued God
2001 ‧ Comedy/Romance ‧ 1h 38m

After lawyer Steve Myers (Billy Connolly) abandons his career, he buys a boat and pursues a quiet life as a fisherman. His plans are obstructed when a bolt of lightning destroys his vessel, and his insurance company tells him he isn't covered because the incident was an "act of God." Teaming up with Anne (Judy Davis), a journalist who's sympathetic to his plight, Steve sues God, who is represented in court by religious leaders. The defendants must give evidence of God's existence or pay.
That was filmed in Bermagui, on the NSW south coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back