Live Event Big Bash New years day double header game day thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah they should make Botha
Honestly any captain that continues to use this guy at the death has absolute rocks in their head

Sams would have been a better gamble.

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Scorchers 12 players beat Sixers 10.

Feel sorry for the Sixers fans having to sit through another Abbott over at the death. Fair dinkum the bloke couldn’t defend 20 I don’t think.

Regularly fails at the death or in important overs.

Well done to local boy Tim David as well, get that up ya Podge.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've always rated Botha a savvy captain and is a vastly experienced campaigner, but his tactics last night with his bowlers was just bizarre. I know many captains are loathe to overbowl themselves, but Botha clearly should've bowled more than his one over especially after O'Keefe's horrible injury. Then to bowl Abbott in the final over given his history when both he himself and Sams had overs up their sleeves was very strange. Obviously the captain is privy to a lot more information on the fly out in the heat of the battle, but as a spectator it just seemed really weird tactics.

Klinger is an incredible T20 batsman, just so damn experienced and calm headed. Managed to stay so calm right throughout a pretty substantial chase, even though as a supporter seemed we were always just slightly behind and highly vulnerable to the Turner-Klinger partnership being broken. With his wealth of successful experience just have to back the fact that he knows what he's doing and has done it all before. Whilst the pressure does mount on the batting side in those situations, bowlers feel the pinch just as much and a few bad balls can end the game prematurely which we saw last night.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
The Sixers need decent fast bowlers asap.

Sams and Dwarshius are their best paceman going by form, that's rather unfortunate.

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Another point on last night's game, why do fireworks go off after every ******* boundary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Sixers need decent fast bowlers asap.

Sams and Dwarshius are their best paceman going by form, that's rather unfortunate.

Eh? I thought Dwarshius bowled very well for the most part, Sams looks like he's got the potential to go a lot further in his career too. As poor as Abbott is in clutch situations, he is not all that easy to face either and has bowled some good spells.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Curious whether the free hit following the no ball should be bowled in this era of net run rate.

Nah the game is over already. We don't make the fielding team bowl out their remaining overs once the game is over, I don't see any difference.

You still get the NRR bonus of getting the runs without the ball being counted anyway.

Eh? I thought Dwarshius bowled very well for the most part, Sams looks like he's got the potential to go a lot further in his career too. As poor as Abbott is in clutch situations, he is not all that easy to face either and has bowled some good spells.
Problem with Abbott is he’s extremely one dimensional, bang it in with fielders square, worked for one season but now he’s reverted back to cannon fodder.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back