Big crowd this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, turning once again to AFL Live 2007 (it holds a lot of answers to life's tough footy questions) me and my mate played as Richmond and Melbourne at the G in a Home and Away season the other day and the crowd was stated as '96,000'

Suffice to say I'll be disappointed if its below 90k.

(will actually be closer to 45,000)

Would love to see a big crowd of about 50-60k. Realiscally it'd probably about 50k maximum but still should be a great atmosphere. From memory i think the crowd earlier in the year when there'd been only one game won between the sides at that point was somthing like 40-45k so you'd think it'd be greater then that this time around. Hopefully. :thumbsu:

Interesting what they're doing this week - got an email today saying that any member who has attended 4 or more games this season with their membership will get a free once-off upgrade to a reserved level 2 seat for the Richmond game. Might be a good way of showing people what its like, hopefully getting them to buy the more expensive memberships next year?

I like general admission so ill be sticking with that but its an interesting idea.

Good luck this week D's: Its shaped up as really nice late season match for both teams... pity both of our clubs werent on +1 more win each making it some kind of finals race thing (you may pinch 8th anyway) , but the game holds alot of interest in its own right. It will be facinating to see how the lists and coach and game plans measure up against each other in what has been a year of progress for both clubs.

I guess neither team has huge knowledge of each other, as we have both been relatively low profile: from our side, we rate our backline - so (we think) you'll need to think about your avenues to goal, and we are satisfied with progress on the forward line - Reiwoldt shut down for last 3 weeks, but we had 13 goal kickers against Adelaide - so maybe you zone wide, to cover them and risk Jack bagging perhaps 5-6. The one thing to do to defeat us though is KICK STRAIGHT AT GOAL. Freo, Sydney and Adelaide all let us off the hook a dozen times by missing easy goals that should have put us out of the game. Leave us with a sniff at half time and we'll take the game right up to you.
It would be very dissappointing if either team didnt fight it out this week: Cant pick a winner, but reckon its going to be less than 3 goals either way.

re crowd:
I think Richmond fans are looking for some consistency of effort -.. the crowd last week (19k) was a bit inexplicable but efforts against North and Collingwood and were very poor and I think some saw the Adelaide game as a depressing confirmation that our little second half of season bubble had well and truly totally burst and didnt want to loose the nice feeling the past 2 months gave them. Not now though! So crowd less than 40,000 would be dissappointing, and 45,000+ would be great.

Interesting what they're doing this week - got an email today saying that any member who has attended 4 or more games this season with their membership will get a free once-off upgrade to a reserved level 2 seat for the Richmond game. Might be a good way of showing people what its like, hopefully getting them to buy the more expensive memberships next year?

I like general admission so ill be sticking with that but its an interesting idea.

Once your in level 2, you won't be going back to the stock standard

Once your in level 2, you won't be going back to the stock standard
Level 1 is the best I find when Melbourne are playing. There are some moments where you can't see what is happening when the ball is in the opposite pocket but the atmosphere more than makes up for it.

I'm from Tassie and looking at tickets for this Sundays game - how does level two in the Ponsford Stand sound for two Melbourne supporters?

I assume it means we will be above the Tigers cheer squad, would we be best to stick with level 2 in the Ponsford Stand or go to ground level in the Olympic Stand to be closer to other Melbourne supporters?

Dont want to be on the only Melbourne supporters sitting amongst all the Tigers fans (did this a couple of years ago at a Hawks game - wasnt a good experience)

I'm from Tassie and looking at tickets for this Sundays game - how does level two in the Ponsford Stand sound for two Melbourne supporters?

I assume it means we will be above the Tigers cheer squad, would we be best to stick with level 2 in the Ponsford Stand or go to ground level in the Olympic Stand to be closer to other Melbourne supporters?

Dont want to be on the only Melbourne supporters sitting amongst all the Tigers fans (did this a couple of years ago at a Hawks game - wasnt a good experience)

You'll be right TW, sounds like where I sit. Will be above Richmond cheer squad and probably slightly outnumbered by Tigers fans, but it is such a great spot to watch the game from and there are always enough Demons fans around.

Level 1 is the best I find when Melbourne are playing. There are some moments where you can't see what is happening when the ball is in the opposite pocket but the atmosphere more than makes up for it.

Level 1 FTW. I used to not mind sitting higher up, but if it's a Melbourne game I always sit down the bottom nowadays. The atmosphere is so much better, and you're closer to the game as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back