Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List Game 2024 - May Deaths Be Forever In Your Favour (Host @ClarkeM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I clearly didn't do that much research 🤣 didn't have the time since I'm overseas. But I also would have felt morbid googling "celebrities with cancer" lol :/

Some of you here take this game very seriously!

Happy New Year everyone 🍾

I googled different phrases like, "terminally ill celebrities", "celebrity death predictions 2024", and "celebrities with ALS" - sure it's morbid and if anyone checked my search history from this month it looks a little off, but I'll do the same searches later this year 😂

Can anyone see any other anomalies? People who are already dead etc.?
My wife fe just said I’m dead to her for doing this again

I googled different phrases like, "terminally ill celebrities", "celebrity death predictions 2024", and "celebrities with ALS" - sure it's morbid and if anyone checked my search history from this month it looks a little off, but I'll do the same searches later this year 😂
I rehashed a lot of names from the last few years and from others sites, X, and News articles

I did specific searches on Google News within the last 12 months but was careful not to overload the search with multiple criteria as this often leads to bot detection s**t which slows you down.

"Terminal * " (gives you multiple options) AND "Athlete".....AND "senator" AND "Actor" etc

"Months to live"
Diagnosis
I could have done different languages but cbf

Invite her to join for next year?
Unfortunately her 20 nominations for "MP_" will not be eligible but we appreciate her efforts.

Surprised that many posters knew Rob Burrow. Thought that might get me a sneaky leg up.

I had him on my shortlist but was kinda concerned I may have been adding too many with ALS to my final list, so he was one who didn't make it to my final 20

I'll be monitoring that list this year though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided not to play but this would have been my list

Nic Cester
Chris Cester
Josh Homme
Troy Van Leeuwen
Michael Shuman
Dean Fertita
Jon Theodore
Kanye West
Drake
Gabriele Susanne Kerner
Sam Cromack
Ezra Koenig
Limp Bizkit
Alex Turner
Matt Heiders
Jamie Cook
Nick O'Malley
Vanessa Amarossi
Madonna
Donna Simpson
Are you planning on bombing this year's Splendour in the Grass?

Can you ask her to wait 2 years? I'll get the wiki machine going.
She just bought a dehydrator and my cc statement has her purchasing gourmet mushrooms, should I be worried?

Come on already 2024.

Bit of a fizzer so far

giphy.gif

FYI the deathlist.net Top 50 for 2024:

Lots of 90+ year olds, as to be expected.

PERSON# of times selectedStatus
Bruce Wilis32ALIVE
Shannen Doherty32ALIVE
Neale Daniher25ALIVE
Jonnie Irwin19ALIVE
Michael J. Fox16ALIVE
Vladimir Putin16ALIVE
Michael Schumacher15ALIVE
Andy Taylor12ALIVE
Linda Nolan12ALIVE
Rob Burrow12ALIVE
James Whale11ALIVE
John Farnham11ALIVE
Billy Connolly10ALIVE
Celine Dion10ALIVE
Rex Hunt10ALIVE

Surprised by lack of Jimmy Carter nominations (should have nominated him instead of Murdoch twice lol)

Is it because no expected him to make it past 2023 ? Easy points gone begging

I note down prospective names all throughout the year. It tends to be people who have announced they are unwell, but it can also be older people who just enter my mind for some reason. I have the list on the notes app on my tablet.

It's usually pretty easy for me to get down to around 25 names, then it's gets more difficult to get it down further. Outside of the list of 20 I also have ~30 noted below that are progressively added/removed from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back