Unofficial Preview Beyond the Boundary - Gysenn's new AFL Youtube show (Cats Preview)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks from me too Gysenn . Watched round 4 edition while doing some exercise-was fantastic, really took my mind off the aches and pains :):thumbsu:.

You guys really do give a good analysis of the games, "The Footy Show" could learn a thing or two off you in that regard ;).

Thanks from me too Gysenn . Watched round 4 edition while doing some exercise-was fantastic, really took my mind off the aches and pains :):thumbsu:.

You guys really do give a good analysis of the games, "The Footy Show" could learn a thing or two off you in that regard ;).
The best thing is there is no "nudge nudge wink wink" stuff happening. Nor the undertones of oneupmanship or serious dislike... Make that "three best things...."

Sort of brings to mind Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition skit :)

The Round 5 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here!

Josh, Nic and Vinay preview a a huge round of footy, featuring more blockbusters than you've had hot dinners. Buddy Franklin feels the wrath of Lakshman, Rickard gives Carlton a roasting and Gysen gives Geelong a toasting in the best episode of Beyond the Boundary yet.

CONTENTS:

Brisbane vs. Richmond - 02:51
Collingwood vs. North Melbourne - 08:26
Sydney vs. Fremantle - 14:18
West Coast vs. Port Adelaide - 22:41
Essendon vs. St.Kilda - 27:32
Adelaide vs. GWS - 33:58
Melbourne vs. Gold Coast - 37:35
Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton - 41:33
Geelong vs. Hawthorn - 45:47

The Round 5 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here!

Josh, Nic and Vinay preview a a huge round of footy, featuring more blockbusters than you've had hot dinners. Buddy Franklin feels the wrath of Lakshman, Rickard gives Carlton a roasting and Gysen gives Geelong a toasting in the best episode of Beyond the Boundary yet.

CONTENTS:

Brisbane vs. Richmond - 02:51
Collingwood vs. North Melbourne - 08:26
Sydney vs. Fremantle - 14:18
West Coast vs. Port Adelaide - 22:41
Essendon vs. St.Kilda - 27:32
Adelaide vs. GWS - 33:58
Melbourne vs. Gold Coast - 37:35
Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton - 41:33
Geelong vs. Hawthorn - 45:47

Nice work Gysenn! Reckon I saw you guys at Etihad a few weeks back. I was there shooting the Footy Yarns segment for the Marngrook Footy Show and I also shoot and produce the SuperCoach Paige Show, so I can appreciate all that you guys are putting together - keep up the fine work :)Go Cats!! (sorry Daz, just had to borrow that one!)

Nice work Gysenn! Reckon I saw you guys at Etihad a few weeks back. I was there shooting the Footy Yarns segment for the Marngrook Footy Show and I also shoot and produce the SuperCoach Paige Show, so I can appreciate all that you guys are putting together - keep up the fine work :)Go Cats!! (sorry Daz, just had to borrow that one!)
Haha no way! Sorry for stealing your spot by the way ;)

Thanks very much!

Been playing it over and over in my head all day! Unfortunately there's no show this week, one of the other panellists has a very sick relative at the moment, but we should be back next week.
Will you splice in your marking attempts from Monday on the G? - for what its worth, the delivery to you was horrible :eek:

Beyond the Boundary is BACK for Round 7!

Carlton vs. Collingwood - 01:32
Hawthorn vs. St.Kilda - 08:44
GWS vs. Port Adelaide - 15:35
Adelaide vs. Melbourne - 23:23
Brisbane vs. Sydney - 27:01
Essendon vs. Western Bulldogs - 31:51
North Melbourne vs. Gold Coast - 39:33
Geelong vs. Richmond - 42:55
West Coast vs. Fremantle - 48:18

Gysenn - timestamp for the moment where you give it to josh and vinay re: cats beating hawks?

also, general congratulations on the efforts with the show. when you first posted about putting it out, i was sceptical. my housemate now works on feature films doing sound, but when he was at film school the quality of amateur productions was almost uniformly awful.

i believe in constructive criticism of peoples creative endeavours, rather than just a glib 'awesome work!' as a way of showing ive at least tried to pay some attention. so i hope this comes across in the right way... i have to say i thought the standard would be lower than it is having watched the preview clip, but i have been very impressed with the parts show itself i have watched. you guys are all very composed in front of the camera, and the delivery does not come across as 'three mates just starting out'. it will clearly only get better as you all get more experience, which is very positive as it is already at a very good level.

a few times i have intended to just watch certain parts, but just kept going through the whole show.

very well done indeed, and i hope you guys continue to improve on every aspect, finding out what works/what doesnt etc.

good luck pursuing it, and id like to see you all stick with it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gysenn - timestamp for the moment where you give it to josh and vinay re: cats beating hawks?
Never happened unfortunately! I would have gone to town on them if we had have beaten both contenders in consecutive weeks, but given the loss I didn't think it was all that appropriate.
Gysenn
also, general congratulations on the efforts with the show. when you first posted about putting it out, i was sceptical. my housemate now works on feature films doing sound, but when he was at film school the quality of amateur productions was almost uniformly awful.

i believe in constructive criticism of peoples creative endeavours, rather than just a glib 'awesome work!' as a way of showing ive at least tried to pay some attention. so i hope this comes across in the right way... i have to say i thought the standard would be lower than it is having watched the preview clip, but i have been very impressed with the parts show itself i have watched. you guys are all very composed in front of the camera, and the delivery does not come across as 'three mates just starting out'. it will clearly only get better as you all get more experience.

a few times i have intended to just watch certain parts, but just kept going through the whole show.

very well done indeed, and i hope you guys continue to improve on every aspect, finding out what works/what doesnt etc.

good luck pursuing it, and id like to see you all stick with it!
Thanks very much for the feedback! Really appreciate it.

The Round 8 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here!

CONTENTS:
Ladder assessment: 02:00
Sydney vs. Hawthorn: 10:31
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle: 20:31
Brisbane vs. Essendon: 27:40
Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs: 40:09
West Coast vs. GWS: 45:42
St.Kilda vs. Carlton: 51:42

The Round 9 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here!

CONTENTS:
Adelaide vs. Collingwood - 2:27
Essendon vs. Sydney - 09:34
Richmond vs. Melbourne - 19:08
North Melbourne vs. Brisbane - 28:49
Fremantle vs. Geelong - 39:25
St.Kilda vs. Gold Coast - 52:39

Hey Gysenn, I've watched a few eps now, like your work but I'd make compressing it down to a tv half hour a priority. It would greatly expand your reach and appeal (assuming you want to build your audience)
Attention spans these days are shortening, and so it's especially important with a panel style show to keep it short and snappy (just my two cents)

Again great work, but always room for improvement!

Cheers,
norty

Hey Gysenn, I've watched a few eps now, like your work but I'd make compressing it down to a tv half hour a priority. It would greatly expand your reach and appeal (assuming you want to build your audience)
Attention spans these days are shortening, and so it's especially important with a panel style show to keep it short and snappy (just my two cents)

Again great work, but always room for improvement!

Cheers,
norty
Thanks for the feedback! I've been trying to make RickardBTB see the light on that point... Hopefully he'll come around eventually! ;)

Is it his show or all of you guys together?
It's the three of us together. We're still kind of trialling different things at this stage, but that's something I've always felt strongly about... People just don't care enough to watch us talk for a full hour. Pretty difficult to keep it down to 30-35 minutes though.

The Round 10 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here!

CONTENTS:
Geelong vs. North Melbourne - 02:52
GWS vs. Richmond - 13:10
Collingwood vs. West Coast - 19:01
Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn 30:46
Gold Coast vs. Western Bulldogs - 36:57
Carlton vs. Adelaide - 44:17

The Round 10 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here!

CONTENTS:
Geelong vs. North Melbourne - 02:52
GWS vs. Richmond - 13:10
Collingwood vs. West Coast - 19:01
Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn 30:46
Gold Coast vs. Western Bulldogs - 36:57
Carlton vs. Adelaide - 44:17

"They had 44 clangers, which I believe is their equal highest or one of their highest clanger numbers this year."

Actually, it's our equal lowest clanger count this year.

The Round 11 edition of Beyond the Boundary is here! Catch Josh, Nic and Vinay discussing another HUGE round of footy!

CONTENTS:
Sydney vs. Geelong - 01:41
St.Kilda vs. Collingwood - 05:39
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide - 10:13
Brisbane vs. Carlton - 14:50
Essendon vs. Richmond - 19:21
Adelaide vs. Gold Coast - 28:24
Western Bulldogs vs. Fremantle - 32:37
Hawthorn vs. GWS - 37:13
West Coast vs. North Melbourne - 41:41

Remove this Banner Ad

Back