• Sam Simpson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zach Guthrie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson Thurlow

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

starts from the top. Cats squad players not allowed in rooms during finals pre game and half time. Poor culture.
How about Menzel turning his back on teammates and rolling ball along ground getting ready for goal shot in pre lim when 40 metres out(he missed) no intention of setting up to a teammate like Richmond would do. Learnt this trick off danger who does it as well. No team first attitude its all about me.

Agree to an extent, but it can also be easily solved. That requires a tweak to fix, not a major overhaul.

Interesting call I saw someone make in one of the other threads was Stewart forward in a Max Rooke role.

I see him as a running half back who should continue to grow in confidence and provide quality drive into the forward line
Don't see him creative enough to find space and doesn't have enough tricks to impact forward IMHO

If we do Ablett I do like the idea of Danger permanently forward, or at the very least 60 - 40. He commands attention, is a great mark, and at the very least would bring everything to ground. He also isn't great when it comes to kicking into 50 so it removes that negative part of his game. Work on his goal kicking he would be a 60 goal player easy

FB Stewart Henderson Guthrie
HB Tuohy Taylor Thurlow
C Duncan Selwood Lang
HF Motlop Stanley Gregson
FF McCarthy Hawkins Cockatoo
Fol Smith Dangerfield Ablett
Int Bews Parfitt Menegola Parsons

Interesting call I saw someone make in one of the other threads was Stewart forward in a Max Rooke role.
Yeah that was me and I still like the idea, though IMO it would have been better trialled this season when we were down small forwards yet had an abundance of defenders.

I see him as a running half back who should continue to grow in confidence and provide quality drive into the forward line
Don't see him creative enough to find space and doesn't have enough tricks to impact forward IMHO
Not with James Rahilly running the show.

We need Paul Chapman as our forwards' coach.

FB Stewart Henderson Guthrie
HB Tuohy Taylor Thurlow
C Duncan Selwood Lang
HF Motlop Stanley Gregson
FF McCarthy Hawkins Cockatoo
Fol Smith Dangerfield Ablett
Int Bews Parfitt Menegola Parsons
Good team.
*No Kolo?
*We lose Lang for GAJ more than likely.

Good team.
*No Kolo?
*We lose Lang for GAJ more than likely.
Lang is a bit of a loss if you ask me. Needs a bit more time. Big question is - how is that team going to make the leap that the 2016 and 2017 teams couldn't? I'm not sure I can see how we do it. Especially if we lose Motlop, which will likely happen. People can bag him all they like, but when push comes to shove, he is the cream we need. Time will tell I guess

After reading reports and news today I am going to go with Ablett and Stringer in for now and Motlop and Lang out.
Following lineup to begin with which will no doubt change over the next few months.

Stewart Henderson Bews
Tuohy Taylor Thurlow
Parfitt Menegola Duncan
Stringer Hawkins Gregson
Menzel Dangerfield Cockatoo
Smith J.Selwood Ablett
Buzza S.Selwood McCarthy Z.Guthrie

Stewart Henderson Bews
C Guthrie Taylor Tuohy
Parsons Selwood Duncan
Gregson Hawkins Cockatoo
Ablett Dangerfield Parfitt
Smith Selwood Menegola

Buzza Thurlow McCarthy J Jones

I suspect all sides will look at becoming smaller and faster next year, this team wont happen but I wish it would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are going to play Danger up forward, we can't afford to risk our team being unable to get the pill to him - a la first quarter vs Crows in PF. Worked well against Hawks and Swans but we cannot afford to have our best player standing in the goal square not involved. I would give though to playing him at CHF as he's closer to play upfield.

If Motlop and Menzel go would Lang want to stay at the club?

Or he still wouldn't be in the best 22 due to Ablett and others coming in ahead of him?

B: Bews Taylor Kolo
HB: Tuohy Henderson Stewart
C: C-Guthrie Duncan S Selwood
HF: Motlop Menzel Menegola
F: Cockatoo Hawkins McCarthy
R: Smith Dangerfield J Selwood
I: Blicavs Thurlow Lang Murdoch
E: Stanley Horlin-Smith Parfitt

B: Bews Taylor Kolo
HB: Tuohy Henderson Stewart
C: C-Guthrie Duncan S Selwood
HF: Motlop Menzel Menegola
F: Cockatoo Hawkins McCarthy
R: Smith Dangerfield J Selwood
I: Blicavs Thurlow Lang Murdoch
E: Stanley Horlin-Smith Parfitt
So you don't see us involved in the trade period at all, no-one leaves and no-one arrives at Geelong, so I guess you expect the same result as this year?

So you don't see us involved in the trade period at all, no-one leaves and no-one arrives at Geelong, so I guess you expect the same result as this year?
There's almost no point in doing this until after the trade period, especially if players you have penciled in as starting 18 are linked to other clubs.

There's almost no point in doing this until after the trade period, especially if players you have penciled in as starting 18 are linked to other clubs.

Cronin said it best. I'm not going to include/exclude players based on hypothetical trades, delistings and other associated unconfirmed list changes. I'm only going to work with the current (2017) list, minus Lonergan and Mackie.

Back six a lock

B: Bews Henderson Kolodjashnij
HB: Tuohy Taylor Stewart

Starting midfield a lock

C: Duncan Selwood Ablett
R: Smith Dangerfield S.Selwood

Next 4 players a lock

I: Blitz Menegola Cuthrie Parfitt

Forward line a cluster *

HF: XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
F: Cockatoo Hawkins XXXXX

It's tempting to name Menegola and Parfitt in that forward line but we really need to get a forward structure together that is going to work rather than just throw the second rotation mids up there and hope for the best. It might mean playing Parsons or playing Black or playing Murdoch or whoever who might not be in our best 22 players. We'll know more about the forward line after the trade period. Aside from Ablett the ins and outs are basically all going to be from that area of the ground.

I've based my team on what I think will happen this trade period, which is basically Motlop leaves as a FA and Ablett joins with Lang being traded for a future pick.

B: Kolo Taylor Stewart
HB: Tuohy Henderson Bews
C: Menegola Duncan SSelwood
HF: Cockatoo Hawkins Parfitt
F: Ablett Menzel McCarthy
R: Smith Dangerfield JSelwood
I: Blicavs Thurlow Parsons CGuthrie
E: Stanley Horlin-Smith Ruggles

FB: T.Stewart, L.Henderson,J.Kolo
HB: J.Bews, H.Taylor, Z.Thuoy
C: M.Blicavs, J.Selwood, C.Guthrie
HF:J.Watts, W.Buzza, G. Abblet
FF: N.Cockatoo , T.Hawkins, L.McCarthy
R: Z.Smith, M.Duncan, P.Dangerfield
I: S.Selwood S.Menengola B.Parfitt Z.Guthrie
emg-D.Menzel j.Thurlow R.Stanley C.Gregson J.Murdoch J.Parsons, GHS T.Ruggles
I think D.Lang Motlop are gone and im 50/50 on D.Menzel j.Thurlow. But id be happy with that lineup

Taylor, Duncan, J Selwood,
Hawkins, Dangerfield, Ablett

Would keep Henderson, Tuohy, Cockatoo. Would maybe keep Bews, S,Selwood, Stewart, Menegola, Smith, Parfitt etc.

Yeah that was me and I still like the idea, though IMO it would have been better trialled this season when we were down small forwards yet had an abundance of defenders.

Edit: Clarity using Stewart as a Forward.

I've never considered this but YES. He has quickness and sharpness like a Brad Johnson type. Happy to call this - I think he could be an upgrade on Menzel as the medium forward. Saying this as a lover of Dan. Also we should keep Menzel.

Unsure if our strike rate of turning defenders into forwards is great...
Edit: Clarity using Stewart as a Forward.

I've never considered this but YES. He has quickness and sharpness like a Brad Johnson type. Happy to call this - I think he could be an upgrade on Menzel as the medium forward. Saying this as a lover of Dan. Also we should keep Menzel.

Back