Food, Drink & Dining Out Best takeaway food?

Best takeaway food?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1/4 chicken chips with gravy. (wing piece)

1279082592656.jpg

re Red Rooster, it is a bit of a shame, IMO they are head and shoulders above any other fast food chain of it's type (KFC, McDonalds etc...). Used to get a qtr chicken and chips and a cheeseburger, or a hawaiian pack. But yeah, there were occasions where i'd turn up to get something and they'd "Run out of chicken" and they started microwaving the burgers etc...

But yeah, there were occasions where i'd turn up to get something and they'd "Run out of chicken" and they started microwaving the burgers etc...

That had been happening since the 'Chicken Treat' days. First time we went to Chicken Treat, they'd 'run out of chicken', so for a couple of years after that, I would always start my order with 'do you have any chicken left' lol - best part was most of the time the person behind the counter would go and check :D

KFC is absolutely rank if it isn't cooked properly. If you don't live in a busy area there's about a one hour window at lunch and dinner where you can get fresh, well cooked chicken and chips. Any other time and the strips and chips have been sitting in the warmer for five hours and are as dry as a day old dog turd. Either that or they have to cook it while you wait and you get raw chips with undercooked chicken.

And don't get me started on them forgetting to put salt on the chips. You may as well just eat cardboard.

I've found that the food quality at KFC varies greatly by outlet. Ditto with McDonalds and Hungry Jacks.

My local outlet is exactly how you described KFC when not cooked properly- dry chicken and soggy chips. They also take an eternity to prepare your food, usually forget serviettes/spoons/refresher towels, and count wings with no meat as chicken pieces.

Subway. There's nothing that beats a footlong chicken fillet on italian bread, cheddar cheese and toasted with lettuce, onion, tomato, mayonase, south-western sauce with salt/pepper. Coke and 2 choc-chip cookies. Tha Best.

Have a good Asian take-away and Chicken Shop a very close drive from me, so I swap between those.

Adore a good pizza, but given they are bone easy, i generally make my own.

Charminar is a good Indian take away option.

Curry for mine a chicken vindaloo rice and a garlic naan, bloody awesome!

Love good local pizza shop as well but moved earlier this year and still yet to find a decent one. Adelaide people who live near South Plympton any recommendations?

I have a weakness for Maccas breakfast menu :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all those things were cooked properly - I would go Fish & Chips. At it's best, F&C is amazing.
Pizza 2nd.
The takeaway chain shops like KFC 3rd.

About once a week, we buy a whole chicken from Red Rooster and do a salad at home to serve with it. Feeds 3 of us and then enough for lunch the next day.

Love good fish and chips.

Burgers from Missy Moos in Fremantle are fantastic. Do the best vegie burger since the old hippie place in Margaret River closed down. Not a cheap option though.

Curry for mine a chicken vindaloo rice and a garlic naan, bloody awesome!

Love good local pizza shop as well but moved earlier this year and still yet to find a decent one. Adelaide people who live near South Plympton any recommendations?

I have a weakness for Maccas breakfast menu :(
Isn't there a Marcelina on Anzac Highway, near Plympton?

Subway. There's nothing that beats a footlong chicken fillet on italian bread, cheddar cheese and toasted with lettuce, onion, tomato, mayonase, south-western sauce with salt/pepper. Coke and 2 choc-chip cookies. Tha Best.

Footlong chicken teriyaki on wholemeal bread, old english cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, carrot, cucumber, sweet onion sauce, south west sauce, salt and pepper, fresh. With a gold powerade. Perfect lunch.

Combining 2 of my favourites.

Tandoori chicken pizza. Get around it.
There was a lunch place near my old work that made peking duck pizza for $4 (could have been 5). Everyone used to order it - Groups of 20 people would order the peking duck pizza. So they got a new chef, changed the menu (got rid of the peking duck pizza) and we all stopped going.

Why do businesses make such stoopid decisions.

I have taken a liking to Schnitz and Hanaichi recently

The chips at Schnitz are great and their burgers aren't too bad either. Pork Curry Rice at Hanaichi :thumbsu:

Anyone tried Crazy Wing on Russell St. Sure it's not healthy and I always order too much but it's so good

Back